Info for Fabman

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 12:10 PM
Phydeaux88
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Info for Fabman

I recently stumbled on some articles while doing some general browsing.

There may offer a solution to the Glycerol problem in here.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/3968169.html

www.nacatsoc.org/20nam/abstracts/O-S3-26.pdf

and here is one thats a little scary

http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/wo.jsp?wo=2001029111

There seems to be a lot of interest in the area of polymerized glycerol recently. I suspect it is in anticipation of the huge amount that will be produced once BioDiesel becomes more prevelant.

I dont necessarily advocate including Glycerol polymerization units into BD plants you are designing, although that wouldn't be a bad idea, but you should give some thought to producing food grade glycerol.

Last edited by Phydeaux88; 10-03-2007 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:33 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks for the links Phydeaux! Now I just have to find the time to read them LOL.......Ever since the family decided to expand the ranch I've been putting in 16 hour days, 7 days a week. We just added another 2,000 acres last week, so I'm now farming 5,000 acres, and they are looking to add another 5,000 acres in the next 12 months. My kids were planing a big party for our 35th wedding anniversary this week, but now I won't even be in town for it! I have to be in Idaho to solve some problems with the contractor at the new bio plant there, then I'm leaving for a conference in Seattle for another plant..................

Sorry if I haven't been posting much lately, but I haven't had much free time. I've got several bio experiments that have not been completed [or even worked on!] in months, but hopefully I can get more done this winter.............Don.