Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

NOV GTG 2007 poll

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 06:49 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
Yeah...folks drive without regard to dropping temps...when there is moisture on the roads...watch out. Hope no one is seriously hurt...glass...rubber...steel...easy to replace...body parts not so easy!!!

I heard on the scanner that they were looking for life flight but they were grounded because of the weather.

Old 11-17-2007, 11:46 AM
Towmanjbo
Cargo Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Turn left at the light!!!
Look kids Big Ben, Parliment! I can't turn right!!!

Old 11-17-2007, 11:54 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,065 Likes on 4,165 Posts
Originally Posted by Towmanjbo
Look kids Big Ben, Parliment! I can't turn right!!!
That's right...Justin...sometimes known as Einstein... ...that's why I said turn left!!!

Old 11-17-2007, 04:59 PM
Towmanjbo
Cargo Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It dosen't look like I'm gonna be able to make it. I have to finish putting my front end together on my truck. I thought I'd have it finished today but I ran out of daylight.

Old 11-17-2007, 05:26 PM
BIGKEN
Maybe next time...watch the threads for an announcement!!!

Old 11-18-2007, 04:09 PM
Nitramjr
Postmaster

It was great to meet you all today. Sorry I couldn't stick around longer and go to the museum.

See you next time.

Ray

Old 11-18-2007, 05:10 PM
BIGKEN
Originally Posted by Nitramjr
It was great to meet you all today. Sorry I couldn't stick around longer and go to the museum.

See you next time.

Ray
Ray...it was good to finally meet you and put a face to the posts...I've enjoyed your posts...well...most of them... ...for some time now. Too bad you couldn't stay for the museum...it was absolutely fascinating!!! I highly recommend it to anyone...very family friendly...incredible displays...reportedly $80 million worth of items.

It was also good to meet another to the GTGs...KenB...gray91...he came directly from an overnite shift to attend the GTG...good thing he didn't have to drive!!!

Always great to see the regulars...Big Don and his family...especially the grand son...damn he's going to be a lady killer...Chapter Leader sglaine...his bride Cathy...who made some delicious pumpkin pies for the occasion...and daughter Squeaky...who I might add...was much better behaved than her dad!!! Also great to see Mike...Trusty...not thirsty...Rusty. Sean took lots of pics and I'm sure he will post them asap.

We're going to skip December...we'll let Santa Claus bask in his limelight. Hope to come back strong in January with something that will draw a strong turnout. Start saving your money for fuel...it's going up...as if you didn't already know that!!!

Old 11-18-2007, 05:55 PM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
Ray...it was good to finally meet you and put a face to the posts...I've enjoyed your posts...well...most of them... ...for some time now. Too bad you couldn't stay for the museum...it was absolutely fascinating!!! I highly recommend it to anyone...very family friendly...incredible displays...reportedly $80 million worth of items.

It was also good to meet another to the GTGs...KenB...gray91...he came directly from an overnite shift to attend the GTG...good thing he didn't have to drive!!!

Always great to see the regulars...Big Don and his family...especially the grand son...damn he's going to be a lady killer...Chapter Leader sglaine...his bride Cathy...who made some delicious pumpkin pies for the occasion...and daughter Squeaky...who I might add...was much better behaved than her dad!!! Also great to see Mike...Trusty...not thirsty...Rusty. Sean took lots of pics and I'm sure he will post them asap.

We're going to skip December...we'll let Santa Claus bask in his limelight. Hope to come back strong in January with something that will draw a strong turnout. Start saving your money for fuel...it's going up...as if you didn't already know that!!!
It was great to meet the new guys..

See we don't bite...

Hopefully Cathy can keep Sean in check next time...

As far as the Pumpkin pie I just had a piece and it hit the spot.

We need to get a great event going for January to bring back some of the long lost souls..

Old 11-18-2007, 11:19 PM
gray91
Elder User
great time

...We're going to skip December...we'll let Santa Claus bask in his limelight. Hope to come back strong in January with something that will draw a strong turnout. Start saving your money for fuel...it's going up...as if you didn't already know that!!!
Well if it gets much higher, everyone just ride bicycles to the event and bring pictures of their wonderful trucks.

