Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

iowaspeedway drag race and show and shine

Old 10-18-2007, 09:16 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
iowaspeedway drag race and show and shine

This weekend on sunday 10-21 the Iowa speedway is having a car show and shine, and drag race (last one for the year) and a drive the track deal too. YOu can check it out on thier site http://www.iowaspeedway.com/
Anyway is anyone else able to make it up, I usually run the F250 up there. It is test and tune type racing, just run what ya brung and have some fun never know who or what your going to line up against but have a good time anyway.
I am hoping to have the Ranger up there this time if I can get everything done before sunday, should be able to got the slicks and getting the tubes in the morning. Already got some street tires on the front, and mostly cleaned up and ready to go so could be fun.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:11 PM
IABill
More Turbo
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Monster, Spoke with Dave Blankship today they will be running any diesel pickups that want to run. Dave said lots of 6.0's & 6.6's. Not sure i want to risk barfing the 4R100 in mine if it would hook up! I don't work for AAMCO any more so I am a bit chicken. But if it stays sunny I might make it over to watch!!!

Old 10-19-2007, 11:54 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

I have been running my diesel all year, with a dptuner on 140hp and stock trans. I will probably be running it again sunday, but just got done mounting the slicks on the ranger and it's cleaned up and should be ready to run too. So bring your diesel and have fun. run it in 4x4 no tire spin that way and you will be shocked at the cars you will beat trust me.

Do have to say the ranger looks reall funny to me with those little 235/75 passenger car tires on the front lol

Old 10-20-2007, 07:12 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll bet that is quite the sight... Not likely for me to make it down, still running crazy around here, but making progress...

Old 10-22-2007, 12:40 PM
IABill
More Turbo
Wink

Monster did ya go? after having two of the three kid's birthday partys at racetracks this summer she shut me down comming to Newton Sunday .
If anybody went let us know how it was.
I heard on the news the turnout was big .

Old 10-22-2007, 01:21 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Yeah I went but the Ranger didn't. I got it ready sat except couldn't get it to hook up with the slicks on pavement, could spin them at will in third gear at any speed. But was going to take it up anyway and have some fun went to load it sunday and the starter gave up the ghost so just took the F250 and went.
Which station had it on the news? one of my races with the diesel they had someone with a big vid cam filming it, would love to see that if they have it somewhere.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:07 PM
IABill
More Turbo
Don't know who was there shooting video but Lou Sipolt from KGGO there, he was talking about it Monday morning.......

Old 10-22-2007, 10:14 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Oh yeah I talked to Lou, my nieghbor knows him from racing up at the fair grounds.

Search this Thread