New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

Our Next GTG

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 10:21 PM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by 7283-F250
If we do this I just need to figure out if I'm driving South to Salem or going to Manch or Concord?????
Why don't you head to Manchester and be the contact point there.

I will be the one in Salem..

Also Convoys need to know we will wait for a certain amount of time then we go on. If they are late they need to head to Lincoln and meet us there.

We can wait for everyone to arrive in Lincoln before going on to the Kangamagus.

Old 08-18-2007, 06:26 AM
dzlpwr
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by donjamer
Where are the boys from down under, in CT and RI??

Haven't heard from any of them yet...

Come out, Come out, where ever you are....
Im here!!!Just sitting back watching,Or wait is this another hit and run from down south?LMAO

Old 08-18-2007, 07:07 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,098 Likes on 4,183 Posts
Originally Posted by dzlpwr
Im here!!!Just sitting back watching,Or wait is this another hit and run from down south?LMAO
Ayup Shane...it certainly appears to be another "Hit and Run" from one of those nuts in the great Nutmeg State!!!

Old 08-18-2007, 02:33 PM
gray91
Elder User
Delayed reply/sorry, but just as well

WOW!... You seem motivated.

Greenfield is 2 hrs from my place and a good 4 hours from Conway/N Conway.

I work friday and have car club meeting friday night in Concord, NH.
Saturday plans so far are to take the remaining items that belong to her to her in Portland ME (long story for a differant time). Your more than welcome to come with my but I bieleve I got a helper and 3 guys in a bench seat isn't "cool"
I might be done by noon time but I would not head back to the house first as Portland to Conway is not too bad a drive over rt 302.
Sunday I auto-cross #4 with the car club but I tihnk I will have to skip our on the race to finish the deck that Ken and Sean seem to think I am just dreaming up. My brother is helping me and we have both been buisy the last few weekends and this deck needs to be finished.

As for the B-Day. totaly understandable. I would do the same if I was in your shoes. But if it was just the SO's B-Day I would bring her and take her out to eat in Conway (and possibly bite my toung and let her do a bit of shopping )
I glancing over the many posts I missed yours. I'll have to look at these again and hope I didn't miss anything important.But just as well, 3 guys on a bench seat is not cool.. Only if someone is stranded and really needs a lift somewhere.. But anyway, having just been to Maine on Aug 1st it is a drive and a half all by itself.

Yes I am motivatated, determined to meet this group of characters sooner or later, one way or another (except BIGKEN who works nearby) -- I'm defitely disappointed that my schedule conflicts with the GTGs so far, but sooner or later I'll get in one one.

As for taking the SO (I assume you mean "significant other" in this case the wife) out for the ride-- well-- she is away til December-ish and besides, having never met any Ford Truck Enthusiasts personally, she probably imagines truck-types to be a bunch of hairy guys dragging their knuckles beside them and chasing down lunch with clubs and things.

[Not really! She really is sociable and friendly once she gets to know folks, but she has to meet them first. ]

As for shopping?? Yikes!

Old 08-18-2007, 03:07 PM
BIGKEN
Received 7,098 Likes on 4,183 Posts
Originally Posted by gray91
I glancing over the many posts I missed yours. I'll have to look at these again and hope I didn't miss anything important.But just as well, 3 guys on a bench seat is not cool.. Only if someone is stranded and really needs a lift somewhere.. But anyway, having just been to Maine on Aug 1st it is a drive and a half all by itself.

Yes I am motivatated, determined to meet this group of characters sooner or later, one way or another (except BIGKEN who works nearby) -- I'm defitely disappointed that my schedule conflicts with the GTGs so far, but sooner or later I'll get in one one.

As for taking the SO (I assume you mean "significant other" in this case the wife) out for the ride-- well-- she is away til December-ish and besides, having never met any Ford Truck Enthusiasts personally, she probably imagines truck-types to be a bunch of hairy guys dragging their knuckles beside them and chasing down lunch with clubs and things.

[Not really! She really is sociable and friendly once she gets to know folks, but she has to meet them first. ]

As for shopping?? Yikes!
As if hairy guys dragging their knuckles is a bad thing?!?! Wait until he meets 7283-F250...donjamer...tatoo skullhead...sglaine...downhillpat...you ain't seen anything yet gray91!!! Chasing down lunch with clubs...hell we use our bare hands...no need for weapons!!!

Old 08-18-2007, 05:50 PM
gray91
Elder User
Characters indeed

Originally Posted by BIGKEN
As if hairy guys dragging their knuckles is a bad thing?!?! Wait until he meets 7283-F250...donjamer...tatoo skullhead...sglaine...downhillpat...you ain't seen anything yet gray91!!! Chasing down lunch with clubs...hell we use our bare hands...no need for weapons!!!
Actually I was concerned about bringing wifey along to one of these things.. And if she sees that list of names I'll have to sell "gray 91" and settle for a mild mannered little S-10 or similarly "civilized" truck!!

Old 08-18-2007, 07:13 PM
donjamer
Actually I was concerned about bringing wifey along to one of these things.. And if she sees that list of names I'll have to sell "gray 91" and settle for a mild mannered little S-10 or similarly "civilized" truck!!
Just bring her along anytime, we don't bite........much..

Also tell her not to worry when we put the number boards up..

