Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

my 2k lightning VS wrx STi (true beat down stories) V1

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 10:58 AM
linomagno
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking my 2k lightning VS wrx STi (true beat down stories) V1

i had to share this one with everyone.

i baby my lightning, and haven done much to it. the configuration i have is simple. ( boost bypass, sct racing system, cold air intake, strait pipes w/ cats, shift kit, and under drive pully.) so here is the story!!!

i was crusing down the highway at my always 15mph over the speed limit 80 in a 65, when a blue wrx STi passes me. not paying attention to it, i keep on my path. then he start's to slow down. so i say "ha, whats this ricer what" i speed up to 85 and get even with him. Next thing i know i see his front end lift about 6 inche's. ( i realize at that point hes taking off) so i punch it. he pulls ahead about 3 car lengths until 110mph, then i start to pass him at a rate of 20mph. once im around 155 i start to slow down. my radar detector kicked in for a few seconds. but it was a false alarm.

now i was thinking maybe he cuts off at 115mph, and as we all know lightning are much faster at slower speed's with way less air resistance than at faster speed above 70mph. now at 65 mph he begins to catch up. and once again when hes even he starts to jerk (i could olmost here him saying "let's go let's go") but what he doesnt know is right at 65mph i have my SCT program designed to kick into 2nd gear and push the rpm to 6500. so this time i figure ill take off. so looking at him, he finally looked over at me and all i did was the signature wave and saying bye bye.

when i punched it, he did the same lift i mentioned earlier, but this time he never edged forward, i think it was very humuliating for him to spend all that money on a pretty peppy car and get a huge smack down from a 6000lbs truck. im sure his girl frend in the passenger seat was more impressed by me than him... no doubt.

well, i always beleaved that the STi was supposed to be king of all imports (excluding the exotics like porsche, lambo, ferrarri, and so on) i really didn't think i had a chance, but apperently my $19,000 truck can beat down a $34,000 rice racer. i know he beats me in gas milage, but not on ( speed, space, comfort, towing capacity, looks, quality, damn i could keep going)

so tell me what you think about that and if you have a beat down story you would like to share...

Last edited by linomagno; 06-09-2007 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
I'm calling BS. Too much inaccurate info.

Stewart

Old 06-09-2007, 02:43 PM
linomagno
New User
believe what you want, this happened!! and if you cant handle the heat, get out of the kitchen, i have no reason to lie, nor do i care. there is no inaccurate info.

how so if you think it is. whats wrong with the story. are YOU upset that i beat a STi and you didnt. Or what, i know about the wipple's, i looked into it. you should know what your truck can and can't do...

hey heres a fun fact for you. a 2.5l turbo, can and will not beat 5.4 super. end of story

i dont know dude, for all i know it could have been a normal wrx with the STi badges on it.

truth is, i beat him and loved it.

thanks for your input.....

Old 06-10-2007, 12:15 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by linomagno
believe what you want, this happened!! and if you cant handle the heat, get out of the kitchen, i have no reason to lie, nor do i care. there is no inaccurate info.

how so if you think it is. whats wrong with the story. are YOU upset that i beat a STi and you didnt. Or what, i know about the wipple's, i looked into it. you should know what your truck can and can't do...

hey heres a fun fact for you. a 2.5l turbo, can and will not beat 5.4 super. end of story

i dont know dude, for all i know it could have been a normal wrx with the STi badges on it.

truth is, i beat him and loved it.

thanks for your input.....
Easy there, Tex! Don't be getting all female just because I don't jump on your wagon congratulating you on your supposed kill.

You get'n yer nose bent out of shape just because I call BS?? I thought you didn't care? Either way, it aint no big deal to me, but I guess it is to you, judging by your response.

'Nuff said. Have a good day.

Stewart

Old 06-10-2007, 09:29 PM
NeXtras
More Turbo
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
harvey ill point out the errors =D lol

so how do you know you were going 155mph? considering you drive a lightning, you must know the spedometer tops out at 140mph. And in second gear if you have your SCT to go to 6500 rmp, your redline is at 6000rpm, truck would have sounded like it was gunna blow up..

There is no shot in hell that you will find an STi and beat it with a Lightning. The STi is about half the weight of the truck. You will NOT beat the subaru's EZ30R a.k.a. H6 engine (2.5L, 4cyl)that is turbo charged with a good open exaust. Maybe in your dreams?

You want a real race? Come race my friend with a NON STi WRX (turbo 2.5) and he'll whoop ur as$, GUARENTEED.

So heres a story for you. I was driving down the road this morning going to work. I noticed theres a newr toyota tacoma behind me. The guy is getting closer and closer to me. He starts to back off and then i notice he swerves out. I give my truck some gas and take off (starting from about 30mph...speed limit). He gets along side of me, im still not full throttle so i give it a little more so now my truck just downshifted and im off... get up to about 50 which at this point the speed limit is 40 so its only 10mph over... meh, not to shabby. Its good to know my 302 AMERICAN MUCLE can beat out a foreign truck, who knows he might not have been trying, but i at least had fun at 7 o clock in the morning =D

Old 06-10-2007, 11:18 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by NeXtras
harvey ill point out the errors =D lol
Yeah, and you only touched on some of them, not all!

