1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

"THE TRUCK" thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 11:05 AM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well glad to hear every one is ok. too bad about the truck though!

Old 12-10-2007, 11:07 AM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i will fill everyone in. sry for hijacking the thread for a second cody, i hope you don't mind.

From looking at where hagen wrecked his truck and from talking to a guy who says he was driving right behind him, nobody ran Hagen off the road. from what i'm told he was showing off since he had my Evolution on the truck and just never hit the brakes before the 90* corner and plowed into a solid rock mailbox. and then ran through a fence about 30 feet away from that. the mailbox weighed an easy 500lbs because when i tried to pick up one side of it, i couldn't budge it with one of my buddies helping me. the mailbox was about a foot in the ground before it was hit. The Ranch Hand front end replacement bumper on the truck is back in the engine and is totally cratered. i will try to get picks of the truck and post them in a seperate thread later on.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Flea
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What retreat / get together are you all talking about?
Is there a FTE get together?

Old 12-10-2007, 08:03 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
the FTE get together in central texas is the get together that they are talking about. it is here in austin.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Flea
Elder User
Is this for anyone or just Texas members?
I would like to check out everyone's rides.
Wouldn't cost me much in fuel.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:29 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
come on out. im sure you would be welcome. it's for all FTE members

Old 12-10-2007, 08:39 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
i need to get better resources!!!

i went and talked to the guy that was riding with hagen when he got in the wreck and he said that there was no guy driving behind them when they wrecked the truck, which would make sense to me because if there was then he would have stopped. so never mind on what i posted earlier i guess that it's pretty possible that they could have been run of the road after all b/c there are some really goofy drivers over there!!! i believe hagen a bit more now after talking to that guy. i think preston(the guy who said he saw hagen wreck) was full of it and just trying to get us against hagen cause i don't think he likes hagen.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:50 PM
barebackjake
Postmaster
trucks lookin awesome cody!!

find anymore out on the keyless?

Old 12-10-2007, 09:14 PM
Flea
Elder User
What! Soap drama on the FTE board?

Old 12-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Jacksfirstdiesel
Senior User
Nice lookin'truck Duck I was real busy this weekend doin'g injector o-rings but I promise to email you some pics of the seats I got (same color as the ones in Rockee). Those car seats are pretty pimp in the back!

Old 12-11-2007, 12:01 AM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Well, for the most part, I guess all our guys are okay. Who knows what happened. They are just trucks right?

Flea, go the the texas forum and look at the Dam Fine Picnic wrap up. You can see pics of our get together. And you are always welcome in the Texas chapter.

Austin, We'll fit it up when I'm done with it. Which should be soon.

Jack, I would like to see the pics. But I'm not gonna waste your time man, I really want to keep the seats in that generation. But who knows, send them when you get the chance. I really appreciate your time.

Now for the bad news.......Rockee is going to the tranny shop for a few days. I knew starting off that the truck had a problem with 2nd gear. It would pop out, and or grind. I was hoping I could figure out how to drive it without it doing it. No such luck. It's transmission fate was sealed Sat. night while out seeing Christmas lights with the family on board. While pulling into the Johnson City court house square (packed with people) it poped out of reverse and proceeded to grind LOUDLY to which everyone turned and looked. GAME OVER. The first rule of cool is not to do stupid crap in a crowd. Rockee did, and I can't have that. I'm one of those guys that would rather look good and lose, than look bad and win. So I called up my good friend Wade and told him I was bringing the truck in. So it will be in the shop tomorrow. I was actually hoping to do the tranny myself so I could do some mods while I was in there, i.e. wrap the up pipes, repair the down pipe...(p.o. installed a 3" dp without bending the firewall and the seam has rubbed a hole in it. Anyway, so that's where we are on the truck.

Jake, honestly brother, I haven't even thought about it. I have been working on getting it legal in TX. I got it inspected and registered today to the tune of $579. Wow taxes suck. But it's officially a Texas truck.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:01 AM
Mach1
Senior User
Cody..I hope you saved the flag/mural, as I want to put it in the 2000..

Old 12-11-2007, 04:12 PM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Received 1,440 Likes on 937 Posts
I am really diggin that truck!

Old 12-11-2007, 09:39 PM
1997F-350
Postmaster
i'm sticking to my guns........cody #3 needs a 60 under it and how long have i said it???????

i now see why you needed a 4 door...they come in handy.

btw dont sell #3. i get a sick feeling every time i think about my long gone psd.

Last edited by 1997F-350; 12-11-2007 at 09:42 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:58 PM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Believe me Ryan, if there was a way to pull off this new truck without selling it, I would. But I gotta have some money to pay for paint, and now a tranny. And after taking all it's speed parts from it, I don't think I could stand to look at it everyday. I've only taken it's wheels and intake off, and it already stares at me all angry. It literally talks to me. I would rather try to give it to someone who will enjoy moding it like I did. But in our neck of the woods, it will propbably go south of the border. That kills me too. But if I don't start getting this new truck into shape and blowing some coal, I'm gonna go crazy. And No.3's demise will facilitate it.

Quick Reply: "THE TRUCK" thread