Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Venting

Old 08-27-2002, 05:57 PM
blastmaster
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Venting

Whew!
It took me 2 and a half long days getting the headers on, but it was worth it! I had to cut the old pipes out and drill-out 4 broken bolts (through the fenderwell with drill extentions), and all the normal engine jackin' and crossmember removin' and tube n' cable re-routing stuff. But now I got Flowtec headers with 2 1/2" dual pipes and Turbo mufflers. It sounds sweet! and a noticable increase in power too! I did, however, set off someone's car alarm in the part store parking lot while returning some left-overs. I suppose I could put some resonators at the end if I get pulled over too much...we'll see.

BTW - How long am I gonna have to wait for the deer to calm-down after riding up on my favorite hunting spot this season, next day?

Old 08-27-2002, 09:50 PM
Ratsmoker
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Just Venting

People can say what they want about cheap headers but I love my flowtechs. They aren't Thorleys or hooker supercomps but for $99 they exceeded my expectations. I expect to replace them in a couple years when they are rusted out. I'm suprised you had all that trouble. I can remove my headers completely from the engine bay and put them back in in about 2 hours but of course I have done it a few times so I've got all the tricks down. They are a pretty tight fit. They just happen to match to the ports on my edelbrock heads perfectly. I haven't been pulled over yet so good luck.