Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

Even as I reached into the sink..I knew it was wrong...

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 10:32 AM
oldfart
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Even as I reached into the sink..I knew it was wrong...

Well now fellers it's been a spell since I posted. I trust ya'll will forgive me. Long story short..me and The Yankees shot 20 rabbits this past weekend and missed 3 times that amount. Now on to the current disaster! I'm still working on remodeling the kitchen in this old home. Got the new base cabinets installed, countertops and new floor and fancy woodgrain vinyl flooring is done! Took me a while to figger out how to install the upper cabinets alone..finally figgered it out. Put the 2 ton floor-jack on the countertop and hoisted the wall cabinets inter place! Worked like a charm! Today I'm in a rush..I'm "multi-tasking". That means doing several jobs at once. (Not a good thing fer menfolks.) Multi-tasking to us is sittin' on the toilet and reading a hunting magazine. Much more than that is asking for trouble...eh? Today, filled the new sink up with dishes and hot soapy water on one side...hot rinse water on t'other side. She's a deep bowl stainless steel job! Moen faucet and all the trimmings! I sure was proud!! Pride come beforeth a fall now doesn't it? As I gleefully watched the dishes soaking in that new sink I decided to install the new light fixture...located directly above the sink full'a water. Hmmmm? Is it just me or do I smell impending disaster here? Large sink full'a water..electrical work going on directly overhead. Hmmm? More to come... Audie...the oldfart..

Old 11-15-2007, 11:03 AM
oldfart
Senior User
Well now fellers...not to worry. I've been doing electrical work for 20 years. Residential and commercial. I know what I'm doing. Today...BOINK!..a moment of stupidity strikes! Profound stupidity! Fellers there is a reason why all kitchens today are required to have G.F.I. receptacles within' reach of the sink. For those not knowledgeable of such terms it is a "ground-fault-interrupter" receptacle. (G.F.I.) What this does is trips a circuit breaker installed into the receptacle the moment someone does something really retarded. At present I don't have them installed..after today I will. Anyways....I can hear Lost just laughing hysterically now. Harrumph! I wired up the new light fixture and was holding it over my head and was reaching for the drill to screw thru the new light fixture and attach it to the ceiling and...KERPLUNK!....the drill fell into the sink....filled with water. The electric drill is, of course, plugged into the receptacle near the sink. NOT a G.F.I. receptacle..at this point! (big sigh here...) So what does a man do when he sees an expensive Dewalt drill falling into the sink? He reaches out and grabs it! Or at least he attempts to do so. Science tells us that the brain is a series of electrical impulses flashing in nano-seconds. These pulses tell our hearts to beat..our nerves to re-act to certain stimuli. Some electrical imputs will tell us to throw a Dewalt drill thru a new drywalled ceiling..and to lose all bowel function at the same time!!! Some time later we will wake up on the kitchen floor and head for the shower and throw away our soiled underwear...and jeans....and socks...and T-shirt....and hat...and soggy cigerettes...and sundry other items we have on our person at the time of the disaster. Just one more day here at The Homeplace folks. Audie..the oldfart...

Old 11-15-2007, 04:13 PM
lostin90s
Postmaster
How did you know I was laughing ??? Nice perm On your back hair that is. Is the drill Ok ???

It happens more than want to admit. The reaching for a tool .You just know its going to hurt .

Glad to hear from you . HAd me worried . You usuallystick your head in once in while . Now go fix the ceiling and put that GFI in Later

Old 11-15-2007, 10:47 PM
ranger1999 Bob
Posting Guru
lol now please tell us you werent using an aluminum ladder too!! lol

Old 11-16-2007, 04:14 PM
lostin90s
Postmaster
Nope he was a standing on a chair . But it was metal . You seeing straight yet Old fart ???

Lost larry here

Old 11-17-2007, 02:59 PM
oldfart
Senior User
Aye fellers one of the benifits of living in a 35yr. old trailer is that the ceilings are only 7ft. high! No need fer ladders and such if ye stand 6ft. 3in. as in my case. To bring this post up to date...the Dewalt drill has been found and it's working quite well! My clothing..from stem to stern, is a total loss! As well there is a nasty stain on the kitchen wall I must attend to! I'll get to that in due time. Must run for now..much to be done and I have company coming tommorrow. Until time permits...I remain..your friend. Audie..the oldfart..

Old 11-19-2007, 11:53 AM
oldfart
Senior User
Aye fellers... I knew it was a bad deal as soon as the drill hit the sink. Arrgh! And as well...I could look o'er my shoulder and see Lost lookin' back at me and sayin'.."Yer about to git gammahooched!" WAGH! Nothin' much says "screwed!!" as much as knowin' everyone else knows yer gonn'a git screwed..and they're all just sittin' there laughin' at ya! Some folks say... "Lightning never strikes twice in the same spot!" Yeah...right! Zzzzzzappp! Next project is to purchase and install the new gas stove. Propane....! Got 2 huge tanks..100lbs. each..just waiting on me to turn the taps on and let the gas flow! Now, mind ye, I'm "puddy-sure" all the connections are tight! Reasonably puddy-sure! Uhhh....reasonably certain...tightened up all the 35yr. old fittings...puddy sure. Ummmm....I have noticed all the feral cats are standing out near the mailbox...puddy sure. Danged....the Zippo is out of fuel...lemme just try this Bic Lighter to fire up the pilot lights on that new stove! I'm puddy sure this will work and all is well! More later! Audie!..the oldfa......ohhh shiiii

Old 11-20-2007, 05:02 PM
lostin90s
Postmaster
You want my propane torch to check the fittens ? Work reall well finds all leaks quick .

I'll bring the steaks when you do the stove . Amd maby a fire extinguisher to cool you off. We can sit and sing our house is burning down.
So whats the next project ?

Stay away from the catfood . At least when familly is over later

Last edited by lostin90s; 11-20-2007 at 05:05 PM.