6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

10k Oil Change?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 01:53 PM
blue ghost
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What part of "To help you select do you not understand"? Have you ever had a thought of your own in your life. At no time have I tried to convince anyone to use Amsoil. I really don't care what anyone uses. I have just related my experience. I really don't understand why you are so involved in this since you don't have a 6.4. I can only conclude you just don't like me because every time I post you want to put me down. Just so you know, I don't like anyone who thinks their opinion is the only one thats right.

Old 11-13-2007, 02:08 PM
blackhat620
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by blue ghost
What part of "To help you select do you not understand"? Have you ever had a thought of your own in your life. At no time have I tried to convince anyone to use Amsoil. I really don't care what anyone uses. I have just related my experience. I really don't understand why you are so involved in this since you don't have a 6.4. I can only conclude you just don't like me because every time I post you want to put me down. Just so you know, I don't like anyone who thinks their opinion is the only one thats right.
You cannont pick and choose partial sentences from within a sentence & multiple paragraphs to factually support your false claims. You must take the sentences and paragraphs as a whole. The FMC Warranty manual and Owners manuals constitute a contract between the owner of the vehicle and FMC.

Go back and read your multiple posts on oil and amsoil in the links i have previously provided in this thread. You clearly cheerlead and push Amsoil on anyone who will listen.

What does owning a 6.4 have to do with being able to read both the FMC manuals and the API documentation and post the factual information and verifiable links?

Actually it has nothing to do about wether i like you or not, i personally have nothing against you. It has everything to do about stopping the spread of inacurrate information. I am not posting opinion, i have posted the facts with verifiable links to the information. If you choose not to like me that is your choice.

Again i will ask you to please post verifiable facts and links to support the "opinions" you have posted in this thread and the other recent oil threads.

Old 11-13-2007, 02:43 PM
blue ghost
Junior User
Originally Posted by blackhat620
You cannont pick and choose partial sentences from within a sentence & multiple paragraphs to factually support your false claims. You must take the sentences and paragraphs as a whole. The FMC Warranty manual and Owners manuals constitute a contract between the owner of the vehicle and FMC.

Go back and read your multiple posts on oil and amsoil in the links i have previously provided in this thread. You clearly cheerlead and push Amsoil on anyone who will listen.

What does owning a 6.4 have to do with being able to read both the FMC manuals and the API documentation and post the factual information and verifiable links?

Actually it has nothing to do about wether i like you or not, i personally have nothing against you. It has everything to do about stopping the spread of inacurrate information. I am not posting opinion, i have posted the facts with verifiable links to the information. If you choose not to like me that is your choice.

Again i will ask you to please post verifiable facts and links to support the "opinions" you have posted in this thread and the other recent oil threads.
You still have not offered one thing that supports your claim that Ford requires API cert. oil even with you're multiple links. Maybe you should get someone to help you understand the English Language. I make no claims for Amsoil other than I have had good luck with it and my oil samples come back good. Now, if you want the last word, i will give you the chance. I will not respond to your crap anymore.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:00 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 410 Likes on 272 Posts
You still have not offered one thing that supports your claim that Ford requires API cert. oil even with you're multiple links. Maybe you should get someone to help you understand the English Language. I make no claims for Amsoil other than I have had good luck with it and my oil samples come back good. Now, if you want the last word, i will give you the chance. I will not respond to your crap anymore.
Yup, ol' blackhat sure can spew some factual crap, that's for sure... So if I have this correct, you're saying that the words "conforming to Ford
specification WSS-M2C171–E or API service categories CJ-4 or CJ-4/SM", the operative word being "conforming", doesn't mean the same as "requires", which I admit, is an interpretation of "conforming to".

Kind'a like conforming to the law doesn't mean law abiding?

I guess I still don't get where you're coming from on this. Use amsoil, be a non-conformist. Whatever...

Old 11-13-2007, 03:03 PM
SANDDEMON08
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by fordfish
I believe the 6.4 ,under normal use, is a 10K mile oil change interval, personally I've used Rotella and Amsoil, amsoil beacause I am too busy to worry about Oil Changes- It's a 25K 1 time a year change. Look up Amsoil I'm sure all your Q's will be answered.
WOW, i hope you realy dont believe all that you read!

Old 11-13-2007, 03:10 PM
blackhat620
Postmaster
Obviously you cannot or will not read the information posted in the links to both the FMC manuals and API website. The only one spewing crap my friend is you, as it appears you are the only one here having trouble reading and comprehending the facts. You have failed to provided a single link to factual information to back up your mis-information and false claims of FMC requirements, API requirements or engine oil in general.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:10 PM
SANDDEMON08
Posting Guru

I'm with Blackhat on this, alot of people come here for usefull information, not to be misled.

Old 11-13-2007, 04:16 PM
cHiLi 11
Senior User
WOW...... I am still confused, when I have time I need to read more. Being a police officer workin 60 hours a week for the city of Los Angeles doesnt give me a whole lot of free time here. During the day I am trying to sleep.

