General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Immigration..From across the pond

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 07:30 AM
jetdoc
Cargo Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Immigration..From across the pond

I read the UK news daily and thought I would share this. This is our future without serious immigration reform.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle2511938.ece

Old 09-24-2007, 09:15 AM
magee
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That could be an article here in a year or two. It's really sad that so many people try so hard to be tolerant of others that they are willing to completely turn their backs on themselves, becoming spineless jellyfish who won't speak up at the risk of hurting somebody's feelings. In the U.S., if you say something bad about our illegal immigrants then you are labeled as a racist and a bigot. Well excuse me. I sure would hate to hurt the criminal's feelings. We need to get our collective head out of our hiney and do something besides talk the issue to death before it's too late.

Gene

Old 09-24-2007, 10:19 AM
AeroPA
Elder User
Originally Posted by magee
We need to get our collective head out of our hiney and do something besides talk the issue to death before it's too late.

Gene
It's already too late. Hazleton, PA is experiencing exactly the same problems the article reports. The school system is overrun, and they estimate they will have to double their budget just to keep their head above water. Their tax base won't even come close to supporting that kind of increase.

The wait time in the local ER is over 8 hours, as it is packed wall to wall with illegals. Housing is 4-5 families per unit, and the crunch hasn't even leveled out yet.

Drug deals take place out in the open, on street corners and near playgrounds. The police force can't keep up. But, as my friends in the local school system tell us, at least they're shooting each other for now.

The mayor tried to enact legislation to limit the ability of the illegal population to settle and work in Hazleton, but the federal court struck it down. He has been in front of a Senate Judiciary Committee, but nothing is being done.

They are drowning.

*Everybody, keep it civil. If anybody feels some overwhelming need to flame me because you think my POV is racist, feel free to IM me. I have very thick skin, trust me. I'm not likely to lose any sleep over it.*

Old 09-24-2007, 11:04 AM
fred_79f250
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by AeroPA
...If anybody feels some overwhelming need to flame me because you think my POV is racist, feel free to IM me...
That's one of the problems - the politically correct left that has so abused the 'racist' and other epithets that you can't even make a rational statement concerning immigration without a disclaimer.

There is absolutely nothing racist about the citizens of a nation saying "No, we don't feel like dealing with the upheaval that massive immigration will cause. We like our country just the way it is, thank you."

Old 09-24-2007, 12:23 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
You guys think you have it bad ?

For years Calgary and Edmonton were about 15 years behind the times when it came to infastructure.
Add to that the Slogan of our politicians "Living The Alberta Advantage" inviting people from all over the country to come and get in on No Provincial Sales tax,low taxes,cheaper gasoline,cheaper this cheaper that.

Now us that built the province over the last 40 years and aren't part of the energy industry are getting royally screwed with user fees,higher taxes,Higher energy costs,etc
This also includes extra costs going to support some immigrants from 3rd world countries.

Now it seems, .....It is all about "THE MONEY"

Old 09-24-2007, 12:38 PM
rugermack
Posting Guru
Heres how to stop immigration:<DIR><DIR>Take the time to read this to the end, it's good....

I bought a bird feeder. I hung it on my back porch and filled it with seed.

Within a week we had hundreds of birds taking advantage of the continuous

flow of free and easily accessible food. But then the birds started building

nests in the boards of the patio, above the table, and next to the barbecue.

Then came the poop. It was everywhere: on the patio tile, the chairs, the

table ... everywhere.

Then some of the birds turned mean: They would dive bomb me and try to peck

me even though I had fed them out of my own pocket. And others birds were

boisterous and loud: They sat on the feeder and squawked and screamed at all

hours of the day and night and demanded that I fill it when it got low on

food.

After a while, I couldn't even sit on my own back porch anymore. I took down

the bird feeder and in three days the birds were gone. I cleaned up their

mess and took down the many nests they had built all over the patio.

Soon, the back yard was like it used to be ..... quiet, serene and no one

demanding their rights to a free meal.

Now lets see ....... our government gives out free food, subsidized housing,

free medical care, free education and allows anyone born here to be an

automatic citizen. Then the illegal's came by the tens of thousands.

Suddenly our taxes went up to pay for free services; small apartments are

housing 5 families: you have to wait 6 hours to be seen by an emergency room

doctor: your child's 2nd grade class is behind other schools because over

half the class doesn't speak English: Corn Flakes now come in a bilingual

box; I have to press "one" to hear my bank talk to me in English, and people

waving flags other than "Old Glory" are squawking and screaming in the

streets, demanding more rights and free liberties.

Maybe it's time for the government to take down the bird feeder.

</DIR></DIR>

Old 09-24-2007, 12:48 PM
AeroPA
Elder User
Originally Posted by fred_79f250
That's one of the problems - the politically correct left that has so abused the 'racist' and other epithets that you can't even make a rational statement concerning immigration without a disclaimer.
I'm not too concerned about the criticisms; I just don't want to see the thread cluttered up with it. It can stay backchannel.

FWIW, Hazleton and surrounding area were settled and developed heavily by immigrants -- legal ones. Poles, czechs, irish, scots, brits, italians, germans, on and on. Most of them worked the coal mines, and they are affectionately known as "coal crackers". The Molly Maguires were a big part of the history here. The area is no stranger to immigration and the melting pot.

This new breed does not respect America, its legal citizens, or its laws. I don't know what the breaking point is, but I don't look forward to the day it finally does break. People there are pretty frustrated, and the feds' action to slap down the mayor isn't setting well with them.

Originally Posted by rugermack

Maybe it's time for the government to take down the bird feeder.
Yep, the mayor tried that, and the feds slapped down the ordinance, saying it wasn't the city's place to penalize employers and landlords who hire or rent to those who have no proof of legal status. The feds aren't offering any assistance, and they're basically forcing an already financially embattled city to give itself away.

Last edited by AeroPA; 09-24-2007 at 12:58 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:14 PM
ALSAIR
Elder User
I live in MIAMI, Enough said! I also Concur with all post's made.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:07 PM
blue beast
Posting Guru
You should have more kids and you should tell your kids to have more kids!! Americas population density is too open, these people think it is like the wild west back in the day was. Wide open and anything goes!! If you do not have native american blood you are an immigrant, Actually native americans are immigrants too, their ancestors came over the siberian land bridge!!

Old 09-24-2007, 07:11 PM
AeroPA
Elder User
Originally Posted by ALSAIR
I live in MIAMI, Enough said!
I hear that. I got out of there just before Castro emptied out his prisons and the cocaine wars got fired up.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:44 PM
rebocardo
Post Fiend
The worse an area gets, the more people with money move out, then you get a ghetto because the tax base is gone and you no longer have enough to pay police to keep up with the crime. Then the whole area becomes an eyesore.

Old 09-24-2007, 08:18 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Kinda like Kalifornia?