Chapter BRANCHES...

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 11:45 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Chapter BRANCHES...

Something else I should have thought of before.

We've talked a lot about big states having Region A, Region B, etc.... But there is a much simpler way to do it I think. If each city or large town in a chapter is considered a branch, then you would have for example the Atoka Branch of the TN Chapter, Pheonix Branch of the AZ Chapter, Dallas Branch of the TEXAS Chapter, and so on.

Much easier to figure, and makes for much more local sub-groups. I think that's something people want real bad right now, not a huge statewide thing to try to be part of, but right down the street local groups. I'm still thinking this over, but driving cost and distance is a big deal to just about everyone.

Old 11-19-2007, 12:57 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
I've been considering this. Nebraska is 450 miles across, so it's a bit tough for me to get everyone together. Rich and I discussed this when I took over the chapter. I have a member in mind, for mid/western Nebraska, and another for north/northeastern Nebraska. I'm still mulling over the idea, and I'm not sure if the guys I'm thinking of would be up for it.

Old 11-19-2007, 02:13 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Try them and see - and above all make it as simple and easy as you can.

Old 11-19-2007, 02:14 PM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm thinking at least north and south in Louisiana. Maybe add central later. I know that I have a good man for the job down south.

Old 11-19-2007, 02:18 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
If we look at it squarely, all we're really doing is subdividing into small local clubs. A bunch of guys and gals here, a few more over there, and so on. When a larger area meet comes to be, past experience from hanging out with the local branch and talking in the chapters will make the bigger meets more attractive and likely to happen.

Old 11-19-2007, 02:19 PM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Sorry Double post.

I like the way Delaware has their chapter set up.

Last edited by rbloodhound; 11-19-2007 at 02:26 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:38 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by rbloodhound
Sorry Double post.

I like the way Delaware has their chapter set up.
Yeah, I'd love to have the members and the involvement that they have. I just have to get out and get some people to join up! I'm going to do a version of the flyer that George uses in Deleware. It gives more info, especially on the local chapter.

I think the idea of maybe smaller, seperate chapter meetings spread out around the state, then one or two large meets a year might have to be the way I go with this. It's awful hard for people to travel 2-300 miles just for a meet several times a year.

Old 11-19-2007, 02:42 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Thus the new idea based on a very old one: "Divide, and conquer"

In motivational terms, the end object is to make it as easy as possible to get together, and this accomplishes that mission I think.

The easier it is to meet, the more often it happens, and wanting more and bigger meets naturally would follow.

Old 11-19-2007, 02:43 PM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Have you tried PM's to Nebraska FTE members that are not chapter members. I have been doing this the last few days and have been having good luck. You would be suprised at how many people don't know about the chapters.

One tip tho. Look at their profile. In the right corner it will show their last activity. There are lots that havent been active for months to a few years.

I have also poste a thread Official member count. I have sent pm's to all members on the roster. A lot have checked in.

Old 11-19-2007, 03:21 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Yeah, I plan on doing this. Rich talked to me about it when I took over. I think it's a good idea. I just need to come up with a boiler plate PM to send out. I took a quick look, and there are a ton of people that have registered from Nebraska, but are not in the chapter. My one concern is that there is a New England chapter. I'm hoping no one put that as where they are from!

Old 11-19-2007, 03:26 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
There is another thing I'm going to do, and this includes your chapter Robert. I'm going to spend some time going to other chapters and see just how you guys do things, and maybe come up with some things to shamelessly duplicate!

Old 11-19-2007, 03:29 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Save what you have to your saved PM file, and modify it as you go. As it develops, and more questions are answered, it will become a model response.

At which point you might share it in the CL forum.

As far as chapter BELONGING, it seems that where you are located is tied to a system that will allow or disallow chapter joins - and you might warn people to update where they are for chapter join purposes.

If I say I am from Missouri for example, even if I lived in KANSAS CITY (recent debacle), it would not allow me to join Kansas.

But you can always change your basic info in order to "MASSAGE" the system.

If I changed my profile location tonight, to read: "ALASKA" my TN status would be wiped out, but I could join the Alaska chapter if there is one.

Last edited by Greywolf; 11-19-2007 at 03:32 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:32 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
I was under the impression that membership was pretty much up to us CL's. I know I have a few guys in Iowa and South Dakota, that live just across the border that are current members.