Recommended tuner for 2008 F-150 FFV (E85) - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
Computer Chips & Tuners  

Recommended tuner for 2008 F-150 FFV (E85)

Old 11-27-2007, 12:58 PM
jskibi
New User
jskibi is starting off with a positive reputation.
Recommended tuner for 2008 F-150 FFV (E85)

Just got my 2008 F-150 5.4L FFV and would like a custom tune to run E85 more efficiently. I have read forums regarding Edge, Diablosport and Troyer. I would like some opinions or feedback regarding personal experience. In my experience with my Harley, it's nice to only have to buy one tuner.

I mainly would like to close the efficiency gap between gas and ethanol. Optimized performance, support of the local economy and running greener would be secondary benefits.
Please let me know.

Joe

Old 12-02-2007, 09:50 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
FTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputation
Edge isn't a custom tuner. Off-the shelf Diablo's aren't either (you'd have to contact a Diablo dealer who can do CMR custom programming). Troyer can handle this, as can other competant SCT dealers.

Old 12-02-2007, 10:54 AM
jskibi
New User
jskibi is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for the reply!

I contacted Troyer, they do not provide custom tunes for E85. In fact, they do not recommend even utilizing it. Instead they recommend setting an SCT to 91 if one wants to use E85.

I contacted Diablosport and was referred to Andy Wick who founded runE85.com and dynotuneusa.com. He does custom tunes for the Predator model.

That's what I have come up with so far.

Joe

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.