1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

MKO 5in Exhaust / Exit in front of wheel question?

Old 09-11-2007, 04:59 PM
WMRiceman
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MKO 5in Exhaust / Exit in front of wheel question?

I just read a post where a couple of you have the MKO (ebay) 5 inch exhaust with the end pipe exiting in front of the rear wheel. Those of you that installed the exhaust that way, did you have to modify the exhaust in order for it to work that way? Did you just leave off the over the axle pipe and install the end pipe so it exits in front of the right rear wheel?

I have a Crew Cab Short Bed.

The reason I’m asking is I have 5k lbs air springs and the 5 inch exhaust may not fit over the rear axle with the air springs. I just would like to know I have a plan “B” just in case. I’d rather have it exit out the rear but might have to settle for the in front of the wheel. I don't want to cut off my exhaust and find out that I can't install the new exhaust. Thanks, Mark
<O</O

<O</O

Attached Images  
Old 09-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If it exits on the side before the rear wheel, it will turn the wheel black with soot.

If it exits under the truck before the rear axle, the underside will be black with soot.

Either way, something is going to get dirty. If you don't want that soot to be visible everywhere you go, dump it before the rear axle, not the side of the truck.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:14 PM
Badluck
Senior User
side of the truck looks good, and you can do it with the parts provided no problem

Old 09-11-2007, 05:18 PM
WMRiceman
Senior User
Thanks, I just wanted a plan "B". I like the sound of the straight pipe muffler delete so in front of the wheel might be the way I go. I can deal with the soot.

Good to know I don't have to modify the tubes. Thanks for the info. Mark

Old 09-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Badluck
Senior User
well you would probably have to imporvise a little but all the bends are there, and you wouldnt have to buy anything extra

Search this Thread