New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What happened to my good times years?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 04:19 PM
Residence
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post What happened to my good times years?

I drive a 2000 F-150 4x4 S/C with the 5.4 <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

<o></o>

It has the IAC valve problem now. Will fix that tonight! (Thanks to this site)<o></o>

<o></o>

Just replaced the solenoid. The one that attaches to the firewall. <o></o>

<o></o>

I have a vacuum leak also. I fixed one only to find out my old battery leaked and caused a couple of new ones. I even have a vacuum line that I can't find a home for. It's black, and goes someplace on the passenger side between the battery and the firewall. Will find out more about this I hope. <o></o>

<o></o>

My O/D cable snapped. Somebody put an after market wireless entry system on it, and stretched that cable enough to cause it to break. My dash is off, and my g/f says my truck looks like C-3P0. I got a new lever, and couldn't really make out how to take off the ignition switch. I got the idea now after reading the forums. YaY!! I can take off work Friday to fix my truck and pre-fish for a tournament Saturday. <o></o>

<o></o>

My light switch **** broke. I went to Ford thinking...”Hey! While I'm down there..." What?!?!? $15 for a ****...okay! That's fixed now, and next time I'm just going to look at used trucks to find a ****. I did get a new shift lever for $40. It's nice and flat black. I have to remember to replace the O/D fuse. It won't work till I replace that. I have ADD. I’ll forget. I did take my Adderal this morning; I have a good 50/50 chance of remembering. <o></o>

<o></o>

This has all happened in a two week period. <o></o>

<o></o>

I also have this weird shift that is going on with my truck also. It feels like it takes a while to catch and then it shifts with a clank like slam. <o></o>

<o></o>

I still have thousands of posts to read, and I'm sure I'll find the fix to all of my problems on this site. <o></o>

<o></o>

I have to wrap this up. I am sure I will post more. I still have to ask if anybody has had a problem with Dodge owners. Going into a store to only come out 5 minuets later to find that somebody has defaced your pride and Joy. Happened to me at Home Depot. I wish I could post a pic of it. It was NASTY!<o></o>

Last edited by Residence; 11-06-2007 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:49 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,353 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Hi and welcome Residence.
Glad to hear you are getting info and getting your ride fixed up.
Sorry to hear that somebody defaced your pride and joy, hope it wasn`t too bad, still sucks though.
Drop into your local Tex chapter: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum96/ with an intro soon.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:15 PM
Half Breed
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howdy & Welcome, Wow!! sounds like a busy 2 weeks for you. Let me tell you someone defacing anothers truck no matter what the Make has nothing to do with what they're driving it has to do with low class- no class people. Glad you could join us, good folks here with lots of good info. Good luck with your pride and joy. Need any info don't bashful ask away and don't forget the search option tons of info ther also.