I hit 10k in less than 200 miles, I dont want to hastle with the dealer and prefer to go back to Xpress Lube. Will the Havoline H15/40 be ok to use or would you ask them to put something else in. If not give me an exact oil that I can purchase from them. Please just a simple yes or no, thanks.

Nick

Old 11-13-2007, 04:32 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
I just went out and checked at havoline.com and didn't see any 15w 40 that they listed, let alone one with an API CJ-4 rating. Is that what they put in last time (15w 40 Havoline) at the ExpressLube?

You want the CJ-4 rating to make sure the oil is compatible with your emissions systems for one thing...

Old 11-13-2007, 04:36 PM
RangerEdgeO2
Senior User
Originally Posted by cHiLi 11
WOW...... I am still confused, when I have time I need to read more. Being a police officer workin 60 hours a week for the city of Los Angeles doesnt give me a whole lot of free time here. During the day I am trying to sleep.

I hit 10k in less than 200 miles, I dont want to hastle with the dealer and prefer to go back to Xpress Lube. Will the Havoline H15/40 be ok to use or would you ask them to put something else in. If not give me an exact oil that I can purchase from them. Please just a simple yes or no, thanks.

Nick
You can use any oil that is API certified and has a CJ-4 rating. The only two oil I know of that are CJ-4 AND API certified are Motorcraft and Mobil 1 (I don't know if the Mobil 1 is 100% synthetic though).

I don't know how the weather is in your area so check your owners manual/diesel supplement It has a chart with all the different viscosities and what outside temps to use them in. I believe 5w40 can be used all season from 0 degrees F up to over 100. 15w40 only during summer months (unless you live in Florida where it doesn't get below 50 degrees F during winter).

Your owners manual/diesel supplement will also tell you what oil with what specifications to use.

Old 11-13-2007, 04:41 PM
blackhat620
Postmaster
Originally Posted by cHiLi 11

Nick
I cannot find any information on API about a Havoline Diesel oil that is CJ-4 certified & licensed. Texaco purchased Havoline in 2000 and then Chevron purchased Texaco. I have looked on both the Chevron and Texaco websites in addition to the Havoline website and i cannot find a CJ-4 Havoline oil.

I would have the Xpress Lube place show you the container with the API CJ-4 Certification Donut. If they cannot do this then go somewhere that has Chevron Delo 15W-40, Mobil Delvac 15W-40 or Rotella 15W-40 or Motorcraft 15W-40 as all of these are available in API CJ-4 certified oils which are needed for the emissions systems on your truck. These are dino oils and will be just fine for your area.

And thank you for putting your life on the line everyday to keep the citizens safe.

Old 11-13-2007, 04:45 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Sorry I can't be of more help -- looking at the Texaco web site there's a picture of a container of oil with a car in the background and you can read the label that says 15w 40, but heck if I can find more info on it. Texaco brands are owned by Chevron which did get it's Delo 400 LE 15w 40 oil CJ-4 certified. They likely did the same with the equivalent Havoline/Texaco branded oil, but it's worth asking when you go in. You live in LA and a 15w 40 will be fine for your climate year round...

Old 11-13-2007, 05:07 PM
fordfish
Senior User
Originally Posted by blackhat620
This is pure BS. If you are going to run extended OCI, you must install a bypass oil filtration system and run UOA, then change the oil based on the UOA.
Oh really, look in your 6.4 manual, please tell me you have one before calling BS on me, I'll site page and paragraph if you need help.

I'll double check this but I've read it several times already.

It seems alot of your post are pissing on others,,,,that's helpful.

Old 11-13-2007, 05:09 PM
fordfish
Senior User
Originally Posted by SANDDEMON08
WOW, i hope you realy dont believe all that you read!
what is it you don't believe?

Old 11-13-2007, 05:24 PM
blackhat620
Postmaster
Originally Posted by fordfish
Oh really, look in your 6.4 manual, please tell me you have one before calling BS on me, I'll site page and paragraph if you need help.

I'll double check this but I've read it several times already.

It seems alot of your post are pissing on others,,,,that's helpful.
As posted in post #15 of this thread. But i will post the info direct from the 08 PSD manual for you again. Both Dino and Synthetic oil are to be changed at the same interval per FMC. 10K "normal" driving, 5k if you are in the "special operating conditions." No place in any 08 FMC PSD manual will you find OCI of 25k miles or 1-year. This is more Amsoil BS and propaganda.

"Use the same engine oil and filter change intervals when using
synthetic engine oil."

See page 42 of the FMC 08 PSD manual
http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pub.../0860l6d3e.pdf

If someone wants to try and run extended OCI on the 6.4 it will take a quality API CJ-4 certified & Licensed oil along with a bypass filtration system and regular UOA analysis.

Quick Reply: 10k Oil Change?