Sponsored by: DP Tuner

ITP deal and question.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 03:26 PM
chayes01
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ITP deal and question.

Hey Ya'll I'm finally getting around to doing some of the mods I've wanted to after months of reading on this forum. ITP Diesel has a new product special on a Magnaflow 4" 409 S.S. turbo back exhaust for $350.77. I ordered it last night along with the Autoenginuity scanner with the enhanced Ford bundle. When I checked out ITP threw in an additional %10 on the Magnaflow that dropped the price to $320 for a SS exhaust! Has anyone had experience with the AE unit? Besides my PSD my wife has an Explorer and my brother has a '99 V10 and thought it would come in very handy. I've found an AE forum and am going to do some research before I get the unit but wondered if anyone has experience and can offer tips. Also I ordered some items from Dieselsite and got to looking at the high pressure crossover line and wondered if that's a worthwhile investment or "snakeoil"? (BTW, diesel hit $3.29/gal here yesterday).

ITP has the DP F5 tuner for $279 and I believe that it includes one custom tune, I'll be ready to drop in the DP after I get the items I just ordered installed. My question is who should I go through to get a recommended custom tune, ITP or Jody?

Also wanted to let everyone know that I've looked at quite a few other PSD performance forums and have not found one that can compare to FTE for experience and a willingness to help. Thanks Guys! I've learned more about my 7.3 in 3 months than I have since owning it! Wish I could hand out rep points like candy!!

Old 11-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
That AE is going to do what you need it to do for all of your Ford vehicles. You did get the enhanced Ford bundle right? I won't bore you with tips or install instructions as mine from ITP came with very simple instructions. When you get it in your hands you will see what I mean. Without it, you will pretty much wonder what I am talking about. I will say that when you datalog, the more things you select, the slower the response on the scale due to sample rates and bandwidth through the cable.

As for the DP, you can get it from either place, I don't believe there is any price difference. Make sure you have the switch included in your order. It does not come standard with the chip.

Poke around the ITP AE forum while you wait. Also, go to 7point3.com and check out Amiller's AE section. Very good info and health check parameters.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:40 PM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
ITP Diesel has a new product special on a Magnaflow 4" 409 S.S. turbo back exhaust for $350.77. I ordered it last night along with the Autoenginuity scanner with the enhanced Ford bundle. When I checked out ITP threw in an additional %10 on the Magnaflow that dropped the price to $320 for a SS exhaust!
Nice find! Dennis is a good guy and you can't go wrong ordering from him.

Has anyone had experience with the AE unit?
I have it, and there's quite a few other guys on this forum who also use AE. Ask for a scanner and just about everyone here will recommend AE, so you did good on your choice. The Ford bundle will allow you to read and scan any of your Ford vehicles that you and your family own.

Also I ordered some items from Dieselsite and got to looking at the high pressure crossover line and wondered if that's a worthwhile investment or "snakeoil"?
I currently run the SS high pressure oil crossover that Dennis at ITP sells. It's a bit more expensive than the flex hose type, but I was one of those few guys who originally bought a flexible crossover hose, and it started leaking on me. The SS one has been in my truck for a while now and does not leak. If you do go with the one from Dieselsite, you should be fine. It's rare that they leak or cause any problems.

ITP has the DP F5 tuner for $279 and I believe that it includes one custom tune, I'll be ready to drop in the DP after I get the items I just ordered installed. My question is who should I go through to get a recommended custom tune, ITP or Jody?
As far as I know they are the same tunes, so you can order from either one. Since ITP is an authorized DP-Tuner dealer, then you will have customer support from both Dennis and Jody.

Old 11-09-2007, 04:39 PM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
congrads on the Mod's..dennis is a very good guy to deal with..you will love AE..it is by far the best $$ you will spend on your truck...more so ,when she gets sick ...you can find and fix the problem with out the tow and stealer cost... Dennis has a forum for AE that is very helpfull...you can read most any car 96 and newer and with the ford bundle you can do any ford diesel as well..have fun with it..if your stuck on something with AE.. you can ask here as well..some times we can help..

Old 11-09-2007, 06:54 PM
aklim
Lead Driver

Received 241 Likes on 186 Posts
HPX depends on you. In my case, no. Why? Because I have planned for big oil. BO has a HPX itself. If you don't want to go with BO, the HPX quietens down the engine a little. Biggest improvement is the regulated return and In Tank Kit is a close second with HPX.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:43 AM
chayes01
Mountain Pass
Thanks for all the input guys, I've got so many maintenance items to do and upgrade mods that it's ging to take me a month! I think I'll order the HPX after I get the AE and do a baseline scan as well as check and clean the EBPV, AIH delete and turbo leaks as I want to see what differences any changes make. Thanks again.