1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

Hey Ford Motor Company...I know what this stuff is!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 08:37 AM
oldfart
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Ford Motor Company...I know what this stuff is!!

Well now folks grab a chair and let me share a little story with ya'll. My latest project was/is installing a new motor for the power window in the drivers side of my beloved 86 F150. I managed to get the door panel off and the switches out and didn't break anything. That was good! Then trouble loomed its angry head. The directions said remove the dust cover. The dust cover is that sheet of paper which is held on with some particularly nasty black sticky...uhh.."stuff"!! Folks, by the time I had the dust cover off and the motor removed I had this junk everywhere!! All over my clothes, in my hair, in my eyebrows and in some areas that weren't even possible! (for most mere mortal men that is..) Any attempt to wash it off was futile. It is impervious to water and soap! Whilst scrubbing this junk off my body, clothes and tools with paint solvent an epihany came to me! I know what this stuff is!! I've seen it before! (Bear with me now..) Back in or about 1994 I took a ride out to Indianapolis to see a buddy of mine. We went to the Indy Zoo. There were monkeys at the zoo. Lots of em'. And I just had to go to the monkey cage and spend some quality time with my closest ancestors..of course. Well...one thing led to another and at some point I tried to teach 1 of the monkeys sign-language. Hey..I git bored easilly. Well, apparently, this monkey knew at least a little sign-language and took some offence to one of my gestures. (sigh...) Yes..that gesture. The next thing I knew that little booger reached down in the bottom of the cage and picked up a handfull'a black sticky gooey "stuff" and wailed it at me! Little s.o.b. had purty good aim too! Not being one to take such shenanigans without some retort I picked up what I could find of his little package and hurled it back at him an peeled him right off his little perch! HUZZAH! Well folks I don't rekkin' he'd ever had any return fire! It surprised him at first but then..the battle was on! More to come...Audie..the longwinded one!

Old 09-18-2007, 08:55 AM
oldfart
Senior User
Part 2!! Folks if yer followin' this tale you know where this is headed. Inside this monkey cage is at least 50 monkeys...mebbe more. And whatever I did to provoke the head-monkey..provoked the whole bunch'a them foul critters! Next thing I knew they was 50 monkeys loadin' up all four appendages with..uhhh...monkey poop..and they was drawing down on me and fixin' to fire! I seen it coming..so much dung flying it blocked out the sun! I screamed and hollered.."INCOMING!!"..and headed for the one place I knew I'd be safe. I ducked behind my wife. (now ex-wife..go figger?) Must'a been 100 people there..all standing around with their eyes poppin' out and mouths agape. Frozen with fear. Not me!! I snatched up what little kids I could save and held The Missus up like a shield in one of them Gladiator movies to ward off the onslaught! Worked quite well if I must say so myself. The battle didn't last long..mebbe a half hour or so. I was holdin' my own against all the furry buggers and ready to supply some of my own ammo when the guards hauled me out of there. So Ford Motor Company...I know what this stuff is..been to the zoo..seen it..done that. Don't know how ya'll managed to git rid of the smell but it's the same durn stuff. Audie..the longwinded oldfart....

Old 09-18-2007, 10:18 AM
TheRoadVirus
Elder User
Good stuff.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:26 PM
IrishMike
Freshman User
Talking

Oldfart...well...I must say I just about laughed my "ammo-maker" off at your story.That is the funnyest thing I have heard for a while. That "goo" ford uses is a mess as you say, and if you just get close to it you have it every where and it never gets old, 1 year old or 40 years it stays sticky!!!

Last edited by IrishMike; 09-18-2007 at 09:29 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:10 PM
lunki98
Junior User
It is called Butal. It used to be used for everthing to include windows and windshield adhesive. The best stuff for removing it from things is Orange Citrus wipes, it takes it right off with a minimal amount of scrubbing. BTW great story that is funny stuff.

Luke

Old 09-19-2007, 08:34 PM
Half Breed
Elder User
Hmmmmmmmm Just so happens I just yesterday had to replace the door hanle in my Buick where my wife had decided you had to yank the H*** on it to open the door. Black gooey stuff? yep all over because not only was the door handle broken but the opening rod had come out of the door mech and I had to take the plastic cover off to get in the door. Good info here I still have some on me today. Still I got most of it off with WD40 especially off of my tools.