Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

September Mud Bog

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 05:55 PM
vanwho
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
September Mud Bog

MUDDINFORMONEY Mud Bog, Septtember 1st. Charles City.

kjett, broncosoilder, I'll definitely be there tho' I'll have to check with Blake as to his work schedule. Just thought I'd let you all know in advance. I have the OK from the "Boss".

Old 08-20-2007, 09:41 AM
broncosoldier
Junior User
sweet sounds good. if im lucky i might have my bronco back together with 4.56 gears in it. (fingers crossed). either way ill def be there ill lbe the guy with the beer changin tires.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:59 AM
kjett
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Henry,

Glad you'll be able to make it!! You up for some seat time this time around???

Also, while we're in the September mode, After the 1st, there will be another bog on Sept 22 at Mountainview. Just an FYI for early planning.....

Old 08-21-2007, 08:34 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
72.5 mi – about 1 hour 31 mins

Now this is right up my alley! If only all of them were this relatively close Count me in as long as something stupid doesn't come up It's close enough I might even be able to drive the big red truck

Old 08-22-2007, 06:28 AM
kjett
Post Fiend
Steve!!! Hope you can make it out!!! We'll be looking for ya......

Old 08-22-2007, 05:48 PM
vanwho
Senior User
Originally Posted by Franken-Truck
72.5 mi – about 1 hour 31 mins

Now this is right up my alley! If only all of them were this relatively close Count me in as long as something stupid doesn't come up It's close enough I might even be able to drive the big red truck
Sweet! Bring that big red truck on up this way so we all can see it in person.

Old 08-30-2007, 06:35 PM
vanwho
Senior User
Karl and Nick,

Blake is on call this weekend and won't be able to make it. Nature of the AC biz, oh well.

What time ya'll planning on getting there? Looking at the directions it seems that I can make the trip in less than 30 min. so if you need me there to help set up etc. give me a time and I'll be there. See ya Saturday. ( web said gates open at 9 )

Old 08-30-2007, 09:06 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Remember I said if nothing stupid came up?

Guess who's red truck is missing it's motor and its all apart in the garage?

I swear I'm going to sell it all and take the bus!

Old 08-31-2007, 07:06 AM
kjett
Post Fiend
Henry,

We are planning on being there around 9ish to get a good pit area and start chinging tires. Do you still have my cell number? Give us a call prior to going in that way we can all park in the same area, that is if you want to park that nice looking truck near our dirty ones.....

Steve,

I know the feeling!!! But hey, you still got that 04 right? Why not take a day off and relax with the new truck and come on up to watch some mud fly anyways........

Old 08-31-2007, 04:56 PM
vanwho
Senior User
[QUOTE=kjett]Henry,

We are planning on being there around 9ish to get a good pit area and start chinging tires. Do you still have my cell number? Give us a call prior to going in that way we can all park in the same area, that is if you want to park that nice looking truck near our dirty ones....

Yes, I still have the cell #'s in my wallet. I'll park next to your dirty truck to help it "look" good between runs! 9 ish is good. See ya there.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:05 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
Henry,

Thanks again for all the help. That was one of the nastiest pit's I've ever seen!!! Ya know it's gonna be a long, bad day when even the big alcohol/NOS boys have a hard time making it through!!! Our next adventure will be on Sept 22 at Mountainview, then after that we will be at the Virginia Motor Speedway in Saluda on Oct 6th. That one is sort of down by you, and close to Steve if he gets that motor back together....

Oh, and we're looking to pull those inner fenders for you sometime soon. So after they come off we'll meet up and deliver them to you!

Old 09-03-2007, 10:24 PM
vanwho
Senior User
Had a good time, all things considered. Did you make your final pass? What a long day that was. More time spent getting pulled out of the pit than going through it. A littlle more organization was needed IMHO.
It's a go for Mountainview. And Blake will be there if he's not on call again. Already talked about that. So, see you there. If I've got the cash, I'll take a turn in the pit myself. Just need a few pointers on what's the best way to "mud" my way thruogh, pun intended.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:31 AM
kjett
Post Fiend
Yeah, I finally made my last pass. It was so late I don't even remember what time it was! I ended up making it about 136 or so feet. They actually scratched me thinking I left and never called my name. I was supposed to be the 1st in the hole in D class, but ended up running in the 3rd spot. After I ran, we didn't even stick around long enough to see where I placed. We just packed up and rolled out. Maded it back to Stafford to unload at around 2:30am. We were all whipped!!!

Sounds good for the 22nd!! I'll be more than happy to put you in my truck and even give you some pointers and coach you along the way!!

Old 09-04-2007, 12:55 PM
broncosoldier
Junior User
we did have a first though. inistead of breaking, u caught on fire. thank god for the handy dandy fire exthinguisher. Henry thanks for all the help.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:12 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
Oh, yeah. I forgot, now I need to get a new extinguisher for the truck.......

Quick Reply: September Mud Bog