Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wampsville right between Syracuse and Utica you blink and you're past it

Old 09-18-2007, 08:48 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by tewferford
Darren, I don't know if you remember but, I tried to get one together for the LI,ers.
Many months leeway with an open summer calendar. I think I got two maybe's in all that time.
Frank - yes I do remember that and I know that you had some hard feelings about that. I would hope that you or some of the other Long Island members would try for a G2G again. That is all any of us can do is keep trying.

The first G2G that I planned for the NY Chapter turned out to be Barr (the host) and myself. I drove 3 hours one way to attend that one and guess what. It was worth it. Barr was a great host and his family opened their home to me. It will be something I will never forget.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:37 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 297 Likes on 156 Posts
Subscribed

Old 09-18-2007, 11:06 PM
rsylvstr
Cargo Master
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Alright....we should be good to go.
Someone else, other than me, set up a GTG near Utica...so i can attend...
Thanks for the teamwork

Old 09-27-2007, 09:46 PM
MuddyAxles
Elder User
Attica?

Originally Posted by FT4L
I like the sound of these G2G's, but what do they involve? The Letchworth SP one, for example. What went down there? I am close enough to that here in Attica that something in this area would be fun. I am really new, so forgive me for the dumb questions.

Hi all? Just stopped by after weeks away, saw this and had to reply.

FT4L...you're practically my neighbor and I often come home from work through your burg...also know some folks up that way.

What goes on at a G2G? Well, you'd be real surprised (not really). Here's how it went:

We arrived, mostly one by one, and there were introductions, setting up for the eats, casual visiting back and forth, we looked over each other's rides, and then some who had a way to go or an early morning ahead of them said good-bye. Some enjoyed a somewhat guided tour of the park while we rode in the "Quigley".

What we did was really nothing special...as far as what we did or said...but it was very special because we made some new friends and acquaintences that we all look forward to enjoying again at some future date.

Will you be at the next one and help me build the fire to cook the weenies on?

Maybe next year we can plan some sort of activities.

MuddyAxles aka Dave (from Pike)

Old 09-27-2007, 10:19 PM
MuddyAxles
Elder User
P.s.

A quick update:

My wife is still in a "boot cast" during the day due to cartilage/tendon damage done during the ankle break. Another 30 days and then they will decide if another surgery is necessary.

Tuesday and Wednesday she underwent two MRIs to guide a different surgeon and the neurologist in their decision whether to recommend surgery to remove the remaining tumor on her brain. At present it is not bothering, but she has run the gamut of many different anti-seizure medications. Right now this combination is working. Time will tell.

In addition to all that the decision was made that my Mother should not stay alone any longer, so she has moved in with us. So, there has been plenty going on around here.

Not to mention the problems with the laptop. Seems that once XP has been in use 3-4 years (I guess it has been that long) it gets junked up with stuff and doesn't like to work very well...so I have a huge back-up and re-installation of Windows coming up soon.

Aside from all that, everything's fine around here.

Dave

Old 09-28-2007, 05:46 AM
rsylvstr
Cargo Master
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Dave,

very sorry to hear how things are going...BUT, it sounds like you are staying positive. my thoughts and prayers are with you....
keep yourself sane, start changing your oil with Supertech every weekend, or at least crawl under the truck with a few beers and pretend you are!

Rob

Old 09-28-2007, 07:05 AM
tewferford
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by rsylvstr
Dave,

very sorry to hear how things are going...BUT, it sounds like you are staying positive. my thoughts and prayers are with you....
keep yourself sane, start changing your oil with Supertech every weekend, or at least crawl under the truck with a few beers and pretend you are!

Rob
Ditto that, with one exception. You can crawl under one of my vehicles, and we can both have a beer together.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Dave - sorry to hear about all of the issues your wife has been having. Give her my regards. Hope all goes well with your mother as well.

Maybe we should plan a spring G2G for you as it sounds like you will busy for awhile. When is a good tentative date for you?

Old 09-28-2007, 04:38 PM
FT4L
New User
dave,

you drive thru Attica to go to work from Pike? man, i hope that job pays good. i work in Batavia and the gas for that trip ain't exactly cheap. anyhoo, i would love to go to a G2G. that's exactly the thing I was looking for when I joined this chapter. that, and a good place to go muddin or 4-wheelin. . you name the time and place and I will try my best to be there! later, all!

Vince

Old 09-28-2007, 05:27 PM
tewferford
Post Fiend
Maybe next summer I will have a sleep over. Jameees will be mandatory. (well at least for me anyway) Somethings people just don't have to see.

Old 10-11-2007, 01:07 PM
freevilleron
Freshman User
were is the mud im ready to go first i have to stop at a store to buy a truck load of beer and gas

Old 10-11-2007, 08:44 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by freevilleron
were is the mud im ready to go first i have to stop at a store to buy a truck load of beer and gas
Maybe we can get Jack (Jack_99V10) to hold a G2G as he has mud to play in at his place.