I enjoyed the GTG and the museum.

Finally got some sleep. Fell asleep on the Patriots... They are boring. I miss the great days of Steve Grogan, Tony Eason and when winning a game was an unusual and celebratory event. Same with the erstwhile Dead Sox

Thanks again for the ride and the pizza and the admission discount. (As if Blondie at the desk didn't know we were a group

---Sean, I know they say pies are better the day they're made but this "raffle" pie is reserved for Thanksgiving. I'm sure it will be outstanding, but will give you actual feedback once everyone has some.

---Ken, does the guy who couldn't make it really belong to a Ford Contour/Mercury Mistake club? Or was that just a dose of BigKen hot air? If so, I forgot which one he was.. want to PM him with a Ford Contour question.

Kb

Old 11-19-2007, 08:15 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by gray91
Well if it gets much higher, everyone just ride bicycles to the event and bring pictures of their wonderful trucks.

I enjoyed the GTG and the museum.

Finally got some sleep. Fell asleep on the Patriots... They are boring. I miss the great days of Steve Grogan, Tony Eason and when winning a game was an unusual and celebratory event. Same with the erstwhile Dead Sox

Thanks again for the ride and the pizza and the admission discount. (As if Blondie at the desk didn't know we were a group

---Sean, I know they say pies are better the day they're made but this "raffle" pie is reserved for Thanksgiving. I'm sure it will be outstanding, but will give you actual feedback once everyone has some.

---Ken, does the guy who couldn't make it really belong to a Ford Contour/Mercury Mistake club? Or was that just a dose of BigKen hot air? If so, I forgot which one he was.. want to PM him with a Ford Contour question.

Kb

Thank's for coming and it was great having you..And yes there are a couple that are members that belong to Ford Contour/Mercury Mistake club?

Old 11-19-2007, 08:27 AM
NHTriton
Junior User
Originally Posted by gray91
That'd be Mike (mlafortu) and I.
pm away, or just surf on over to contour.org

Old 11-19-2007, 03:22 PM
gray91
Elder User
quick question for ya

SORRY ALL, THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A "PM" BUT HIT WRONG BUTTON/DON'T KNOW HOW TO DELETE, ONLY EDIT MISTAKE POSTS

Originally Posted by NHTriton
That'd be Mike (mlafortu) and I.
pm away, or just surf on over to contour.org
Hey thanks for the quick reply. BigKen mentioned you guys and why you couldn't come along, but I forgot to make note of who was which.

Anyway got a 99 Contour LE last year for my wife to drive because she prefers an automatic. Aside from the fact that it has been a royal pain up until last Spring, I was wondering if you or anyone you know has done any exhaust work on one of those.

I posted on the regular FTE site in "other automotive" but didn't hear from anyone who has worked on one of those. I'm replacing just about the whole exhaust and ran into a snag at the flange where the header pipe is attached to the midpipe.

I had to cut those two bolts because they were so rusted the nuts were mostly gone. Now can't get those bolts out of the front of the flange.

The header pipe (with that flex segment) is single unit with the cat which bolts directly to the manifold so taking that down to get this done as bench work is not a direction I want to go in.

Are those things studs or just incredibly seized bolts?
Right now looks like I'm going to have to drill them out, but first checking to see if you or anyone out there has dealt with this and has a better idea.

Oh yeah, since this is a one piece unit with the cat and has that flex pipe in the middle I so far avoided wailing on those bolts with a hammer. If I wreck that flex segment I'm stuck replacing everything... Quite expensive and then have to face detaching the cat from the manifold. Not m idea of a good time. Not to mention in MA, 1995 and later have to have California cats which are not available anywhere except a dealer. Can't substitute a Federal cat like I did on my 95 Toyota because they do emissions checking with OBD II computer down here and a non-California cat will likely trip the Check Engine light. Bad.

Thanks for any help or suggestions

Ken B.

Last edited by gray91; 11-19-2007 at 03:30 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:23 PM
gray91
Elder User
Sorry about the above post. I thought it was a PM until I saw too late tat it was a post. Fortunately the Nov GTG thread is done anyway. Next time I'll ake sure questions are PMs.