Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

My Ford Is Going Up For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 08:10 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile My Ford Is Going Up For Sale

Well, I have finally made up my mind. I'm going to put my Ford F250 4x4 up FOR SALE after the new year. I have had it. I refuse to put anymore money into it. It has just been a money pit for years. I like the truck but I can't continue to fix it.
I compared the cost of our Dodge D250, the 1st year of owning it with about the same mileage as the Ford when we bought it the 1st year. The Dodge hasn't cost even half what the Ford cost in parts & repairs. Then we picked up this Chevy Lumina with 230,000 miles on it. I put in a battery, radiator, upper rad hose, tune-up, & new belts. I can't find anything else to fix. It runs great.
So I have decided to find a 90s Chevy 3/4 or 1 ton 4x4, or maybe a Dodge 4x4.
I looked at all the records I keep on the cars & trucks I have and do own. I can't find a Ford that really gave me miles of enjoyable, trouble free ownership. I have had 2 Chevys that I never did anything but routine maintenance. A 79 CK20 4x4, & 04 Trailblazer LS. The 79 I drove to 200,000 miles & sold it to a friend who drove it another 100,000 before he traded it in on a Dodge. The Trailblazer had around 70,000 miles before we sold it because of my wife trying to finish her college degree.
I'm planning on staying on the forum. God knows I have fixed almost everything on our 86 F250 at least once. So I can help others. This is a great bunch of people.
So anyone looking for an 86 F250 4x4 with extras I have one FOR SALE.
Craig

Old 12-11-2007, 09:38 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,688 Likes on 1,134 Posts
wow what to say?
I don't personally agree with some of ford's "practices" but I haven't even driven my chevy since I got my '97 PSD.