I don't dare trust her without me now.

Old 08-11-2007, 09:28 PM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Trusty Rusty
I don't dare trust her without me now.
Why?

Don't you trust us?

You saw how we were nice to the kittens..

We can keep Ken locked in the truck if you are worried...

Old 08-12-2007, 08:07 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,098 Likes on 4,183 Posts
Originally Posted by donjamer
Why?

Don't you trust us?

You saw how we were nice to the kittens..

We can keep Ken locked in the truck if you are worried...
Hmm...a form of bondage...I just might like it!!!

Old 08-12-2007, 07:50 PM
7283-F250
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so have we figured out a time and end to meet on yet?

Old 08-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Trusty Rusty
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am still planning on being up there for the weekend, so let I will let everyone else decide on time and places. Some of the locals, Im sure, will know of the better spots to meet up and convoy. Have we heard from any of the non-regulars? I still havent heard of one person from Maine, or Vermont. Anyone out there from up there?
Maybe we need to air drop spotter cards. LOL

Old 08-13-2007, 04:25 AM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
hey guy's

i see you are planning a trip to the white mts??? i live in the white mts..about 12 miles north of the notch..could i be of any help to you guy's???

Old 08-13-2007, 07:20 AM
BIGKEN
Originally Posted by ron's power stoke
hey guy's

i see you are planning a trip to the white mts??? i live in the white mts..about 12 miles north of the notch..could i be of any help to you guy's???
Hey Ron...good to hear from you...we don't get much participation from folks up north.

We haven't finalized our plans yet...still a work in progress...perhaps you have some suggestions...starting point...good places to stop...etc?? Your thoughts would be appreciated.

While you're at it...why not join the NE Chapter...we're growing...trying to be more active...a great bunch of guys.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:24 AM
7283-F250
Cargo Master
I just had a thought.... see the smoke...

Why not start on the 93 side (sorry Rusty ) and end in Conway. There is a road going up a mountin about 5 minuntes or so(ok maybe 15-20) from the entrance to the Kank in Conway. Ron could probably help out with the exact road. I know it does a kind of loop up and back down. I bottomed out my Saturn coming down it a few years ago when a buddy brough me on the road. The bottom of the way we went was in dire need of repaving.

There were a few nice sights up there if I remember correctly. And if we are running late it can be cut from the trip or those out of time can just shoot down Rt 16 to go home.

Agin just a thought.

Ron you know what road I'm talking about? It comes out near the overlook on 302/16 just after you come out of N. Conway headed north. The one that has been closed down for like 2 years for construction.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:35 PM
donjamer
I was justsearching the net for any travel info on the Kangamangus hwy and found this.

http://netrailhead.com/new_hampshire...-scenic-byway/

It says the ride takes about an hour and it also said something about needing a recreation parking pass..

Maybe Ron can shed some light on what we need as far as permits..

Is there any restrictions on operating a grill.. We wouldn't want to get in trouble or start a forest fire.

Is there any place for a convoy to stop and have a picnic?

Although given passed participation we will probably be a convoy of 6 vehicles.

I think we need to get a definite head (Truck/vehicle) Count.. We don't want to end up with a 100+ truck convoy on this hwy.. although it would be nice to see the participation go up...

Old 08-13-2007, 07:37 PM
Trusty Rusty
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think Im gonna let anything get in the way of this one. Its really coming together I think. It will be me + one on the shotgun side. The grill can come but its tough with the cap on the truck for now.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:09 PM
7283-F250
Cargo Master
I got a couple more guys lined up to attend this as well. I just have to keep them informed.

It might actually be a decent turn out.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:05 PM
donjamer
OK! Now were cooking...We have some definites and a destination..

WOW! Where getting good at this..

OK! To establish this event let me put out what we have so far..

DATE is SEPT 16, 2007 (Sunday)

Time to be determined, But probably should be up at the Kangamangus about noon or 1:00..

Trucks should meet along rt 93 and Convoy up. Locations to be determined.

Food to be brought and cooked at site along the Kangamangus.

Grill needed... I can bring mine I guess if we are allowed..(See my earlier post).

Should we assign people to bring items or is Sean and his millions footing the bill.

Regardless of previous posts Busty Rusty is NOT the mountains we are going to look at.. But Thanks Trusty for the offer..

Old 08-14-2007, 04:20 AM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 7283-F250
I just had a thought.... see the smoke...

Ron you know what road I'm talking about? It comes out near the overlook on 302/16 just after you come out of N. Conway headed north. The one that has been closed down for like 2 years for construction.

no I do not know the road..Conway is 45 miles south east of me..I don't get down there much..the Kangamangus is rt 112 and ends in Woodstock by interstate 93.. if you go just a bit further through Woodstock on 112. there is the lost river and the polar caves..as far as parking permits..I think that is for if you was parking your car un attended and hiking the trails..ill double check that if you like..I don't see any harm doing a cook out on the Kangamangus but ill find that out too if you wish.. sounds like it will be a fun trip..

Last edited by ron's power stoke; 08-14-2007 at 04:29 AM.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:26 AM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
Hey Ron...good to hear from you...we don't get much participation from folks up north.

We haven't finalized our plans yet...still a work in progress...perhaps you have some suggestions...starting point...good places to stop...etc?? Your thoughts would be appreciated.

While you're at it...why not join the NE Chapter...we're growing...trying to be more active...a great bunch of guys.
thanks for the welcome. i have been a supporter of FTE and have been for just over a year..i always went to the 7.3 forum never really looked any further..Rusty sent me a PM to check it out..thanks Rusty..what does it take to be a member???

Old 08-14-2007, 07:15 AM
BIGKEN
Originally Posted by ron's power stoke
no I do not know the road..Conway is 45 miles south east of me..I don't get down there much..the Kangamangus is rt 112 and ends in Woodstock by interstate 93.. if you go just a bit further through Woodstock on 112. there is the lost river and the polar caves..as far as parking permits..I think that is for if you was parking your car un attended and hiking the trails..ill double check that if you like..I don't see any harm doing a cook out on the Kangamangus but ill find that out too if you wish.. sounds like it will be a fun trip..
If you could check on the permits and cooking issues for us, it would be appreciated. We don't have any active members that far north.
Joining the chapter is easy...just go to the Regional Chapters heading...find the New Enland Region...click on Join Chapter...fill in the requested info...and submit. The Chapter Leader...sglaine...will review your info and approve you. No charges or other requirements...except you will have to have a good sense of humor...we will get on you... ...all in good fun of course...well mostly all in good fun... .

Quick Reply: Our Next GTG