Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Best Place to get a burrito (Mexican Food)

Old 12-12-2007, 07:17 PM
shawntxt
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
carambas here in phx is real good and the price is right.alfonsos in kingman is great but the place is always a mess.the shrimp barrito is the best ive ever had!

Old 12-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Shrimp Burrito?

That's a new idea to me, what's in it besides shrimp?

Fish tacos and burritos used to be my rave.....

Fish tacos had cabbage in them, with tomatos and a sauce.

Last edited by Greywolf; 12-12-2007 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:54 PM
cmpd1781
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Alright....As a great lover of Mexican food (or what is actually Tex-Mex.....or American-Mex).......

What in the heck is the difference between a burrito, a fajita, and an enchilada.....An ignorant man might just look and see 3 entree's.....each a concoction of different foods wrapped up in a tortilla........

Figure one of you Arizona boys might know......

Old 12-12-2007, 09:55 PM
cmpd1781
Post Fiend
Now I'm GUESSING that the burrito is the big-daddy of the 3.......It has more crap stuffed inside......But I'm just guessing, of course......

Old 12-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Enchiladas are a meat dish served inside of a corn paste shell formed by shaping it inside a corn leaf, and baking it - with a nice red sauce.
*likkezz lippezz*

A Burrito is a wrap, around a stuffing of choice, and there are many things that can be put in there - but the traditional ones are tried and true - and superb! Delisciouso...

FAJITA is another thing entirely.

it is served as a plate with meat and vegetables (all cooked and spiced) and a side of tortillas made ready by heating just right - so that you can roll whatever you want from the meats and veggies before you up in them. It is a do it yourself burrito venu....

Make it what you want!

I hope this helps. I also hope it makes you hungry!

One of the best ways to heat up tortillas at home in a microwave is with two paper plates (platas).

Put some tortillas on a plate, put another plate on top upside down, and hit it for about ten ot twenty seconds.

Let it sit for a minute....

What comes out is rollable.....

Last edited by Greywolf; 12-12-2007 at 10:13 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:13 PM
cmpd1781
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Greywolf
I hope this helps. I also hope it makes you hungry!
Always!

Old 12-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
The best place to get fine food is at home - if you know how!

*winkezzz*

Old 12-13-2007, 05:29 AM
MnBoomer
Junior User
Christina's Cafe/Cactus Bar in Salome makes all their Mexican food with shredded beef. The chimichangas are to die for. And I always take home a pint of their homemade salsa.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:14 AM
shawntxt
Senior User
Shrimp Burrito?

That's a new idea to me, what's in it besides shrimp?

Fish tacos and burritos used to be my rave.....

Fish tacos had cabbage in them, with tomatos and a sauce.
well shrimp of corse,they also put peppers, onions,tamotos,chillis,rice and a red sauce thats a little hot- i have no idea what is in that though.they also use medium shrimp so you can see it was cleaned before cooking.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:33 PM
cmpd1781
Post Fiend
The best place to get fine food is at home - if you know how!

*winkezzz*
LOTS of truth to that........

Fresh salsa from the garden as a base....(diced jalapenos, tomatos, onions, habaneros (sparingly), serranos, cilantro, sea-salt, lime).........

I made some fantastic wraps using the above.....and leftover pork butt, shredded and re-heated in a cast-iron skillet with a little oil and some seasonings.........Toss some of that, the salsa, and a little cheddar cheese in the wrap, and voila'!.......

Now what would you call THOSE?.......(burritos?.....enchiladas?.....fajita s?.....)....I didn't add rice or beans.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:55 PM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Somebody should open one and name it "BertoBerto's" There is a place down near the railroad office on Van Buren and 19th ave or so.....? Dunno the name but it is gooooooooood! 24hrs a day! YUM.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:40 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Funniest name I ever saw was "JACKBERTOS"

Old 12-15-2007, 09:24 PM
Aztrainer
Posting Guru
In Bisbee/Naco area there was a place called

Betto Burritos, The sad thing was that it was not that good.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:42 AM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I haven't been down to the AZ forum much since I moved to PA and when I do come back, you guys are all talkin' about Mexican food. That's one of the major things I miss about AZ, the varieties of Mexican food available on every corner (I lived in Gilbert for almost 30 years). I used to hit up the Filiberto's on the corner of Baseline and Gilbert just about every weekend, carne asada burrito is the best! Man that was a good 'rito...

Anyways, be thankful you guys have so much variety available to you, Taco Bell and Chipotle are about the extent of our mexican out here in Pittsburgh. There's a couple of small mom and pop places that I've tried, but they just don't cut it... I need to come back home for a visit soon!

Old 12-16-2007, 09:24 AM
AZAV8
More Turbo
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
For good tasting, inexpensive Mexican food in Tempe, Gilbert or Chandler try Someburros. Locally owned with 3 restaurants. Mill Avenue & Baseline, Southeast corner. Baseline & Stapley/Cooper in Gilbert, just East of Stapley on the right. And down near Chandler Fashion Center at the 101 Freeway and Chandler Blvd. I haven't been to the one in Chandler so I don't know exactly where it is.

Or if you want really good food you can go to El Charro at Country Club Dr. and 1st Street in Mesa. They've been in Mesa maybe 50 years or more. I've been eating there for almost 40 years. Northeast corner, closed on Tuesdays and for the month of August and Labor Day weekend.

These guys are both Sonoran style Mexican food. If you want Mexico City style food go to La Parilla Suisa. They started in Tucson and now have restaurants in the Phoenix area with one at Stapley and the US60 freeway on the West side of Stapley, South of US60. Still owned and operated by the same family.

Go to the locally owned and operated places. Those franchised places sell.....Well let's just say its not Mexican food and its not even a "reasonable facsimile thereof".

The good place in Phoenix died because of the light rail construction. Jordan's on Central in Uptown near Thomas. Good food but its gone now.

Phil

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best Place to get a burrito (Mexican Food)