Garage & Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop. No Truck Tech Discussion   

More new toys

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 10:48 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
More new toys

I actually got this about four months ago, rebuilt the burner, fuel pump, water pump, and fixed two blown-out spots in the heat exchanger coil. Now, I have functional steam cleaner to get the moss off the truck in the background. I actually have no idea how old it is, and the guys at Jenny can't even tell me. It would be interesting to find out, though.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:34 AM
bhardy501
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool. New toys are always good, even if there somebody elses old toys. I just bought me a new lathe from Grizzly cant wait for it to get here. One of my lodge brothers sold me a 4 1/2" bench top jointer that looks like a new one for $20.00 its a Craftsman. I have aquired numberous wood working tools and will be, in the next few months, looking to buy a new milling machine. He who dies with the most toys wins.

Old 07-30-2007, 07:36 AM
GlennFordx4
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just gave the junk guy one like that LOL it needed to much work for me to spend the time and money to repair,once you start to patch the coil it will be time for a new one soon and they can get costly,but if you have to change one sometimes there are two to chose from 0.40 or 0.80.the 0.80 last twice as long and heat better to.

Old 07-30-2007, 08:32 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Yeah, the coil is $985. But, a new machine is $3k+, so when the time comes I might be able to justify it if I have the money. I think I have about $15 invested in this thing total including fuel, although I do have quite a few hours in it also