N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Belated welcome to a new member-Wayno

Old 12-19-2007, 11:26 PM
fastmover
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Belated welcome to a new member-Wayno

Hi Everyone,

I want to extend a belated welcome to Wayno. Last week I approved Wayne and Sue's membership into the chapter and they promptly emailed me some biographical information that I requested. Unfortunately, I just saw the email today. Sorry Wayne and Sue.

So, let us all give Wayno a big FTE Northern California Chapter welcome. Here is a little information about Wayne and Sue.

"No current projects other than keeping my first HD, a 2001 Platinum edition F250 roadworthy. Actually this is my first Diesel. Bought property in AZ high country w/o Williams with 4 miles of dirt road access, and borrowed my brothers F250 to haul trailer & material back and forth. Loved the Diesel and bought one.

I have basic mechanical skills though really hadn't worked on cars/trucks since 1987 when I bought my first "computerized" car. Used to maintain all my rigs, but time and technology pushed these to shops.

Right now I'm trying to get a my trans, a 4R100 fixed. After a failure, I had it rebuilt by a trans shop in Pleasanton. Worked OK but lost engine
braking. After a lot of back and forth, they finally agreed and tore it down again, Worked for first 100 miles and EB failed again. One of the members of TE.com a retired Trans Engineer, suggested that in 2001 there were some bad cases that had a snap ring groove too shallow, and as a result the snap ring holding the coast clutch in place let go. I might have to just replace the trans with a rebuilt. Interested in hearing of a good shop or source for a solid 4R100.

My next project is a minor one, pulling the overhead computer, fixing or replacing, and then replace a couple of door lock actuators. Nothing more ambitious than that at the moment. Work keeps me pretty busy, and I
travel a fair amount with it.

Other than that I'm 61, close to retirement, and still vertical. Live in Dublin, great wife, three granddaughters and two old dogs.

Meanwhile, the Truck Enthusiasts site has been a God send.

Thanks!

Wayne & Sue Kilburn"

Old 12-20-2007, 07:39 PM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi Wayne & Sue, and Welcome! Hope to see ya around...!

Old 12-22-2007, 12:53 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 120 Likes on 116 Posts
Hello Wayne and Sue, and welcome to the chapter, this is definitely the place to be for Ford info. )

Search this Thread