6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Ultra Low Sulfar Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 06:02 AM
Bluefan
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I talked to the distributor for the local BP station and they stated that they had switched over 3/07 to ULSD and they were going to contact them about changing their sticker. Called Ford to see if they had a list of ULSD providers in my are. After 8 hours their response was "do not run LSD". Although not helpful at all the girl was very nice.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:42 AM
avmike
Junior User
All of your "interstate" truck stops and most of the filling stations along the interstate now have ULSD. They are: Flying J, Mr. Fuel, T/A, etc. I think Flying J and T/A are well known to have fresh diesel fuel due to the amount of fuel moved at these stations. If you see a lot of RVs and trucks, thats the place to buy fuel.

If the ULSD sticker is not on the pump, I won't even ask the question. I go someplace else.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:01 AM
marspec
Senior User
I was suprised when I pulled into a rest stop on the Pennsylvania Turnpike and their pumps were labeled low sulphur. Went on to the Ohio Turnpike to fill up. Flying J and Travel Centers of America have web sites that list type of diesel they are dispensing. Not all have ULSD.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:07 AM
avmike
Junior User
Smile

Yeah, I noticed some of the "intown" flying Js do not ULSD. From what I hear, these stations have been instructed to switch to ULSD by November of this year.

I do have one question. Why is diesel fuel so expensive. From what I believe, diesel fuel is cheaper to make than gasoline. I know states tax the hell out of diesel, but that much?

Old 09-13-2007, 08:31 AM
firehawk198
Elder User
Last summer I called Ford (roadside assistance page 266) from Virginia, From what I understand all BP stations carry ulta low. You can go on Map Quest and click on gas prices then the Diesel drop down bar. It will list the stations in the area & phone numbers. I called them to verify ULSD. It is amazing how many station empoyee's do know if it is ULSD until they look.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Bluefan
New User
Received a call back from the local Duke/BP distribtor, her the manager had put out the wrong stickers and they do carry ULSD. I am going to stop tonight and top off the tank just in case previous Sunoco was not the right stuff. I only have 175 miles on the tank so I am only down to 3/4 but what can it hurt right? Thanks to everyone for their help

Old 09-13-2007, 02:51 PM
firehawk198
Elder User
Originally Posted by Bluefan
Received a call back from the local Duke/BP distribtor, her the manager had put out the wrong stickers and they do carry ULSD. I am going to stop tonight and top off the tank just in case previous Sunoco was not the right stuff. I only have 175 miles on the tank so I am only down to 3/4 but what can it hurt right? Thanks to everyone for their help
More than likely it was mostly ULSD mixed just not up to specs yet. I ran some down in Va towing and didn't have a problem. It would cause it to go into regen more often to burn off the soot. During towing Since July 1st over 2,000 and 800 regular miles have not had a regen.