2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show/Tell us your interior storage ideas in a SCRew

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 04:33 AM
yellowboy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Show/Tell us your interior storage ideas in a SCRew

One thing I really dislike about the 07's is the lack of interior storage, especially in the King Ranch which has the space wasting floor shifter with a measly console.

The overhead rail system is a joke (not paying $50.-100 for a plastic jewelry size box !). Is there an after market setup for the rail system ?

No room under the front seats because of all the wiring for the electric seats.

What have you done to increase storage of items in your supercrew, including removal of the back bottom seat(s) ?

PS: I'm not interested the overpriced piece of plastic junk called the DU-HA !

Old 08-06-2007, 09:13 AM
rambunctious
Senior User
what do you want to store
a buch of small items, or larger ones

Bradd motion has accessories that install into the rail bins for the overhead rail, But there is nothing in the aftermarket that is bigger than the existing rail bins ( 4 will fit on a SCREW rail, without DVD)

Ramb

Old 08-06-2007, 10:18 AM
tomsold4x4
Freshman User
What are you storing? I have an 06 Super cab with the console and think there is plenty of room under the rear seats for a lot of little odds and ends and the console has quite a bit of space. The door panels also have quite a bit of space.When all else fails there is a very large area behind the rear window !

Old 08-06-2007, 10:14 PM
SDTruckMan
Laughing Gas
Well I know I wish that ford would have put a tray or something in the center console.
I like the center console but dislike the garbage can where all the small stuff ends up on the bottom and you gotta dig everything out to get something out of it.

I too miss the underseat storage of my dodge. But I found a plastic bin at wally world.
I dont remember the size but it fits nicely under the rear seat of a crewcab on the drivers side and is just long enough that it goes to the center hump under the seat. It actually works good, but tends to slide out a little bit every now and then. Im thinking of putting some velcro strips on it to see if the carpet will hold it in place.
The down fall...its not under the front seat and easy to get to.

Hope that helps a bit..

Old 08-07-2007, 04:22 AM
yellowboy
Senior User
Well the 97 Supercab I had had the console with the column shifter. It not only had more storage, you could lift out the cupholders and there was a hidden compartment where you could hide items. There was also room in front of the console where I put an aftermarket console. It seems like the 07 has a bigger interior with less space !

Old 08-07-2007, 08:22 AM
SUPERMAG870
New User
Throw it in the back seat floorboard, and cram it under the back seat!

Seriously, I've thought about one of the DU-HA things. I just can't justify spending that much for a plastic/rubber bin to go under the back seat. I'm thinking about building something to fit under the back seat, just to kinda keep the clutter from spilling out into the back floorboard!
supermag

Old 08-07-2007, 09:09 AM
screwdriver
New User
Why does it have to be in the cab?

How about this? http://www.truckaccessoriesinsider.c...organizers.htm

This is what I use for extra storage.

Last edited by screwdriver; 08-07-2007 at 09:24 AM.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:59 PM
SDTruckMan
Laughing Gas
HOLY CRAP .... Whered you find that...Awesome.

Old 08-07-2007, 06:13 PM
STXDriver
Junior User
Originally Posted by SDTruckMan
HOLY CRAP .... Whered you find that...Awesome.
If you're talking to me, that's an A.R.E. tonneau cover. Just look them up in your local area. They are expensive but it keeps everything in the bed dry and it doesn't leak.

This is the second unit I've had. There was one on my '04 STX also.

Old 08-07-2007, 07:02 PM
GordoPanocho
Elder User
yellowboy, sounds like you didn't sit in both the column shifter and console shifter versions of the SuperCrew before you bought it. Perhaps you needed to stick with the column shifter version.

Old 08-07-2007, 07:46 PM
FoundOnRoad
Junior User
Originally Posted by SDTruckMan
Well I know I wish that ford would have put a tray or something in the center console. I like the center console but dislike the garbage can where all the small stuff ends up on the bottom and you gotta dig everything out to get something out of it.
I found a small plastic center console at ChinaMart that fits into my center console fairly well. It has a couple of cup holders where I keep my cell charger and Leatherman. A change holder that holds a cigar tube and a Maglite. A cassette / CD holder that holds a dozen slim cased MP3 CD's. A pencil holder for the anything long. And there is enough room to put a small compact umbrella next to it, with room either in front of or behind (depending on placement) to spare. I just hope it wasn't colored with lead pigment.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:07 PM
SDTruckMan
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by FoundOnRoad
I found a small plastic center console at ChinaMart that fits into my center console fairly well. It has a couple of cup holders where I keep my cell charger and Leatherman. A change holder that holds a cigar tube and a Maglite. A cassette / CD holder that holds a dozen slim cased MP3 CD's. A pencil holder for the anything long. And there is enough room to put a small compact umbrella next to it, with room either in front of or behind (depending on placement) to spare. I just hope it wasn't colored with lead pigment.
Dude.....Pictures..Pictures

Old 08-07-2007, 08:25 PM
MBBFord
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FoundOnRoad
That sounds like the one I saw for $3
I thought it might be worth it, but wasn't sure.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:29 PM
SDTruckMan
Laughing Gas
Is it one of those that was designed to fit over the center hump in vehicles?

Old 08-08-2007, 03:49 AM
yellowboy
Senior User
I had no choice, when you get a King Ranch it's floor shifter only. There alot of wasted space in that console, some because of the air vents. I have a Leer cap , but there's things you don't want back there.

Quick Reply: Show/Tell us your interior storage ideas in a SCRew