Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Ford to recall 1.2 million trucks, SUVs and vans

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 01:47 PM
Red Star
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford to recall 1.2 million trucks, SUVs and vans

Ford will be recalling 1.2 million trucks, SUVs and vans due to a faulty engine sensor. The recall affects vehicles of from 1997 through 2003 that are equipped with the 7.3L diesel engine.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/12/06/f...suvs-and-vans/

Old 12-06-2007, 01:56 PM
SMIGGS
Posting Guru
That's a big recall.

What about those camshafts in the Tundras.......

Old 12-06-2007, 02:08 PM
BLK94F150
Postmaster
Originally Posted by SMIGGS
That's a big recall.

What about those camshafts in the Tundras.......
Just for the record-I didn't say it. But hey, better late than never. It's not like the engine hasn't even been made in almost 4.5 years.....oh wait, crap

Mike

Old 12-06-2007, 02:37 PM
SMIGGS
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by BLK94F150
Just for the record-I didn't say it. But hey, better late than never. It's not like the engine hasn't even been made in almost 4.5 years.....oh wait, crap

Mike
I say to hell with pouring gas on the fire, just throw the whole gas can in and see what happens!

Old 12-06-2007, 06:53 PM
builtfordtough13
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow this is like the 3rd or 4th thread on this same topic. Great this is just one more thing that the media can blast ford about, and make people think that japanese cars are the way to go.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:35 PM
BLK94F150
Postmaster
You know what, I'm not going debate who is better or worse or whatever.

But I think we all know that this is a problem and has been for a long time. Really, it's one of the only recuring problems with the 7.3 They are just now, after almost 4.5 years out of production, addressing the issue.

That's crap. That's bottom of the barrel customer service. That's trying to put it off and hope that it goes away instead of taking care of the people that bought the 30K+ trucks that they so desperately need us to buy now.

I wonder how long it's going to be before we get the mod engine spark plug blowout recall? Probably long after owners have dumped tons of money to get them fixed.

I wonder how long they knew about the cruise control fires before calling a recall?

It's sad, and I'm pissed off. Why? Because I used to think that Ford was the end all of American tuff as nails, stand behind the customer, red, white, and blue good guys. But it seems like every day they pound another nail into thier own coffin.

Mike

Old 12-07-2007, 12:46 PM
hofuf
Elder User
You know what, I'm not going debate who is better or worse or whatever.

But I think we all know that this is a problem and has been for a long time. Really, it's one of the only recuring problems with the 7.3 They are just now, after almost 4.5 years out of production, addressing the issue.

That's crap. That's bottom of the barrel customer service. That's trying to put it off and hope that it goes away instead of taking care of the people that bought the 30K+ trucks that they so desperately need us to buy now.

I wonder how long it's going to be before we get the mod engine spark plug blowout recall? Probably long after owners have dumped tons of money to get them fixed.

I wonder how long they knew about the cruise control fires before calling a recall?

It's sad, and I'm pissed off. Why? Because I used to think that Ford was the end all of American tuff as nails, stand behind the customer, red, white, and blue good guys. But it seems like every day they pound another nail into thier own coffin.

Mike
Why are you pissed? What is the specific safety issue that justifies a recall?

Old 12-07-2007, 01:53 PM
BLK94F150
Postmaster
How about loss of power. How is that not a safety issue.

For me it's not even about the safety issue. It's about a known, common issue that Ford has looked the other way on.

Mike

Old 12-07-2007, 03:32 PM
killaford
Elder User
wow!

the dreaded 6.0 huh?

these guys really like ford diesels it sounds like.

ya, its crap they waited this long to do something. why are the peeps fussing now that they are fixing and they didnt fuss before.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:29 PM
hofuf
Elder User
How about loss of power. How is that not a safety issue.

For me it's not even about the safety issue. It's about a known, common issue that Ford has looked the other way on.

Mike
That's a valid concern, however, there have been a total of 14 reported incidents in which a loss of power resulted in any form of incident. That's over 150 Billion miles driven with only 14 incidents. Of the 14 incidents, none have reported any injuries. Seems like overkill to me.

Funny how a company can do more than should be done and people get pissed.

Old 12-08-2007, 10:38 AM
SMIGGS
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by hofuf
Funny how a company can do more than should be done and people get pissed.
Just tell that to the people that had to pay $$$$ for a new head because of granading plugs or those who had to pay $$$$ because of broken spark plugs...

If you ask me, "they" aren't doing enough. And every manufacturer is guilty of it.

Old 12-08-2007, 12:11 PM
hofuf
Elder User
Originally Posted by SMIGGS
Just tell that to the people that had to pay $$$$ for a new head because of granading plugs or those who had to pay $$$$ because of broken spark plugs...

If you ask me, "they" aren't doing enough. And every manufacturer is guilty of it.
ALL mechanical devices break at sometime or another. The manufacturer of a mechanical device should not have to pay for every breakdown of that device forever. A warranty is a warranty and if people want protection for more than what is covered then they should buy an extended warranty.

Old 12-08-2007, 12:21 PM
SMIGGS
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by hofuf
ALL mechanical devices break at sometime or another. The manufacturer of a mechanical device should not have to pay for every breakdown of that device forever. A warranty is a warranty and if people want protection for more than what is covered then they should buy an extended warranty.
Your right, all mechanical devices break down at sometime or another.

But what if the same mechanical devices ( ie modular motor ) are having the EXACT same breakage due to a design flaw? And low and behold, it occurs over time when the warranty is finished?

Why should I have to spend more money to buy extended warranties to fix someone elses mistake?

Old 12-09-2007, 07:33 PM
monckywrench
Cargo Master
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
"Why should I have to spend more money to buy extended warranties to fix someone elses mistake?"

Because as American Consumers it is our sacred duty to bend over, grab our ankles at every opportunity, and let the people who sell us stuff....drive us home.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:18 PM
THE KING
SUV and Vans? I thought it was just for the 99-03 7.3L powerstroke? We already had to change our TPS twice and we finally bought the new and improved one for 25 bucks, Good thing we kept our old falty TPS lol because im gonna put that back in and bring it to the dealer and get another free one. I think if it was any other company they would have just said O WELL your SOL. Later

Quick Reply: Ford to recall 1.2 million trucks, SUVs and vans