Notices
Canadian National Chapter British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan/Manitoba,Ontario and Nova Scotia

Where are all the Easterners?

Old 07-22-2008, 01:38 PM
96sherm
Post Fiend
96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.
check this out for the latest in my world... whats new with you'se??

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...nouncment.html

Old 07-23-2008, 10:18 AM
ZBIGBIG19TH
Elder User
ZBIGBIG19TH is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Wow Sherm,congrat's ,really nice ride and mpg.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:07 PM
96sherm
Post Fiend
96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.96sherm has a spectacular reputation.
thanks zbig. its an awesome truck so far!!

Old 07-23-2008, 07:47 PM
Skoda
Elder User
Skoda is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sherm, wow GET N ER done i see, awsome truck, I wish the best of memories with the new rig. . . hopefully they'll be record braking ones

Old 07-23-2008, 07:55 PM
96sherm
Post Fiend
lol...thanks skoda!! i don't plan on breaking any records, but i love this truck. say, how's the v10 comming??

Old 07-24-2008, 07:50 AM
Skoda
Elder User
Hey Sherm

Got the beast running last weekend after priming the motor it fired right up, only problem I'am having is it's ideling rough from say 650rpm's to 1000rpm's the second I get over 1000rpm's the rough idel compeletly goes away. For some reason I'am getting worse mpg then before I'am hitting 5.4. I've got a plan lay'd out in my head of what it might be, vacum leak, bad cop, feul filter, the iac is getting jammed (though it was cleaned when I took it apart), something to do with the egr delete when the header went on (I had a tune made for the egr delete but anything is possible I sapose)
plus she isn't throwing any codes so...

other then those small problems she purr's like a kitten

Old 07-24-2008, 01:20 PM
96sherm
Post Fiend
5.4?? wow... you sure someone isn't stealing your fuel?? is the tailpipe blowing black or something??

Old 07-25-2008, 08:34 AM
Skoda
Elder User
Originally Posted by 96sherm View Post
5.4?? wow... you sure someone isn't stealing your fuel?? is the tailpipe blowing black or something??

theres no color of any type that comes out the tail pipe sence the rebuild and again there is "0" codes

hey sherm you take the new truck out for a cruise yet?

Old 07-25-2008, 06:22 PM
96sherm
Post Fiend
the newby is a daily driver... sure hate the color aftera wash though, shows every water spot...

Old 08-16-2008, 12:24 PM
Red in Quebec
New User
Red in Quebec is starting off with a positive reputation.
Not out west working; westerner moving east

SHHHH!!! Say too much and we'll have more westerners and trucks out here and then I won't tower over everyone on the roads.......

I bought my truck years ago in Alberta just to move out here. I had a typical brain wave for an Albertan - if I had a truck I could move it myself. Here, all I ever get is "why do you need such a BIG vehicle?" And in response to move it yourself; I keep hearing hire a U-haul, or hire someone to do it for you....

I'm in Gatineau (Hull), QC now and I don't see many trucks here. I see a few more when I go over to the Ottawa side, but hey NO ONE can compete with Albertans and TRUCK COUNTRY. And, they can stay there, I LOVE being QUEEN of the road and scaring everyone!!!!

Red in Quebec

Old 08-16-2008, 01:06 PM
Skoda
Elder User
Hey Red you came to party in this thread to. . . Good Times isn't it awsome having an invisable buble around your truck no matter how slow you go they all ways seem to verre around you

So lets get in to the nitty gritty, what mod has you got? what year? motor size come on spill the beans

Old 08-16-2008, 01:37 PM
96sherm
Post Fiend
better yet, get those pics posting!!!

Old 08-16-2008, 04:51 PM
Red in Quebec
New User
No real mods other than getting a liner in the back bed of the truck, a class IV tow hitch; and FORD seat belt covers; but I'm working on it. It's a 4.86 V8 2002 RED Supercab. Photos again are something I'm working on.

First I have to find someone who won't charge me 5 arms and legs for some serious body work - to fix the damage some donkey (hehaw) caused when they hit it while it was parked in my complex parking lot (when I was still living in ON). And no way was I going to damage my perfect driving record being told I was guilty for parking my truck..... And people want to LIVE?? in Toronto????????

The best part though is when driving and everyone sees me coming and they all give me a mile. If I want to start a panic all I have to do is gun it!!!

Old 08-17-2008, 08:40 AM
96sherm
Post Fiend
funny... i seen lots of big trucks in quebec when i was driving through... lots of superduties that would dwarf my 1/2 ton i was driving...

Old 08-17-2008, 12:24 PM
Red in Quebec
New User
Originally Posted by 96sherm View Post
funny... i seen lots of big trucks in quebec when i was driving through... lots of superduties that would dwarf my 1/2 ton i was driving...
Trust me, come up north a ways to the Nations Capital and you won't see many. Ottawa has it backwards, for parking in downtown Ottawa, they charge me more than double what they charge a car. My complex underground parking has a 5 foot 5 clearance. It's shorter than ME!!!!

Maybe all them big bureaucrats are afraid us truckers will run em over....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where are all the Easterners?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.