AutoEnginuity & Tire Size Recalibration

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 10:09 AM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 199 Likes on 107 Posts
AutoEnginuity & Tire Size Recalibration

FYI:

I just got off the phone with the Tech Support people at AE, and the above issue (recalibrating speedometer for tire size) is now officially "penciled in" on their "Engienering Board". What I heard in the background conversation is that they already have this feature developed, but simply need to take it through the testing regimin. It will not make version 5.31, but should make version 5.4 by the end of this year.

So, for those of you who have been waiting/hoping for this feature, it now seems fairly certain that it will become a part of the Enhanced Ford package before much longer.

My call was the second call on the same issue this week, which is what seemed to kick it up to the "engineering board". Point is, if you have issues, problems, or need/want new features, don't hesitate to call them and make the inquiry. I am extremely impressed by their responsiveness. I even offered to get a bunch of you guys here in FTE call in asking for the feature if it would help keep this in their development plan, but the response I got was, "No, that's not necessary now, because I just saw it get written up on the Engineering Board, so it's going to happen."

Just thought you guys would like to know.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:17 AM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
thanks for the heads up Pete..i down loaded the 5.3 the other day..i was woundering why it wasnt on there yet..

Old 09-26-2007, 10:36 AM
F250_
Hotshot
Glad to pass it on, Ron. I've got a question for you, too. I still haven't made the purchase yet, but will be doing so before much longer. I am planning on using an older desktop machine that runs on Win98, which I know is OK. What I'm wondering, though, is about downloading the updates. The particluar machine I am going to use (assuming it still runs, because we haven't unpacked it yet since moving ehre a year ago), this machine will not be connected to the internet. Will I be able to make downloads to my other machine in the house and transfer the download via memory stick or CD?

Old 09-26-2007, 10:40 AM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
i am not sure on that one..i think the program needs to read you computer adress to authorize it..meaning if i get a new lap top i need to contact AE and have it changed in the program..you can do this free once a year..i suck with computers so i hope i know what you mean...

Old 09-26-2007, 10:45 AM
F250_
Hotshot
That makes sense. I guess it's just a small detail I need to work out with them when I'm ready to buy. I am also seriosuly considering a newer/used laptop from a recent college graduate as an alternative. I saw such an animal on eBay a very short while back for only $400, which would probably have been, overall, the best approach... I just wasn't in a position to drop the cash for the AE and the computer both.

Anyway, thanks, Ron.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:54 AM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
I went and got a new laptop just for my truck..I have AE loaded on here..I log all instructions on how to's..also all work i have done and parts ##'s on here as well as FTE..it is my PSD diary basically..any thing else I use my desk top..

Old 09-26-2007, 12:18 PM
forumsearcher
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome news about the tire recalibration option. Keep us posted if you hear of any dates for release. I would love to finally get my speed-o operating correctly.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:38 PM
indebt
Posting Guru
Thats awsome, thanks Pete. if your old laptop is not updated it might not read certain pograms that run on the new java's and directx and such. If I were you I would update the comp and then load AE on it.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:41 PM
F250_
Hotshot
Good point, Jorge. Thanks.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:13 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Pete, you don't really need a new computer. The bottleneck in the AE is the interface and USB connection causing a sampling rate ridiculously low when compared to how the PCM gets it.

Now, I would think that you can download and copy to the laptop any program updates but not sure. I do know that my enhanced features activation code instructions clearly state that it is a hardware based activation code that will work with the enclosed hardware (scantool) only. It may be installed and activated as often as you like. This means I can install the software on any computer I want but it will only work with my scantool. I think that is what it means anyway.

I have not seen anything on the AE that I thought would need java or directx. Of course it may be transparant to me too.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:29 PM
F250_
Hotshot
That's pretty much what I've been getting a picture of, Tenn. The only reason I would pursue after a "newer" laptop is because it would take me away from the desktop in the garage and allow me to capture real performance data while on the road under varying conditions.

After all, my "old desktop" is a P-166 based machine that is now over 12 years old. It's been a good one, but I know it won't last forever.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:21 PM
forumsearcher
Junior User
Looks like 5.4 was released this morning. I am trying to download it as we speak, really slow connection. I checked the release notes and it does not seem that the feature was included... LAME!!! But maybe its there, we shall see...

Old 11-14-2007, 07:36 PM
CSIPSD
Postmaster
Let us know... I am holding off down loading the newer ones just because, A, I dont have my truck right now and have not for 2 months, and B well... I dont have my truck...

Old 11-14-2007, 07:50 PM
Benny2002
Posting Guru
A tech at the dealer can recalcutate for you if you dont have AE, the equivalant to 35s is all the module will do. When AE gets it up and running its in the ABS module under "personalities", some model years may have it in the GEM module but on my 02 it was a little tough to find

Old 11-14-2007, 08:34 PM
forumsearcher
Junior User
Yea, the dealer wants $100... NO WAY... I just loaded it, I am plugging it into the truck so we shall see in a minute...

Quick Reply: AutoEnginuity & Tire Size Recalibration