Transmission Range Selector harness re wiring

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 05:05 PM
airman90
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Transmission Range Selector harness re wiring

I have a 97 F150 with a 4.6 and a 4r70w tranny. Replaced a bad Range Selector Sensor last week which fixed the shifting problem I had.

However, now it does not start in park, and the reverse lights will not work. I also have 4 codes in the computer now which include two that have high voltage and two that have low voltage coming from the sensor.
I've been told here that the new sensor has different pin locations which explains everything.
The part came with a new harness plug, and instructions on how to rewire the harness so the harness wires can plug onto the proper pins in the new sensor.
My problem is that the only information the instructions do now contain is what the current configuration of the harness wires are.
I know where they are supposed to go, however do not know where they are now.
There is a diagram of the harness in the instructions but it shows 7 wires in the harness and the colors are not the same either.
Got under there with a test light but could not indentify any wire except the hot wire.
The local Ford dealer says they don't have a diagram... Think they don't have the time for someone not paying them.
Needless to say I am at a loss. Anyone have a diagram of the Range Selector harness...? This is a 97 truck... not a 97.5 if that makes a difference. There are a lot of differences I've been dealing with.

Old 10-13-2007, 05:13 PM
airman90
New User
Seen what was posted here about it...

Forgot to mention that I have read on here and seen a diagram of the range selector harness.
My problem is that I have only six wires coming from my harness and the colors are not the same as the diagram shows. Looks like the same diagram that came with the part I purchased from Ford.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Old 10-13-2007, 10:46 PM
blue beast
Posting Guru
Check autozone.com they have abunch of vac and wiring diagrams online for free, May not even have to buy a manual, they have a lot of info on there specific to your vehicle!! I am not getting why you had to change out the harness, I can't believe there isn't enough of your truck with the same combo to make a part exact...