Old 08-18-2007, 07:46 PM
gray91
Elder User
silly question

Just bring her along anytime, we don't bite........much..

Also tell her not to worry when we put the number boards up..
OK Silly Question Time: What's a Number Board??

---And intros to Ford Truck barbarians will have to wait til next year as she's overseas with the kids at her parents til December. ---

Old 08-18-2007, 08:59 PM
7283-F250
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As far an number boards go he might mean "best in show" judging....

My knuckels don't drag on the ground. They've been draging so long I don't have knuckels anymore

And as for me "fitting in" with the reast. I got a Focus and Toyota 4x4. I'm able to squeak by the forum police with my non running 68 and 72 F250's

My ex came with me to a lot of meets untill she started to seperate when she wasn't around on the weekends to attend meets. But thats a whole nother storry for a whole nother time.

If I get a new "soon to be future ex" I will probably drag her to the meets. I will purposly find one with long hair so I can tie it to the "o-****" handle so she can't escape...

The group isn't too bad. The only ones you need to watch out for are those CT guys... They are crazy. After all they go and do burnouts, with pulling a cookie, and also do it in front of cops while driving thier dulie SD's in Mass...

Gray - As for my ME trip today. I ended up going alone. Danm people backing out and having prior engagements to go to.

Old 08-18-2007, 09:19 PM
gray91
Elder User
One guy on a Bench Seat ain't cool either

As far an number boards go he might mean "best in show" judging....

My knuckels don't drag on the ground. They've been draging so long I don't have knuckels anymore

And as for me "fitting in" with the reast. I got a Focus and Toyota 4x4. I'm able to squeak by the forum police with my non running 68 and 72 F250's

My ex came with me to a lot of meets untill she started to seperate when she wasn't around on the weekends to attend meets. But thats a whole nother storry for a whole nother time.

If I get a new "soon to be future ex" I will probably drag her to the meets. I will purposly find one with long hair so I can tie it to the "o-****" handle so she can't escape...

The group isn't too bad. The only ones you need to watch out for are those CT guys... They are crazy. After all they go and do burnouts, with pulling a cookie, and also do it in front of cops while driving thier dulie SD's in Mass...

Gray - As for my ME trip today. I ended up going alone. Danm people backing out and having prior engagements to go to.

Yeah I know they ain't a "bad" bunch.. Just kidding because the bride is the shy type at first, then when she is comfortable she don't shut up That and she is only 5 feet tall so she's afraid of the trucks, let alone the creatures you find inside them. All in good fun.

Sorry you went solo, as I wrote earlier, I somehow missed a whole page of this thread somewhere along the line and didn't see any replies to my posts until this afternoon, so I'm glad you weren't expecting me.

I usually respond to posts and things immediately unless I'm in the "work" cycle-- (the 2 or 3 twelve-hour days).

You guys must be headed way out to where the bears and mooses S--- because where I went in Maine, Camden, was 4.25 hours from Greenfield without traffic, and that's normal highway speeds and only three rest (room) stops. Bundle up, mid Sept in white mountains ain't beach weather and bring extra sticks to club your food with in case there is a breakdown that holds you all up .

Oh yeah and looking forward to the potential future post from you "The 68 Lives!"

Kb

Old 08-18-2007, 11:45 PM
donjamer
OK Silly Question Time: What's a Number Board??

---And intros to Ford Truck barbarians will have to wait til next year as she's overseas with the kids at her parents til December. ---
Kind of like the scoring after a Diver has done his dive or in gymnastics...

Old 08-19-2007, 12:41 AM
gray91
Elder User
7283-F250 told me the same, too.

Kind of like the scoring after a Diver has done his dive or in gymnastics...
I'm a little slow on the uptake at times, after I re-read your post a few times I'll get it. 7283-F250.. I think he is Dan, told me it was like Olympic scoring..

I should fit in easy with guys in the chapter.. Would a normal guy have just come inside after fighting with stubborn screws on the cowl grille with a flashlight and new phillips driver at 1AM???

Well, mission accomplished, they loosened up before the heads stripped, so now I can sleep tonight not worrying about how to do a wiper motor job when I couldn't get past four stupid screws..

Have a good one!

Kb

Old 08-19-2007, 12:42 AM
gray91
Elder User
Oh yeah, sorry guys, this is all off-topic, but then again, the date, time, and location has been settled anyway...

Old 08-19-2007, 08:40 AM
Trusty Rusty
Senior User
Has there been any consesus on food? Are there "grills" at any of the parks or will Jammer or I have to bring one?

To whom it may concern: I will be in NH all weekend. I will be checking out Mt Washington and area sat and will head across the Kang early sun and hang out and wait for you guys.

Old 08-19-2007, 11:30 PM
downhillpat
Elder User
TONS O' FUN (....me) will be there. Who's meeting in manchester? I don't feel like reading.
For me lunch would constitute a mandatory stop in lincoln @ bill & bobs roast beef...mmm...same as the one down in mass for all you woburnish area... Instead of doing the kanc all the way to conway, I might suggest turning off @ bear notch road, which is a left that goes to rt.302 in Bartlett. Paddy know backroads..Paddy know backroads very well...the super awesome part is...I can compression brake it all the way down...and not have to worry about upshifting...may hookup the cruise ctrl for the highway....

Quick Reply: Our Next GTG