South Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: SC_Hoaty

2008 Vacation prediction Hot Spots!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 09:58 PM
FTE Trigger
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Vacation prediction Hot Spots!

Anyone planning this far ahead? I haven't been on a "real" vacation (w/out my cell phone) in quite a few years.

I really don't feel like doing a lot of driving... flying is okay... maybe even Rail... no Bus please...

I've even thought about the "boat"... I feel I could get into a lot of trouble on a cruise... hhnnmmm.....

Anyone have a suggestion?

Old 12-21-2007, 07:15 AM
TheWiz427
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I forgot what vacation was. LoL

I guess it depends on what you want to do like do you want to be cold or hot? Also what hobbies do ya have IE: Skiing(Water or Snow), Boating, Hiking or seeing sights(Historical, Nature, Country). The flying range is wide open, Rail is limited to the U.S. and Canada. As for the bus...........NO WAY!

#5 Need input!

Old 12-29-2007, 07:06 PM
nutfarmii
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vacation what is that????? Hey Trigger, howdy Wiz....dang PC still is tempermental.....How about Lake Russell now that you can hop the stumps.....

later

Old 01-03-2008, 09:58 AM
92F150Flare
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruises are good Rich.......Some leave out of Charleston now too. My advice would be a "freestyle" cruise. Lots less restrictive about when to eat and activities....leave it up to you more. I think Med is the line offering those.

We took a Bahama cruise in 06....our first....on an older Carnival ship out of Jacksonville Fla. It was ok.......4 day 3 night. Newer and bigger boat would be better. And maybe the Virgin Islands next time.
And I agree......you probly could get in trouble....... I would have if I'd been alone........

Other than that we spend a lot of time in Tennessee.....and just had a great long weekend in Blowing Rock NC.

Old 01-03-2008, 03:37 PM
FLgargoyle
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well, for our 25th anniversary, we are going to beautiful, exotic Traveler's Rest, SC in April.