Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 rims on my 2000 f-350

Old 01-04-2008, 07:55 AM
dtippins
Junior User
dtippins is starting off with a positive reputation.
2008 rims on my 2000 f-350

I bought a set of 2008 rims from a local dealer that was last thursday well I started having them put on then I realize the thread pattern is different so I had to oder some they came in yesterday a week later so last night about 7:00 I started putting them on my truck front rims go on with out a problem and the back rims go on with out a problem but the ceter caps dont fit so I had to modify the center cap by cutting the center out of it ..........long story short I get the shop cleaned back up and I back out of the shop and the rips are hitting some thing I get out and they are hitting some bracket around the brake hose ...........any one can tell me what to do to fix I would thank

Old 01-04-2008, 08:05 AM
Pocket
Pocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputationPocket has a superb reputation
Starting in 2005 the wheel offset was changed. That's why you can't get them to fit properly. Best thing to do is to buy wheels made for '99-'04 Superduties, either stock or aftermarket.

You can put wheel spacers on to make them fit, but it's not something that I would recommend. These trucks are heavy, and if you do a lot of towing you can put way too much stress on the spacers. I've personally seen wheel spacers sheer right off a truck and send the wheel and tire rolling down the road, and the truck slamming to the ground.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:47 AM
bdrummonds
Post Fiend
bdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud ofbdrummonds has much to be proud of
I agree with Curtis. Whatever dealer you are going through should have know this before he ordered a set of 08 rims for you. They 05 to 08 rims are designed to be used on trucks with coil springs in the front. (hence greater offset) even if you get the brakeline bracket to clear, whenever you try to go to full lock on the steering wheel it will start rubbing on the leaf spring. Sorry.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:50 AM
empiretc
Post Fiend
empiretc is a splendid one to beholdempiretc is a splendid one to beholdempiretc is a splendid one to beholdempiretc is a splendid one to beholdempiretc is a splendid one to beholdempiretc is a splendid one to behold
i always read about the backspacing issue, but it is always with 4x4 trucks. does anyone know what the situation is concerning a 2wd? i have heard mixed stories.

if they go on just fine, i will have to upgrade mine.