Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

Bring it in closer - Chapter BRANCHES, instead of regions.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 11:50 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bring it in closer - Chapter BRANCHES, instead of regions.

We've talked a lot about big states having Region A, Region B, etc.... But there is a much simpler way to do it I think. If each city or large town in a chapter is considered a branch, then you would have for example the Atoka Branch of the TN Chapter, Pheonix Branch of the AZ Chapter, Dallas Branch of the TEXAS Chapter, and so on.

Much easier to figure, and makes for much more local sub-groups. I think that's something people want real bad right now, not a huge statewide thing to try to be part of, but right down the street local groups. I'm still thinking this over, but driving cost and distance is a big deal to just about everyone. This much of this post is in general chapter discussion, but what do you all think?

Knoxville Branch, Chattanooga Branch, one for everybody. It could go by counties, but that still spreads it out a lot, even though we have tons of small counties in Tennessee.

I could see a Tipton County Branch though...

Old 11-17-2007, 05:56 AM
lariat97
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Idea. We can work on it after I get back from hunting.

Old 11-17-2007, 10:35 AM
westtntrucker
Posting Guru
Split the state into 3 regions, West (every thing west of the TN river), Central (TN river to U.S. Highway 127), East ( US127 to the Carolina border). Then if you want \, you could do sub chapters from there, say Memphis sub chptr, Jackson sub chptr. (to create a sub chapter would re3quire a membership base of at least 5 trucks) Have a sub chapter Pres. to get a group going then they report to the regional chaptr Pres. who then reports to the Grand Pubah Lariet97.

Old 11-17-2007, 10:48 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I'd make it about three trucks.

Old 11-22-2007, 09:27 AM
lariat97
Post Fiend
We usually get about 4 to 5 trucks to show in Memphis. We could get those members as our Memphis group. Its gonna be up to the locals in the other areas to work out their groups. I'm all for this idea. Anything to get members together is a good plan.

Old 11-22-2007, 09:49 AM
tex25025
Post Fiend
For whatever reason, I think y'all have a better chance of getting people in Memphis together versus other regions of the state. I've tried 4 times now trying to get people to meet in the middle tn. area(even before the fuel prices such as they are) and I know that there are more then 5 people within easy driving distance(well atleast easy for me, but then again 30 miles one way is easy for me to do, maybe not for others) and ironically I "hear" only from people that live on the other side of the state and/or people from out of state. I think the interest for get togethers is mainly in y'alls area given my lack of responses from people that are from the mid. tn. area when I try to do get something going.

Old 11-22-2007, 10:08 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I think westtntrucker's overall scheme is the DEAL! As far as where all those branch and region leaders may come from - well: Delaware adopted the idea of having a Board of members, and lookit how well they are doing...

I think "OWNING A PIECE OF IT" is a very good idea, and has helped them a lot. Even if it might seem complicated, it opens up a lot of possibilities and takes a big load off of the CL's. In fact, the whole thing is really a lot simpler than it looks at first glance.

Last edited by Greywolf; 11-22-2007 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:57 PM
lariat97
Post Fiend
Tex25025 don't feel bad about your area. I'm in 2 Ford truck clubs & neither has ever been able to get the middle part of the state to show for G2Gs. There are plenty of members but they will not come to meets. Maples01 has tried several times to have G2Gs in the middle part of the state with very little luck.Don't give up. Its hard to get people out during the Thanksgiving & Christmas holidays. We had a huge meet in Nashville New Years day at the Bass Pro just a few yrs back. We had about 50 trucks from 8 or 10 states.I don't mind the trip to Nashville for a G2G. It might be a good time to plan another one for New Years day. Lots of people go to Nashville for New Years eve. Maybe you can get them to have a FTE New Years party.

Old 11-23-2007, 04:46 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
That's true, its just a little disconcerting when the only people you hear from that are interested are either willing to come 3 hrs away or are totally out of state. I was actually just suggesting that as a possibility, I welcome other idea or shoot anything that expressed any type of interest. Holidays sure are a hard time to do it, but I know quite a few people do travel to this area for christmas type stuff, so I thought it might be a little easier, but I guess not.

Old 11-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I say begin laying the groundwork now for meets during warmer weather.

I have no choice now about leaving my pup outside - I just won't leave him out there after dark, fur or no fur. Winter is officially here, I saw frozen birdbaths today. Rufuss is sleeping on the carpet behind me right now, he's a good boy!

Old 11-23-2007, 06:21 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Greywolf
I say begin laying the groundwork now for meets during warmer weather.
Ironically warmer weather is when I'm gone most of the time for horse shows, beginning the 3rd week of march(which this far up north is still pretty cold at times) is when I start traveling. For me it's actually easier to do it during the colder months(weird, what can I say).

Old 11-23-2007, 06:24 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Who says a meet can't be part of a "Horse Show"

In fact - that would be an excellent idea, as I think on it.....

Announce it as "BIG TRUCKS, and WILD PONIES"

Eh???? Why not....

Tell people where you are going, give a snapshot of your rig, and invite everyone to be there. JUST DO IT!

Devil take the hindmost....

What you are doing is exactly the kind of a thing a lot of us from FTE love, I wish you had invited a meet at a horse show before now.

Last edited by Greywolf; 11-23-2007 at 06:30 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:19 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Greywolf
What you are doing is exactly the kind of a thing a lot of us from FTE love, I wish you had invited a meet at a horse show before now.
Now that is an idea, if y'all can handle cowboy mounted shooting then I can look when they have a finalized schedule of shows(usually by the end of jan.) and post a few and see what people can do. I tip my hat to you sir.

Old 11-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I think that would be WONDERFUL - and open up a whole new horizon of FTE experience

YEAH BUDDY! GO for it....

Sometimes we underestimate just how interesting what we do everyday is to the rest of us - and I think we should explore that too.

Last edited by Greywolf; 11-23-2007 at 07:30 PM.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:37 AM
lariat97
Post Fiend
I'd go to a horse show /FTE G2G. I enjoy meeting new members enough to drive to Nashville & I have several times in the past.Its not a bad drive from Memphis IMHO. Post up your show schedule for next yr. I'll try to make one if there is anyway I can. You must be doing the cowboy shooting contest. We have a section at my gun club that is all cowboy shooters. I enjoy watching them compete. Plus don't give upon a meet around New Yrs day in Nashville. There may be several FTE members in town that day.

Quick Reply: Bring it in closer - Chapter BRANCHES, instead of regions.