1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

$1400 later I drove it home

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 06:45 PM
Motrukdriver
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$1400 later I drove it home

I lost the stereo and speakers of course, ABS light is on so I probably lost the ABS module, Airbag light is on so I probably lost the Airbag sensor and no heat in the cab so I'm guessing it is the blend door actuator. It does not stink like the river anymore so that's a plus. Little Red starts up and runs like a champ so I'll keep it and fix the issues a little at a time. Don't know what happened to that full size on the other side of my truck and that other vehicle is a VW Golf. I think they scrapped it.

Attached Images  
Old 12-15-2016, 10:50 AM
Motrukdriver
Freshman User
Control Panel

Picked up a new control panel for the heat and a/c. The blower motor works and the direction selector works as well but since it was all underwater I figured its probably best to replace it. I was going to just replace the heater potentiometer but since I will have it open I figure what the heck, just replace it all. I picked this one up from eBay for fairly cheap. I'll go ahead and get a new blend door actuator. I watched a video where a fella took one apart to clean it and thought yep, mine is probably full of corrosion. Hope that fixes the no heat problem. I'll have that radio bezel off replacing the control panel so I might as well replace the stereo while I'm at it. The 12volt outlet/cigarette lighter as well.

Attached Images  
Old 12-15-2016, 12:58 PM
exranger06
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Where's the rest of the story? How did these vehicles end up in a river?

Old 12-15-2016, 02:00 PM
Motrukdriver
Freshman User
That's not a river. Its the parking lot of a fuel stop I used to park my semi when I drove (retired now). There are lines on the pavement and a number painted for my reserved parking spot. There is a small creek way in the back that rarely has water in it. Flash flood happened and I was out on the road in my big truck. Wasn't able to get home in time to move my little truck and by the time I got notified of the impending flood it was too late. All those vehicles were owned by OTR truck drivers trying to earn a buck and of course we had to spend big bucks to rescue them. I'm amazed that Little Red runs as good as he does today. This flood happened back in January so I've been nursing my truck along to get it back to decent condition. So far so good. Funny thing, the only place that didn't need drained out was the windshield washer reservoir. Every place else was full of water, transfer case, diffs, tranny, engine, radiator reservoir.. etc.

Old 12-17-2016, 01:54 PM
38Chevy454
More Turbo
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, that certainly sucks. I think you may continue to have misc electrical issues due to corrosion. I assume you took it all apart inside to dry it out the best you could? Sounds like you drained all of the fluids and replaced those for the drivetrain components. Besides the connectors, look at and clean the grounds, that can drive you crazy.

Old 12-17-2016, 03:20 PM
Motrukdriver
Freshman User
It sucked for sure. I bought Little Red brand new off the showroom floor. My son learned how to drive in that truck. Sooo, I want to keep it as long as possible. Yeah, every place you can think of to collect water was drained and I took apart what I could and put fans all over the place to vent out moisture. Had all the wheel bearings repacked etc... When I first drove it home the stereo actually worked but now it quit. It has a small pop inside if I turn it on. Front speakers were replaced years ago with polypro cones so they might have survived. Rears were the original paper cones so those are trash. Prolly replace the u-joints and shocks in a few weeks. That truck still starts right up like its brand new and the ride is still very nice. No stink is a plus as well.

Old 12-28-2016, 05:05 PM
Motrukdriver
Freshman User
Got my new blend door actuator today so when I get a chance I'll install it. I'm pretty sure that is the reason I'm not getting any heat in the cab. Everything else works, blower motor, air direction selector, heater control valve.. etc. So, I'm betting its the blend door actuator. I'll replace the hvac control panel when I take the dash apart for a new stereo maybe in a couple of weeks.