New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

Looking for a mechanic/Transmission shop inside of 128

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 11:53 AM
Bernie Lomax
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for a mechanic/Transmission shop inside of 128

Dealer told me $780 to change a solenoid pack(?) in my transmission. It's shifting strange, check engine light is on, I'd like to get it fixed ASAP and find a good mechanic to work on this truck in the future. I am in Dedham, MA - trying to stay as local as possible if anyone has any recommendations?

Thank you.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:39 PM
BIGKEN
Received 7,090 Likes on 4,180 Posts
Originally Posted by Bernie Lomax
Dealer told me $780 to change a solenoid pack(?) in my transmission. It's shifting strange, check engine light is on, I'd like to get it fixed ASAP and find a good mechanic to work on this truck in the future. I am in Dedham, MA - trying to stay as local as possible if anyone has any recommendations?

Thank you.
Hey Bernie...sorry I can't help you...I'm in the great state of Western Massachusetts. I can hook you up with a guy out here...a tech from our shop...works out of his garage also.
Let me know how you make out locally...it might be worth the trip.

On another note...how is it you've been on FTE for more than 3 1/2 years and haven't joined the New England Chapter??? We have a pretty active core group...always looking to meet new folks. A great bunch of guys and gals who share your passion for Fords. Check out the threads about our GTGs...we try to meet in a different area each month...looks like the January GTG is going to be at the auto show in Boston on January 6th. We'd love to meet you...don't be afraid...we dont bite!!! Well...truth be told...the Chapter Leader bites...but we muzzle him when he's out in public!!!

Check us out...no cost or obligation to join!!!

Ken

Old 12-07-2007, 10:40 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by Bernie Lomax

Thank you.

Hello Bernie,,Like Ken said check us out and join our meets we do have a good time and very tame for the most part..I wish I knew of a trany shop for you but I don't and someone will shortly so hang in there..

You can also join the chapter by clicking on the link below this post..

Old 12-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Nitramjr
Postmaster

Sorry I missed this thread - did you already get the work done?

If not, or for future reference, Everett Transmission on Ferry Street in Everett is a great place for any transmission work. They have done many jobs for me and other family members and they are always fair, reasonable priced and they guarantee their work. I don't know how they are for warranty claims since I never had one - great guys, great work. Small shop but they hustle.

http://www.everetttransmission.com/

I am not affiliated with them at all other than they are in the city I grew up in. I have done business with them for well over 20 years.