Canadian National Chapter British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan/Manitoba,Ontario and Nova Scotia

Where are all the Easterners?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 12:27 PM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Skoda
egr adapter plate? to block it off? or are you changing the headers?
your also keeping the truck Hey I'am not complaining

you going to be spending some time with the grinder on that carb?

i've got an edelbrock performer intake, but i'm keeping the stock carb, the egr plate is an adapter for the intake to stock carb setup. i do plan for long tube headers as well.

i'm planning on polishing the venturi's a bit but i need to get a bit more info on it first. you got any sources??

Old 03-07-2008, 01:30 AM
ZBIGBIG19TH
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Skoda, the place is at the end of Hwy.25 (which becomes H.Louis Lafontaine)and
H.Bourassa Est.It's on 5 Ave,Don't remember the number but I know the building ,got the key.I'll be there on saturday if snows.
Proscan ,well got it but don't know much about it "so try and error" combination is invited to the party.
Hope Scangauge2 ordered on monday will be here tomorrow also.
As for cyl 5 ,thanks for wishes,I guess many peoples on this forum did it with no problems so must not be that hard. look all over Mtl.for Kroil and it's a mission impossible,I'll get see foam tomorrow or call dealer for penetrant oil Ford uses as per TSB for plugs removal.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:53 PM
ZBIGBIG19TH
Elder User
Got AeroKroil, guess where???
At Ford's dealer, Lucky me they got full case of it for their "TECHNICIANS ONLY NOT FOR SALE" ???
But with a bit of nagging I got it for 16.07 a can.
Looks like finally they understood the problems with plugs and
don't use B.S.ford's penetrant anymore. Looked allover Montreal for it with no luck.
Also got SG2 this morning,what a day man.Now I hope for snow and I'll go play with all that tomorrow.

Old 03-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Skoda
Elder User
Originally Posted by 96sherm
i've got an edelbrock performer intake, but i'm keeping the stock carb, the egr plate is an adapter for the intake to stock carb setup. i do plan for long tube headers as well.

i'm planning on polishing the venturi's a bit but i need to get a bit more info on it first. you got any sources??
source do I ever well sounds like I have many but its only one . One worth its weight in gold, you'll have to use the search function. (CSA) sherm you got a pm

Old 03-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Skoda
Elder User
Originally Posted by ZBIGBIG19TH
Got AeroKroil, guess where???
At Ford's dealer, Lucky me they got full case of it for their "TECHNICIANS ONLY NOT FOR SALE" ???
But with a bit of nagging I got it for 16.07 a can.
Looks like finally they understood the problems with plugs and
don't use B.S.ford's penetrant anymore. Looked allover Montreal for it with no luck.
Also got SG2 this morning,what a day man.Now I hope for snow and I'll go play with all that tomorrow.
Zbig how'd the spark plug swap go?

what a storm huh

Old 03-10-2008, 09:30 PM
96sherm
Post Fiend
thanks skoda!! i'll check it right away.

i was about to ask about zbig too...hope he's not snowed in!!!

Old 03-11-2008, 12:33 PM
ZBIGBIG19TH
Elder User
Well I did nothing.City crews moved the snow in the midle of the street and I had no access to the place.Didn't want to take a risk to jump over 5-6 high and 8 feet wide pile of snow.I waited for 1 1/2hrs for them to show up but they didn't,so I went home.
I'll wait till next weekend and give them time to clean new snow that we got.
Skoda is your showel red hot yet?LOL
Heard some more comming on wednesday.What a storm.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:50 PM
96sherm
Post Fiend
thats too bad zbig... our weather's been nice here, giving me a chance to work on my '83 a bit...

Old 03-11-2008, 07:05 PM
Skoda
Elder User
Originally Posted by ZBIGBIG19TH
Well I did nothing.City crews moved the snow in the midle of the street and I had no access to the place.Didn't want to take a risk to jump over 5-6 high and 8 feet wide pile of snow.I waited for 1 1/2hrs for them to show up but they didn't,so I went home.
I'll wait till next weekend and give them time to clean new snow that we got.
Skoda is your showel red hot yet?LOL
Heard some more comming on wednesday.What a storm.
for my shovel being red hot... I wish it was, then the snow would just, melt away

A shame you didn't get those plugs done, but then again theres always next weekend your son or daughter old enought o turn a few wrenchs?

Old 03-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Skoda
Elder User
thanks skoda!! i'll check it right away.

i was about to ask about zbig too...hope he's not snowed in!!!
I hope he's not either 4X4 will take care of him. Worse thing is with the streets on the small side in montreal, 2 way roads are reduced to 1 lane if that with the cars parked, for some reason they always expect you to back up(a pick up) in some tight place or on high snow to let them by... some times I just feel like droping my truck in park and turning on the dvd player and see what they decide to do...

Sherm has your 351 been redone or are you just starting with some mods? ( keeping the truck i see )

Old 03-11-2008, 07:35 PM
96sherm
Post Fiend
i'm just starting. going to make it a driver for now, it needs the exhaust system so i'll do headers and duals, but otherwise i'll rebuild the carb, clean it up then give the body some attention.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:19 AM
96sherm
Post Fiend
whats new fellas?? got the truck perking Zbig?? fix your dead cylinder yet skoda??

Old 03-16-2008, 09:06 AM
Skoda
Elder User
whats new fellas?? got the truck perking Zbig?? fix your dead cylinder yet skoda??
Haven't done a thing yet on my truck, still saving up for the new motor, I expect to get it during spring.

As for new things I did get my tow mirrors in and yes they are installed. I tell yea those mirrors make a world of diffrence, can see every thing going on around the truck plus it makes it look more aggresive.

Sherm hows the research going? you finish rebuilding your carb? hope your trucks are not snowed in from the recent storm we had

Old 03-16-2008, 12:57 PM
96sherm
Post Fiend
we got no storm... i'm slowly getting the carb apart, but haven't had much time to deal with it. hopefully this afternoon if i find some ambition i'll get some more done with it. hard to find ambition on a sunday

Old 03-16-2008, 04:23 PM
ZBIGBIG19TH
Elder User
Hi guys ,going there tomorow,got very bad mpg lately.Did clean MAF but did not disconect the battery after all ,did just that now and I'll wait and see .when I'll change the plugs I'll play with ProScan to see what's goin on.I think about changing
co2 sensors b/c at 90K miles they're must be at the edge of sending bad impuls.

Quick Reply: Where are all the Easterners?