Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Open Air Garage

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 10:40 PM
vanwho
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was hoping to "throw" a little paint on it today, but, with the wet weather I didn't want to take a chance and have to start over again. Primer gets expensive. Especially when you have to "rattle" can it! I bought a gun cheap from Harbor Freight about a month ago. Need a compressor and a hose, and a garage, and................... The list gets bigger.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:04 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you have room, get one of those temporary garages. You can get them from Northern Tool for around $200 that will fit your truck to use as a spray booth. Rent a gas powered compressor for the weekend and let her rip!

Old 07-05-2008, 11:28 PM
vanwho
Senior User
Hey, didn't know about "portable" garage. Will keep it in mind. Lot more body filling and sanding to go up front. Have enough rattle cans to protect the bed work done so far, for now. Just need some sunshine................

Old 07-06-2008, 06:44 PM
vanwho
Senior User
Hey Karl! The sun came out to play about 2 PM so I went outside and got busy. Look for some added pics in my " Backyard". BTW, the neighbor across the culdesac said that he has a compressor I can borrow anytime I ready to shoot the whole truck. Compressor problem solved!

Last edited by vanwho; 07-06-2008 at 07:05 PM. Reason: more info to post
Old 07-06-2008, 09:54 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
Henry, looks good. I like the black, makes her look mean

Old 07-06-2008, 11:25 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
oh, yeah, I almost forgot, check my ranger gallery for some updates......

Old 07-07-2008, 05:50 PM
vanwho
Senior User
Thanks! I thought I would want black but wasn't sure how it would look. I was afraid that it would " show " too many imperfections.( Yea, I Know it will ) But then I got to thinking that it's not going to be a show truck so what the heck does it matter how perfect I get it? As long as I'm satisfied, I think that's all that matters. Mind you, I'll make it look the best I can in my " Backyard " garage. I just need to stop the rust invasion. BTW, Your positive comment lets me know I made a good choice. I really like the " Mean " look. And after thinking about it, I agree with you. GOOD CALL!

I'm headed for the Ranger pics now.

OK> Back from the pics. Looking good Karl. Do you think you'll make the Aug. date?

Old 07-07-2008, 08:04 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
I should be ready, barring any major problems. I just sent the money off for 2 of the last "big money" items. I need to verify the gearing in my some of my 9"ers as I need a 4.10 set , If I do, then I have all the $100+ money items. After that will be plumbing and wiring, which I can do in a few days. In other words, it will be close, but I should make it.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:03 PM
vanwho
Senior User
I would like to say that you should be far past the annoyingly expensive problems that could pop up. You've invested too much to have that happen now. Think positive like I do. From now on there should only be little things. Nothing's big enough to stop you now. Have faith. The end is near. And August will be here before you know it. You'll be ready.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:04 AM
kjett
Post Fiend
Henry,

If you are able to come up, we will be racing on August 3rd at the Fredericskburg Fair, then the following Saturday (August 9th) at Mountainview. I should have the ranger completed by the 3rd, but if not, I'll run the 150 and wil ldeffinately have the ranger running by August 9th! After that, I'll paint and letter it. I just want to get it running for now.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:21 PM
vanwho
Senior User
Thanks Karl. Message received. I'll definitely will be up for the 9th. BTW, I got my tailgate painted and Blake helped me put it back on a couple of Fridays ago. Will post pics in the Backyard asap! See you guys on the 9th!

Old 08-01-2008, 11:44 PM
vanwho
Senior User
OK. Fresh pictures posted in the "Backyard" showing the tailgate. BTW Karl, I talked with Blake last Sunday and he might be coming with me on the 9th. Will let ya'll know. See Ya on the 9th!

Old 08-04-2008, 09:57 PM
vanwho
Senior User
Update on Blake. He's on call so he won't be able to come, but, I'll be there.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:44 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
Sounds good Henry! A few of the others that you might have seen around here are coming too. Paul (CaptainP4) is coming down from Baltimore, and Kris (STGFordCrazy) is coming up from South Carolina. I'm still trying to work on Steve to come up from Virginia Beach, but not sure on him yet.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:55 AM
islandhopper03
Freshman User
Unhappy Rough Times....

Hey guys.....I'm back online at the very least. Went through some rough times...well still going through some too.

Anybody feel the want or need to help me catch up on things, projects, mud bogs, or any other notes of interest??

I still have the 94 but it is now out of commission....I switched from manifolds to headers and the guy who puthte headers and exhaust on let me know that my drivers side head was warped. I drove it anyway but very sparingly...like to the dump and back plus gas prices suck so it sits most of the time. My buddy borrowed it over the weekend to haul some stuff and it finally gave out...not sure what is wrong yet as I havent even been out back to start it up since it was towed home. I bought a new(used) set of heads for it a while back and need to find a good machine shop to get them checked out. Any suggestions??

Look forward to talking to you guys and you can email me directly at islandhopper03@yahoo.com if you like....

Later,
Roy

Quick Reply: Open Air Garage