Sponsored by: DP Tuner

First long pull with my F-350

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 01:09 PM
f350peter
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking First long pull with my F-350

We took a trip up to Lake George NY last week, and the truck pulled our 6,500# camper with no problems. This was the longest trip we've made with this truck and we ended up driving about 700 miles for the whole trip. We averaged a hair under 13 mpg, and 500 of those miles were towing. On the trip there, the truck was loaded to the gills with two adults & two kids, firewood, food, clothes (and anything else my wife was afraid we'd forget). I was surprised how the truck was able to maintain a constant speed while traveling up some of the larger hills without having to mash my foot to the floor.
We went with another family who was also towing their camper with an 8.1 Suburban. He had the power to keep up, but he was taching close to the red zone on the hills while I never went over 2500rpm's. Also, when we arrived in New York, he was on fumes and I still had a little over a half tank of fuel left (not sure what size tank he has).
Any buyer's remorse I had when I bought this truck last year are LONG gone now!!

Old 08-13-2007, 01:26 PM
luvemhot
More Turbo
Originally Posted by f350peter
(and anything else my wife was afraid we'd forget).
Where did she put the kitchen sink

Any buyer's remorse I had when I bought this truck last year are LONG gone now!!
glad to here your remorse is gone.

Old 08-13-2007, 02:08 PM
bdrummonds
Post Fiend
Booo Gassers, Hoooray Diesel