I didn't even consider posting his errors because any Lightning owner who's had his L for awhile and modified it, wouldn't list the errors he posted. It just wasn't worth itemizing everything because to me, it's obvious this guy only has half a clue.

There is no shot in hell that you will find an STi and beat it with a Lightning.
Well, lets be a little more specific. There's no way in hell he'd beat a WRX STi with HIS Lightning, with only the mods he has listed.

I've beaten a stock STi, as have many other L owners who post over at SVT P and NLOC.

Stewart

Last edited by S_Harvey; 06-10-2007 at 11:21 PM.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:31 PM
Blurry94
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
How do you know the owner of the WRX paid $34k for his car?

Old 06-11-2007, 05:56 AM
NeXtras
More Turbo
i believe thats sticker price for a STi.

keep in mind STi's are AWD and have a 70-30 split for the reaer end so there fast (70-30 meaning it can shut off traction)

Old 06-11-2007, 07:25 AM
phil6608
Post Fiend
True or not it was a fun story,,hahahaha
I haven't bin beaten in my truck for some time now,,,,lol.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:02 AM
Silver Streak
Postmaster
I call BS as well. I'm also curious to know what he was hauling in the bed.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:11 AM
phil6608
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Silver Streak
I call BS as well. I'm also curious to know what he was hauling in the bed.
hahahaha ya I was wondering how he got his Lightning to weigh 6000 pounds,,,lol.
My Supercrew with me in it is 6000 LBs and a stock one is less then that.

I'm calling BS too.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:27 PM
_red rocket_
Senior User
Sorry to drag this thread up from the shallow depths...

The STI was not designed to be a straight line speed car, it is based upon rally heritage. The cars are very quick and a lot of them are modded - one forum site, nasioc.com, has over 147k members now and there are a lot more forums as well (I only mention this to show there is a HUGE WRX/STI following). Also, a lot of owners take WRX's and slap on STI components and then the STI badging but it is not a OEM STI in the US.

I just bought a '94 F-250 and was searching around to fix a couple of problems on the 250 and came across this thread. I also own a 07 STI without the big wing and I have removed all the badging because I just don't like the attention that stuff draws.

OP, before criticising the STI like you did, you should have taken one for a test drive to actually see what the car is like. My friend, a die-hard Mustang fan, was VERY impressed with my car. My advice, take one on a twisty road with someone who knows how to drive it and guaranteed, you will either be scared blankless or you will have a wide smile on your face. It is an incredible car for the money.

Curb wieght on US STIs are 3250 - 3350. Rated at 300hp and ft/tq. 0 - 60 = 4.5 seconds. 1/4 = low 13's or high 12's with a very good driver. Put it on a road track and it can best far more expensive sport cars. It is not the fastest thing out there, but it is very good at what it was designed for.

Calling the car rice is just pure ignorance.

Old 08-21-2007, 02:01 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by _red rocket_
Sorry to drag this thread up from the shallow depths...
No apologies necessary.

Calling the car rice is just pure ignorance.
Amen.

Most Lightning owners have mad respect for the STi's. For some reason, the Subie's have never been considered rice. Probably because they actually deliver the goods, and most of the Subie owners I know don't add all that stupid ricer crap.

STi's seem to be owned by import tuners and not ricers. They're the real deal, not fakers.

The OP was a fool, as evidenced by his post. It was so very evident from reading his post, that I felt absolutely no need to discredit him or point out his lies.

You, being an STi owner, probably know what I'm talking about, and you most assuredly know if you have any knowledge about the Lightning.

Stewart

Old 08-21-2007, 03:20 PM
_red rocket_
Senior User
I know what to expect of the STI and what it is capable of --> aftermarket tuning and such. Unfortunately, I know vertually nothing of the Lightning's capability and that is the reason I would not comment on it. I've heard of them and that they are incredible for what they were built for. Also, you just don't see them a lot which is a big plus in my book. Kinda cool to own something on the road most other's can't have.

Most WRX/STI owners I have met are nice people. Granted, there are some WRX/STI owners that are complete tools but it seems like the numbers are low.

If you ever get the chance, go drive one, they are a blast to drive.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:12 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm not afraid to take on many Lightnings with my Roush F150. Even as a Supercrew it'll take on many, so long as they haven't heavily modified them.

The STI... its a car I respect. If they seem too willing to race, I'm not gonna be stupid about it and take them on while on the highway (though if I launch in 4x4 they can't beat my truck at a light). It'll be interesting to see how my truck stacks up after its next tuning session.

In this area STI's are a crap shoot because most of the "STI's" I've encountered seem to be WRX posers instead of the real deal. Posers are easy to spot with any make! You know, those folks who only "beat" you because you're at a red light, they are approaching fast, timing the light, gun it and do a "fly-by" at the green light. Funnest thing to do is to let them do it and then launch past them!

Welcome to FTE. Hope to see you around! No problem with bringing the thread back to life. Its a fun topic.

Quick Reply: my 2k lightning VS wrx STi (true beat down stories) V1