New engine runs great BUT -------HELP! - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

New engine runs great BUT -------HELP!

Old 01-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Cvan
Junior User
Cvan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Unhappy New engine runs great BUT -------HELP!

My newely installed 4.2 engine runs great, starts great, and sounds better. But I have 2 trouble codes that I have never heard of before. They are -PO155- which is "sensor heater circuit malfunction, bank #2 sensor #1 and -PO161- "sensor heater circuit malfunction, bank #2 sensor #2. What are these sensors and where are they located????? Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!!
Chris

Old 01-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Cvan
Junior User
Resolved!! This conserns the preheater on the O-2 sensors in the exhaust. Evidently There are heat coils in the oxygen sensors. If they burn out or are not supplied with voltage the above trouble codes will show up. I hope this will help someone in the future.
Chris

Old 01-04-2008, 09:06 PM
BrianA
Postmaster
BrianA has a great reputation on FTE.BrianA has a great reputation on FTE.BrianA has a great reputation on FTE.BrianA has a great reputation on FTE.
Yep, you're right.
The O2 sensors have heaters built in.

Glad you found the prob and really glad to hear your motor runs good.

Sincere congrats on your project!

Old 01-04-2008, 11:32 PM
Cvan
Junior User
Thanks for your kind words. I'm crowding 60 pretty hard and I'm glad the project is over. I have to admit that I probably felt just as good as I did 40 years ago when the first project started up and ran like I hoped it would. This may be the last one tho. I just don't bend and move like I used to. And why Ford felt the need to stick the engine half way under the dashboard is beyond me. Other than that it was a pretty straight forward project. This is a fine group of people and I would like to thank everyone for their support.
Have a good new year,
Chris

Old 01-10-2008, 12:07 AM
BrianA
Postmaster
BrianA has a great reputation on FTE.BrianA has a great reputation on FTE.BrianA has a great reputation on FTE.BrianA has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Cvan
Thanks for your kind words.

This is a fine group of people and I would like to thank everyone for their support.

Chris
Chris, thank YOU.
It folks like you that help make FTE work, and a great place to hang out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.