Sponsored by: DP Tuner

DP Tuner and Diane Tipton

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Futuresweets-10
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DP Tuner and Diane Tipton

I just wanted to share my experience with DP tuner with you guys. I posted a thread on here about two weeks ago with some questions about getting my pcm flashed, and Diane answered my questions. I scheduled an appointment for Jody to flash my computer today and left on the 7 hour drive to Atlanta this morning. On my way there Diane called to confirm my appointment and told me that Jody had to leave town today and wouldnt be there, but he had already written the program and she could load it for me. I showed up and within 3min Diane had my computer flashed. She was great to deal with and it was definetly worth the drive.
On the way up I pulled a 20ft trailer and got 11mpg average. After the reflash It seemed to pull the trailer a good bit better and after two hours of driving I averaged 14.4MPG and that wasnt with me going easy on her. I left her place to spend a few days in TN on vacation and about an hour ago got to the hotel and unhooked the trailer. It wasnt untill I got the truck out on the highway with out the trailer that I realised what an improvement it really was. Its like a completely different truck. Thanks Diane and Jody!!

Old 10-12-2007, 04:31 AM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Futuresweets-10
I just wanted to share my experience with DP tuner with you guys. I posted a thread on here about two weeks ago with some questions about getting my pcm flashed, and Diane answered my questions. I scheduled an appointment for Jody to flash my computer today and left on the 7 hour drive to Atlanta this morning. On my way there Diane called to confirm my appointment and told me that Jody had to leave town today and wouldnt be there, but he had already written the program and she could load it for me. I showed up and within 3min Diane had my computer flashed. She was great to deal with and it was definetly worth the drive.
On the way up I pulled a 20ft trailer and got 11mpg average. After the reflash It seemed to pull the trailer a good bit better and after two hours of driving I averaged 14.4MPG and that wasnt with me going easy on her. I left her place to spend a few days in TN on vacation and about an hour ago got to the hotel and unhooked the trailer. It wasnt untill I got the truck out on the highway with out the trailer that I realised what an improvement it really was. Its like a completely different truck. Thanks Diane and Jody!!
congrads on the new tune..now you will want the other tunes and be getting the F5 what tune did you get? have fun on your vaca......

Old 10-12-2007, 06:18 AM
blksiryder
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just love my F5 i don't think i just have one tune to play with. its so cool to know if you beat me once i still have bigger tunes to go to and for all the snobs if you cut me off with your high $$$ crap wagon i can just soot you a$$ have fun with the new tune

Old 10-12-2007, 07:24 AM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Pretty amazing what a smart woman can do isnt it?

Old 10-12-2007, 07:49 AM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by strokin_it7.3
Pretty amazing what a smart woman can do isnt it?

Dang Kris...

Old 10-12-2007, 08:53 AM
aklim
Lead Driver

Received 242 Likes on 187 Posts
Hi. My name is aklim. I am an addict to power. DP-Tuner has been my enabler. I am going to sober out in Branson, MO in a couple of weeks. About 40 miles from BTS. After this visit on Nov 2 where my big oil system will be installed, I will be done with PMS. Till the next mod, that is.

Now is there a 12 step program for PMS?

Old 10-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Izzy351
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by aklim
Hi. My name is aklim. I am an addict to power. DP-Tuner has been my enabler. I am going to sober out in Branson, MO in a couple of weeks. About 40 miles from BTS. After this visit on Nov 2 where my big oil system will be installed, I will be done with PMS. Till the next mod, that is.

Now is there a 12 step program for PMS?
Yes -- but you'll have to check yourself into the "Henry Ford" Clinic...

Joe

Old 10-12-2007, 11:01 AM
bdrummonds
Post Fiend
now we need F250_ to post up his clinical description of PMS, our version .

Old 10-12-2007, 12:00 PM
aklim
Lead Driver

Received 242 Likes on 187 Posts
Originally Posted by Izzy351
Yes -- but you'll have to check yourself into the "Henry Ford" Clinic...

Joe
  • We admitted we were powerless over our addiction - that our lives had become unmanageable
  • Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to fiscal sanity and high horsepower
  • Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of the Mod Gods
  • Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves and the vehicle/vehicles we are working on
  • Admitted to the Mod Gods, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our weak parts in the vehicle/vehicles
  • Were entirely ready to have the Mod Gods remove all these defects on said vehicle/vehicles
  • Humbly asked the Mod Gods to remove our vehicle/vehicles shortcomings
  • Made a list of all persons we had smoked, and became willing to smoke them all again and again
  • Show off to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others
  • Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong in our quest for power promptly admit it
  • Sought through cash and credit, means to improve our power levels, praying only for knowledge of the Mod Gods' will for us and the power to carry out the smoking of the competition
  • Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs

Last edited by aklim; 10-12-2007 at 12:14 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Futuresweets-10
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know my trans should shift firmer now, but I actually dont really know what that means. When it shifts now it jerks the truck alot more, is this normal?

Old 10-12-2007, 09:21 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
thats what happens with a firmer shift. In the stock programming, the transmission is deisgned to give a nice smooth buttery like shift. It's nice for comfort but the longer it takes to shift, the more wear, slippage and heat is created. The shorter the shift, the better for the transmission. Driveshaft, u-joints, and unknowing passengers might think different however.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:33 PM
BULLDOG-X04
Junior User
Hi guys, I just orderd a DP Tuner for my 7.3 Excursion. Spoke w/ Jody on Thur and answered all my questions. However, I forgot to ask about the PCM flash and this post reminded me.

So, do I have to have my PCM flashed? If so, can I mail it to GA? From Iowa it's a long drive. Also, what is the overboost anniliator? I saw it on their site and wondered what it was.

BTW, I orderded 4 tunes, 80 econ, 80 tow, 120 race, and 140 aggr. This should get me started. Any other recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Bulldog

Old 10-12-2007, 10:38 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
No, if you bought a chip, he will ship you a little chip looking device ( ) and it just piggybacks on the back of the PCM. If you want one, stand alone tune you can't take off or switch out of, then the PCM flash is for you.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:56 PM
kbeefy
Cargo Master
Received 289 Likes on 218 Posts
you don't need the pcm flash if you get the tuner.
You'll love it, I stay in 60 tow almost all the time.
From what I recall the 140hp was on the edge, I think it needed some other upgrades to get the most out of it.
The overboost thing sounds like a pressure relief valve that you put in your MAP line to fool the computer so it doesn't defuel @ 24#.

Other recomendations...
If you like hearing your truck work throw on a 6637 filter (eliminates the airbox and makes the intake noisier) and step up to a 4" turbo back exhaust and cat delete if you have one. Powerstrokes sound great with a better exhaust!
If you have an Auto the BTS Valve Body is nice.

Old 10-13-2007, 11:29 AM
DP-Tuner
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Futuresweets-10
Wow that is great on the MPG!!!! you are welcome. I am glad I could help. Thanks for letting us know.

Have a great vacation!!!

Diane

Get Tuned! 828-221-0076 ext. 802
Become our Facebook Fan