Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Recommendations:Aftermarket/Used Parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 07:24 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recommendations:Aftermarket/Used Parts

Please use this thread to recommend sources of aftermarket or used parts to others.

Give a breif description of the service offered, so other members or visitors will have an idea about the vendor. (i.e. Joe's Used Parts Great source of Ford 9" rearends)

Old 06-18-2007, 05:41 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Whidbey Island (Originally Posted by RexB)

Whidbey Island Mechanics

Recommended South End:

Dave Williams at McQueen's Marine and Auto, 1689 Main St, Freeland.

Dave, ASE cert'd, rebuilt Donna's old 5-spd transmission and clutch, new brake master cylinder, and several hydraulic lines. He has happy customers all around the south end for major rebuilds and minor repairs. Always busy, works fast, excellent repairs or replacement. He and Marty (McQueen) have daily parts deliveries scheduled from Seattle. He also has contacts all around, example: found old 280Z transmission parts from a guy in Saskatchewan.
--

Recommended North End:

Chief's Affordable Auto Repair, 35619 Hwy 20 Oak Harbor.
(North of Oak Harbor, just past Ault Field Rd on left (west) in a big old Quonset hut-type shop.)

Good work at a fair price. A friend and life-long Islander, Carol, has used him for years for engine rebuilds and replacement.

Auto Salvage & Parts yards:

We don't have much here, and they don't keep hulks very long. Slim pickings but it's all there is:

Christian's, Goldie Rd just outside Porter Gate of the NAS.
Three generations of family own and run Christian's. Nice peeps. Plus they've taken tons of scrap metal off my hands (for free, but it's the only place here that will do it.)

Oak Harbor Auto Wrecking, 1201 NE 16th Street. More expensive but better inventory.
-

NOT Recommended:

NOT: Martin's Auto Electric, Midway Blvd Oak Harbor. NOT

Martin's takes cars in, mis-diagnoses non-existent problems, makes unneeded $600 repairs, then claims it isn't their fault and makes another mis-diagnosis. Cheri had her truck towed twice after their "repairs". Unhappy customers all around. Also, I knew a so-called mechanic who worked for them cuz he couldn't keep a job anyplace else.

Old 06-18-2007, 05:45 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally posted by Martystowrig

Villoage Transmission in Edmonds
23901 84th ave w 98026
Talk to Dan He is the transmission GURU and very fair with pricing. I have a 99 V10SD 4x4 that needed a trans rebld. He helped me select the right upgrades and parts for my application. Also I got it to him on Tuesday and he had it back to me friday.
their PH # 425-778-0194

Old 06-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally posted by Redhawkssh44

Meridian Auto in Graham, They are over priced and think that the wrecks they have are made on gold.

On the other hand, South-Hill Auto & Truck Wrecking 6316 128th St E Puyallup, WA, (253) 841-0143 is an excellent place to get parts.

Old 06-18-2007, 05:49 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally posted by Ford_Six

I highly recommend Eastside Auto Wrecking in Bremerton (360) 377-7651, they have (or at least had) a decent selection of older Ford truck parts.

I also recommend Belfair Auto Wrecking (360) 275-6677), they are nice guys with good prices, decent selection

Old 06-18-2007, 05:50 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Sequim

A-1 Auto Parts (360) 681-2883 General Auto supply, with a helpful staff

Old 06-19-2007, 08:39 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 85_Ford-6.9L_4x4

Just thought I'd give ya'll an update, I know I know took me long enough.....LOL Anyways, went to Oak Harbor Auto wreaking and got a rear slider window out of a wreaked '88 for $35, took it down to A+ auto glass and they installed it for me. Just to let all you islanders know Oak Harbor Auto Wreaking is bigger then Christians, and has a LOT more Ford trucks, seen about everuthing from early '80s to mid '90s, 150s-350s. They even had sittin in the shop a 7.3 Powerstroke that was talkin to me...LOL But thankfully I resisted the temptation, God knows I couldnt aford THAT perticular swap. Anyways anybody on the island or in the area, thats a good place to go, great people to work with.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:42 PM
powerstroked162
Postmaster
Diesel Performance Unlimited- Pasco, Washington. Great couple of guys, real friendly but over priced and in-experienced when it comes to diesel performance. Limited on knowledge. They dont have the best of knowledge when it comes to aftermarket parts and the best bang for the buck concept. If you have lots of money and dont expect much power gains then do feel free to stop in. Just some friendly advice to be careful if you seek their knowledge or business.

Cowboy Steve

Old 08-08-2007, 02:23 AM
godblessmud
Posting Guru
this seems to be the place for this post.

im currently weighing all my options for either a 6 or 8 inch suspension lift, and at the same time considering a SAS in the front end, and a swap to a 9'' rear, that being said, other than finding a parts truck F350 (which im pursuing a few), where would be a good local place to source either a Dana 44 solid front axle, or a Dana 60 SFA, and a ford 9''?

and where could i go to talk in person to a knowlegable person about my lift questions?

the closer to Monroe the better, but distance isnt much of an issue provided its in the snohomish/king/peirce county areas

Old 08-26-2007, 05:14 PM
Mr. M
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by godblessmud
this seems to be the place for this post.

im currently weighing all my options for either a 6 or 8 inch suspension lift, and at the same time considering a SAS in the front end, and a swap to a 9'' rear, that being said, other than finding a parts truck F350 (which im pursuing a few), where would be a good local place to source either a Dana 44 solid front axle, or a Dana 60 SFA, and a ford 9''?
As for your rear end swap, the Ford 9" would throw your PSOM off. Your ABS, would not function. Could also potentially throw your PCM into limp mode. You'd be better off swapping to a 10.25" or beefing up the 8.8".

The ABS ring that sits on your differential is constantly sending feedback to your PCM. The 9" rear does not have a compatible ring...

The 8.8" can be built to sustain 500+ hp. If you rebuilt it properly, it would be cheaper, and more compatible with the rest of your rig. There are 10 second Lightnings running on basically stock 8.8" rears. Weld the axles instead of c clamps, throw in an aggressive LS (not the tracklocker OEM ford version), and aftermarket cover (with higher fluid capacity) and you'll be rock solid!

Talk to Jeremy at http://www.justdifferentials.com/

They are located in Wenatchee, and helped me build two sweet 8.8's. They know their rearends in and out.

Old 09-15-2007, 10:23 PM
Parrsboro
Senior User
interior parts

i just bought another truck, but it is in need of a few odds and ends to make her purdy again, like a new cup holder (broken) new ashtray, (missing).

You Placermike have done a great job of listing places in your area, but i was wondering where i might find something near the auburn,kent area for my nick a nacks?

Hey lost my beer any ideas?

After i get all the little parts put together i think it will need some body work.
I could use a few leads in that direction too if any near down here.

I bought this one as a bit of a project truck, its still not in to bad a shape tho.

Dave