Notices
Canadian National Chapter British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan/Manitoba,Ontario and Nova Scotia

Where are all the Easterners?

Old 02-24-2008, 08:24 PM
Skoda
Elder User
Skoda is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by 96sherm
there's a couple of guys, but they don't get the whole "club" thing...
Hey sherm you looking into doing some mods to that F-150?

Zbig how are things, its been some time, you get your lady some thing new to wear? ( I mean your excursion )

Old 02-24-2008, 08:42 PM
96sherm
Post Fiend
96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.
which one?? the '83 was going to be a toy, but lack of time and a baby on the way says its going to find a new home. my f150 screw has dual exhaust and thats about it for now. i don't want to do anything that would jeaprodize its dependibility as its my only DD.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:15 PM
Skoda
Elder User
which one?? the '83 was going to be a toy, but lack of time and a baby on the way says its going to find a new home. my f150 screw has dual exhaust and thats about it for now. i don't want to do anything that would jeaprodize its dependibility as its my only DD.
Oh... I thought you were going to hit me with the 6 inch lift and 36 inch tires only kidding, I'am sure a project truck will fall into you lap down the road, lifes got some nice surprises. On another note how far along is your wife? were I work my manager just had a baby and every time I see him he looks like he hasn't slept for hours. I'd sake the hand of a father doing his job any day

Old 02-25-2008, 05:45 AM
96sherm
Post Fiend
96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.
she's almost 7 months along. don't remind me about sleepless nights. i'm having them already...at first i thought i was ready for this baby thing, but the closer it gets, the more i realize i'm not

6" lift and 36's?? nope...not for this cowboy. that one was going to be low, fast, and mean... now it'll have to be someone elses worries

Old 02-25-2008, 10:48 PM
ZBIGBIG19TH
Elder User
ZBIGBIG19TH is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
[QUOTE

Zbig how are things, its been some time, you get your lady some thing new to wear? ( I mean your excursion )[/QUOTE]

Hi Skoda,no,no decoration on my lady for now.Just got set of sparks,fuel filter,Monomax rear shocks and I wait for weather to kick in.Also have some electrical modif's to do.What's up with your ride???waiting 4 weather???
BTW. thinking of getting ScanGage.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:55 PM
Skoda
Elder User
yup waitting for the weather as well, a shame we got snow today... was really looking forward to opening the hood and looking to see whats up,

I've been thinking about this whole 0psi on cyl number 9 and 175psi on number 5
theres only two ways I can think of him getting a reading of 0 psi, hole right through the piston or failed rings ( even then I would be burning oil and the oil would be turning black from carbon, I don't have any blue smoke, oil level has been rock solid for the past few weeks and hasn't changed color much sence I changed it.) second the valve has a hole or is bent (if it was bent it would make noise)
I'am stumped I'am sure a oil ring can hold back at least 5 psi before blow by

just poped into my head...has to be a head gasket. One hell of a failed head gasket, even then is not making much noise... I just don't know

Old 02-26-2008, 06:58 PM
Skoda
Elder User
she's almost 7 months along. don't remind me about sleepless nights. i'm having them already...at first i thought i was ready for this baby thing, but the closer it gets, the more i realize i'm not
Don't worry Sherm you'll be fine it's only the first father jitters, I'am sure you felt the same way the night before you got married

Old 02-26-2008, 07:13 PM
96sherm
Post Fiend
thanks skoda...

say if it were a head gasket wouldn't you be losing a pile of antifreeze too?? maybe someone swiped the piston from that cylinder

Old 02-26-2008, 08:21 PM
Skoda
Elder User
say if it were a head gasket wouldn't you be losing a pile of antifreeze too?? maybe someone swiped the piston from that cylinder
My buddy did point out I was low on ainte freeze when I had the plug swap problem on number 4 cyl, sure as hell will be worth looking into. I don't have any excessive white smoke coming out the tale pipe though. I'am thinking it blew out in the direction of the intake or towards the exhaust manifold. I'am try and put throttle body cleaner in some spots and see what happens

as for someone swipping out a piston track them down and tow'm

Old 02-26-2008, 09:24 PM
96sherm
Post Fiend
sure is an interesting scenario!! wonder if you're right about the hole in piston...everything else seems like it'd have some adverse noise or side affect that you'd notice. the truck still runs fine otherwise??

