Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

October Race Schedule!

Old 09-25-2007, 03:19 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
October Race Schedule!

All righty then!! We had a good month last month, and a special thanks to Henry, Morgan, and the rest of they gang for helping Nick and I out with the messy and fast tire changes!!! I promise that next year won't be this hard!!! Now, for the big info, out next race is on October 6th at Virginia Motor Speedway (www.vamotorspeedway.com). Click on the Run a Muck link on the main page for info. There will be some good stuff and will be fun to watch as this is not a normal pit!! There is actually a hill in the middle that people get air as they use it as a launch ramp. Last year, I know I took it a little easy as I drove in and out of the track. This year, I have the trailer and the diesel, so anything goes as I will be driving the thing WFO.

I hope to see everyone there as this will be a great race event.....

Old 09-26-2007, 09:09 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just past glouster? Not bad! Not bad at all. . .I got it marked on my calendar

Old 10-01-2007, 03:45 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
Getting close.... Steve, Henry, you guys gonna make it???

Old 10-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Don't see why I can't

I'll see yah on saturday

Old 10-02-2007, 06:31 PM
vanwho
Senior User
Originally Posted by kjett
Getting close.... Steve, Henry, you guys gonna make it???
I'll be there. No Blake. Just me. I have a picture that I'm planning to get Mr. Anderson to autograph if I can get in line. Sheila, my great nephew Andrew's mom, took it. It's a picture of Andrew sitting inside Grave Digger at their store/museum there in NC. Hopefully I'll be able to get the autograph between runs. Anyway, that's my plan. Will get it framed for him for Xmas present. See ya'll there. I'll be rolling in around 9:30 or so.
BTW, is there access to the pit side like there is at Mountain View, or will I have to park with you all? Will check the board Thursday evening for your reply. Henry

Old 10-02-2007, 06:45 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
Yeah, you can get in to the pit area. If you get there early enough, they actually allow you to park near the bleachers/spectator area which is right in front of the pit area. That would probably be the beast area to park anyways, but you are always more than welcome to come back and park with us, it just may be a little difficult getting out when you have to leave as they pack us in there fairly tight.

As for Dennis Anderson, last year he walked around and was always available to talk and sign autographs. He acted like a normal guy and people really didn't crowd him much.Not sure if this year would be any different, so your present should be no problems.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:49 PM
broncosoldier
Junior User
hey karl dont now if im gonna be able to make it on sat. they are tryin to put me on some detail for the army ten miler. im fightin it though. if i do come ill have to be at work sometime sunday morning, so im not sure how its gonna work out. i should find out today or tomorrow.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:25 PM
vanwho
Senior User
Karl, I have some great news for you. Check you PM. I'm gonna shoot it to you.

edit: I think it went thru?! Let me know if it didn't.

Last edited by vanwho; 10-03-2007 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:53 AM
kjett
Post Fiend
Henry, got the PM. Outstanding news!! I've been re-thinking the BII issue, and have started back looking for a Ranger, so if the body isn't too rough, that may be a better deal, especially with the extended cab (read: more room for cage) and long bed (read: makes it easier to cut to match wheel base). I'll talk to you on Saturday about more info. Thanks for looking out for us!!

Morgan, tell that dude to iron his own underwear, and that you've got a race of your own to be at!!!! As for Sunday morning, we are coming back Saturday night, so worst case, I can bring you back up to base if need be.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:17 AM
broncosoldier
Junior User
just got some great news. the boss was ticked that they put me on a detail, so he gave it to someone else. so im good for Sat. im still waiting on the time i gotta be at work on sunday though.

Old 10-05-2007, 03:48 PM
vanwho
Senior User
Bad news fella's. I've got to work tomorrow so no mudd'n for me.

Oh well, lets look at the bright side. Even though I can't come tomorrow I'll be making some parts money for the old girl. Gotta do what ya gotta do I guess.

Karl, I"m planning to get with Dewey at bowling Wed. night and see if I can go over to his house next Saturday. If it's ok, I'll take our digital camera and take some pics of his Ranger and post them so you can see just how "rough" it is.

Karl, Nick, good luck tomorrow at the bog, and pop a top on a cold one for me.

Old 10-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
What time is everyone planing on showing up? I'ma bring my digital camera again, yall need me to bring any snacks/drinks/food?

Sucks to hear Henry, but parts money is always a good thing

Old 10-05-2007, 06:28 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
Steve,

We should be there around 9-10 am. Probably not gonna bring the grill this time, but I will be bringing bread and sandwich meat for lunches. This venure is sort of strange about alcohol in the pit area, so we may not even bring anything but water and sodas. You are welcome to come join in on our low-cost lunch. So on that note, bring your favorite snacks and beverages and we can throw them into the schmorgasborg......

Old 10-05-2007, 10:01 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Shwing! I'll bring some tater chips and dips

And something to drink. . .I dunno what yet. Where yall gonna be parked?

Old 10-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Perfect end to the week. . .

Just to keep from rattling off a string of expletives. . .lets just say it was a patience testing drive up, after 20 minutes of not being able to find the place I was $%^#$! off and turned around and came home. . .I don't normally get irrationally mad, but whatever. . .what a waste of chips. . .

Hope yall had fun.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: October Race Schedule!