New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

Offline due to wife's Mariner gets hit

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 12:30 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Offline due to wife's Mariner gets hit

Well some of you noticed that I have not been online this week and that is because some idiot hit the wife's Mariner. It was in her work parking lot while it was parked. Click here to see the damage to her vehicle. What really sucks is the vehicle is only a year old and we have about $1500 worth of damage to it already.

Sorry for the rant gang, but some of you were wondering where I had been.

Old 09-07-2007, 12:36 PM
tewferford
Post Fiend
That bites the big one. I guess there was no little note on the winshield huh.
I see it was a white car that did the damage. Anybody look for a white car with red paint on it?

Old 09-07-2007, 12:39 PM
ken75ranger
Elder User
Wow, that's a pretty good scrape for someone pulling out of a parking spot. They had to know they did it.

Old 09-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
No note, but the wife remembered seeing a truck parked really close to her when she left work. It was the only time she did not check her vehicle before leaving. She normally walks around it just to make sure everything is fine. We drove back to her parking lot and the truck was there. A white Ford F-150 (not an FTE member and I don't think I am going ask them to become one ) with red paint on the bumper. We got the cops involved and they tracked the person down for us. Now the insurance companies are working things out.

It just sucks because it is a new vehicle and the damage was not caused by us. I am thankful that no one got hurt and that it was only property damage, but it has been three days of dealing with it which drives you nuts.

Old 09-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ken75ranger
Wow, that's a pretty good scrape for someone pulling out of a parking spot. They had to know they did it.
Actually they pulled into the spot next to the Mariner hitting the passenger front tire, fender, and then down the door. When the cops talked to the person, she claims that she did not know that she hit the vehicle. I kind of think she was telling the truth because she left her truck in the same spot. I would think that if she knew she hit the vehicle she would have parked some place else.

Old 09-07-2007, 12:54 PM
tewferford
Post Fiend
You know! I think that is why I refuse to own a new car anymore. The last one I owened was back in 89. No matter how far I parked it away from the crowd.
Someone would always be parked next to me when I returned, and it would always be an old 2dr sedan. Need I say more?

Old 09-07-2007, 01:03 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by tewferford
You know! I think that is why I refuse to own a new car anymore. The last one I owened was back in 89. No matter how far I parked it away from the crowd.
Someone would always be parked next to me when I returned, and it would always be an old 2dr sedan. Need I say more?
Yeah I really did not want a new vehicle, but the wife did and she didn't want to drive the Rover anymore. If she had been driving the Rover no one would have been parked next to her. I think all the dents and scrapes on it from wheeling scared people away!!!

Old 09-07-2007, 02:42 PM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 307 Likes on 282 Posts
Sorry to hear about the mishap.....that just SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Insurance companies can be such a PIA at times. Hopefully things will work out and not cost too much if anything.

Old 09-07-2007, 06:19 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by tiny1
...and not cost too much if anything.
That is the part that sucks. Even if it doesn't cost me anything in money it has already cost me time and a lot of frustration.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:57 AM
ranger1999 Bob
Posting Guru
well the good news is you caught the person who did it. I got hit like that across the door and fender of my ranger while it was legally parked at a parking meter and a truck sideswiped it and took off and of course noone saw anything and the guy didnt leave a note. I have a good idea who it was but being i cant prove it i have to eat the repair bill which is $600 which isnt alot of money but yet i dont see why i should have to pay for anothers stupidity.

Ya know the way i was raised if i do some damage to someones item ( no matter what it is) I walk up to them and look em in the eye and admit to it then make arrangements to make things right. With the moral fiber of Americans the way its is lately i feel like a dying breed or a dinosaur. Its amazing the way people act and have a lack of morals then again with role models who are druggies , drunks, amateur **** stars ,thieves , liars, and all around garbage no wonder the new generations dont know how to act

Old 09-09-2007, 09:21 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
I hear you Bob. I had one other really bad hit and run where someone took the front end off of my Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon. They took the bumper, grill, and front lights right off of the car. No one saw it and no note left.

I told my wife this is the last new car we are getting which is fine by her as she loves her Mariner.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:02 AM
lenny1carl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
this sucks daren, but i know the feeling. if i leave my truck here and take the van to anywhere, some sob will hit my truck in my driveway.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:13 PM
rsylvstr
Cargo Master
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
I really don't know how i'd react if someone hit my truck.....maybe i should just stay home!

Old 09-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by lenny1carl
this sucks daren, but i know the feeling. if i leave my truck here and take the van to anywhere, some sob will hit my truck in my driveway.
Isn't that the truth.

Originally Posted by rsylvstr
I really don't know how i'd react if someone hit my truck.....maybe i should just stay home!
But then if you stay home your truck would get hit like what Carl said.

Old 09-13-2007, 06:52 PM
rsylvstr
Cargo Master
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
haha, if someone hits mine when it's parked at the house, they have big problems LOL

Quick Reply: Offline due to wife's Mariner gets hit