Old 02-26-2008, 11:41 PM
ZBIGBIG19TH
Elder User
I guess it will be very interesting project man.If there's no white or blue smoke and
fluids are not missing then probably exhaust valve is stuck wide open for some reason.
As for a hole in a cylinder,possible, your engine oil would certainly change viscosity not so much the color ((no carbon b/c there's no compression and no combustion in cyl#9????right?????)) b/c of fuel leaks thru that hole isn't it???
Head gasket??? do you hear any whissing noise??? 9:1 compression it's a lot of pressure and you need big opening somwhere to get rid of it.Exhaust Valves are perfect candidate to cause you trouble.
Hey, is your piston mooving????

Old 02-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Skoda
Elder User
sure is an interesting scenario!! wonder if you're right about the hole in piston...everything else seems like it'd have some adverse noise or side affect that you'd notice. the truck still runs fine otherwise??
well it has a vibration to it, such assitting at a light, you won't noitce it enless you know what you looking for type thing. As well as 50-60 km/hr theres mean vibration. What I can say for now is I had a problem before I went to ford and I still have a problem after ford with a nice bill to boot

Sherm you ever have any big problems with your truck? cause this problem here is testing the love i have for my truck...

Old 02-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Skoda
Elder User
Originally Posted by ZBIGBIG19TH
I guess it will be very interesting project man.If there's no white or blue smoke and
fluids are not missing then probably exhaust valve is stuck wide open for some reason.
As for a hole in a cylinder,possible, your engine oil would certainly change viscosity not so much the color ((no carbon b/c there's no compression and no combustion in cyl#9????right?????)) b/c of fuel leaks thru that hole isn't it???
Head gasket??? do you hear any whissing noise??? 9:1 compression it's a lot of pressure and you need big opening somwhere to get rid of it.Exhaust Valves are perfect candidate to cause you trouble.
Hey, is your piston mooving????
If theres a valve stuck open, I wouldn't believe it , I checked out spliced diagram of the motor and it looks like the rocker arm is attached to the lifter and valve like a bridge and when the cam lobe hits it it lowers the two at the same time (you think there jammed?) imagine that my hole problem fixed by one new lifter lock and spring and possibly a rocker whats that come out to in parts...45 bucks (I could only be so lucky )

theres no noise what so ever Zbig, this is totally blowing my mind

I agree with you Zbig that 9 to 1 has to be going some were(up the intake?)it ain't going to be a super chager it ain't forcing air into the 9 other cylinders, ain't doing it

IS my piston moving, I couldn't tell you... as a left truck mechanic once said to me working on my cat
"Collis les mécaniques" Can't say I blame the man one bit, not one

Zbig you run into any problems with your 10...

Old 02-27-2008, 09:46 PM
ZBIGBIG19TH
Elder User
Did you run the scan on your rig??Any codes??
Intake??? it would probably screw up all vacuum in manifold and the engine cycles by pushing in or sucking up all the air .Is the engine oil OK.
Till now I didn't have big problems except auto hub locks,shaft(balanced my self),one BJ,door look actuator(repaired my self),few small things.Overall it's very reliable and I
hope it will keep that way.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:19 PM
Skoda
Elder User
engine oil is fine checked it last week, when the scanner was hooked up to it about 3-4 weeks ago it stated cylinder number 9 missfire. Took the truck to the dealer 2 weekes ago asking them to change spark plug number 4 and 5, while that was being done the tech came and told me number 9 is missing, I told to see what they could find. after some time chatting we came to the conclusion it was either the computer,motor or the wire harness it's self. Some further test elimanated wireharness and computer. Tech came out word for word " it's da moteur compression checked 5 175 compress checked cylinde numeraux 9 0" well can you tell me what the problem is? "je besion enleve le tete peur etre sur" no thanks I can do that.

The codes they wrote ont eh report are IDS TEST CODE P0309 P0354

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where are all the Easterners?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.