Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How To: Retreive your door code on 02+ excursions. NEW EASIER METHOD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 05:39 PM
helitom
Freshman User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just as 1 documented above, I found the correct plastic box by putting my head near the gas peddle and looking almost straight up, slightly toward the radio. My controler box was black in color and had the label with the code on the surface that faces the driver's door. Of course, the mirror shows the number upside down and backward. My number sequence was all 8's, 1's and 9's. OF course if the nines looked like sixes in the mirror. Anyway, I only took me four trys to get the key pad working.....doh! My biggest problem was determining which of the many plastic boxes under the dash was the correct one to wiggle around with a mirror. My hint to those who have to do this search is that the correct box is almost directly behind that strorage cubby hole on the dash, the one below and slighty to the left of radio. Once you find the correct box, getting the mirror up to it and reading the code was fairly easy.

The following users liked this post:
Old 01-14-2008, 12:18 AM
fordcountry
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice write up... Love this site.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:55 PM
One Bad Seed
New User
nice work i didnt know to put pic on here or i would did that also

Old 05-11-2009, 10:32 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Earlier Ex code # retrieval

How about the 2,000 and the 01' ? I read most of the long thread on the codes for the door and the common concensus is that they don't have the # on them anywhere.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:53 AM
TeamMudd
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this / these threads have been great for the door code. just a side note, the dealer up the road from where i work charges $35 to retrieve the code and test the code. BUT if the code has been changed it's an extra $35 to have the code RESET to either your numbers or a factory chosen combonation.

now with that being said, and having a few extra minutes at work, took a lighted mirror (thanks to the mac tool dealer) and poked that mirror up behind the radio and there they were. wrote them down, tried them and they worked......... then gave the mirror back to the mac dealer, hahaha!

i tried the flash light and mirror but the light was always at the wrong angle, and there is a big ol fatty of a wiring harness RIGHT IN FRONT of the decal. the mirror had 4 little LEDs on it, and lit up EVERYTHING under there, great for viewing.

thanks again for the great info.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:15 AM
GreenExcursion
Freshman User
Did something similar for mine a while back.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:31 PM
Din
Senior User
Just did this today on a 04 X, I didnt have a mirror but I used an old CD. The hardest part is trying to get my arm and hands in there..

Old 03-17-2010, 04:05 PM
OutlawNomad
Senior User
I will definitely be doing this tomorrow, thanks for the wright up props given

Old 03-18-2010, 02:51 AM
BigRy
Elder User
This is basically the same info on the other three threads, but I will say the picture posted is probably the best one yet as far as reference goes. I was going to do the door code trick, But ended up finding the code number with a flashlight and mirror on my 05.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:21 PM
OutlawNomad
Senior User
Haha I just tried this & it works. If your closterphobic this will be interesting & if you have big hand it's a blast too but IT WORKED!!! props given!! Thanks

Old 03-18-2010, 09:06 PM
Petrol
Elder User
I guess sooner or later I'll get around to seeing if this works on my '07

Old 03-19-2010, 12:50 AM
FICMrepair.com
Former Vendor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just found the code on my 05 Ex PSD, like others, behind the radio. Without this forum, there is NO WAY I would have known to look there.

While a black box in the location indicated in this original post that indeed had a sticker on it existed, that sticker did not have the code (the sticker was located on top of the module and was viewable with a mirror - it identified the box as the PATS SCP Control Module).

To access the code if the original location doesn't work for you, just remove two items - the garbage bag holder (two 9/32 bolts in the face of the panel at the bottom edge) and the cup holder (four 9/32 bolts, two in front, two under, all of which become accessible when the cup holder is extended). After you do this, the module with the code printed on top is viewable after you move some of the white insulation fabric out of the way. The module has three molex connectors running to the front edge of it. The code is on the left edge of the sticker.

The yardstick measured it at 14" from the face of the dash when angled about 20 degrees to the left and on the same vertical plane as the top edge of the cup holder. I couldn't get my arm in there to move the insulation away so ended up using the yard stick for this purpose.

...and there was much rejoicing.

Old 03-19-2010, 02:08 AM
BigRy
Elder User
There has to be a difference, because I removed my radio, my cup holder and the trash bag hook. And I could not locate the black box. I actually went underneath the dash and had to pull the insulation away to see the numbers with a small mirror backwards. And my truck is an 05, And when i did find it, I can see why I could not see the black box at all. It was more tucked behind the AC controls between the ducting for the floor vents and the controller.

Old 03-21-2010, 10:23 AM
fomoco32
Freshman User
found box, no number

Went out to 2000 ex and drop the lower cover found the box in 2 seconds, got the mirror and light and all I found was a part no. and part name no number for door pad.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:58 AM
OutlawNomad
Senior User
Originally Posted by fomoco32
Went out to 2000 ex and drop the lower cover found the box in 2 seconds, got the mirror and light and all I found was a part no. and part name no number for door pad.
I think that this only works on 02, 03, 04 & 05 Ex's as the OP stated.
Have you tried the 300 number code sheet yet? That has worked for a lot of Ex owners here.

Quick Reply: How To: Retreive your door code on 02+ excursions. NEW EASIER METHOD!!!