Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Chevy Commercial - Movie

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 02:34 PM
DMAX-HD
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chevy Commercial - Movie

Watch the movie Transformers. Not sure what GM's arrangement for that movie was but it looked significant.

Even if your not a GM fan it was a good flick - set the bar.

Old 07-22-2007, 03:06 PM
BOSSv10
Junior User
Loved the movie. My favorite line is "You have a Holey high riser double pumper." and on a fuelie engine. The computer generated engine was great also. Wonder what the G.M. part # for it is? I read Saleen built the Camero concept car for them in 45 days. Barricade (the Saleen cop car) was my fav. I love the to Punish and Enslave thing. Good movie worth the $10. Even though I think the Camero looks like a Caddilac it is growing on me. But I'll wait for the Challenger or if they ever put the boss engines into Mustangs.

Old 07-22-2007, 03:11 PM
condolan
Senior User
I read an article where GM apparently paid big bucks to make sure all the good cars were "GM vehicles or related somehow" and that the bad cars were "Ford related". I read that article before I watched the movie and...it was true! The whole movie does make GM look like the good guys.

I had to muffle my laugh when, in the movie, the kid says at the used car dealership: "Look dad! This one has racing stripes!"

My Toyota has a Hurst racing shifter handle and it still tops out at 75 mph.

Old 07-22-2007, 07:55 PM
Brian12281
New User
Yes Saleen did build the Camaro. It was built over here in Troy Michigan. A buddy of mine supplied the carbon fiber and fiberglass to build it. I LOVED the movie I was a die hard Transformers fan when i was a kid and actually cried (yeah make fun of me i was young) when Optimus prime died in the cartoon movie back in the 80's

Old 07-23-2007, 08:58 PM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Brian12281
Yes Saleen did build the Camaro. It was built over here in Troy Michigan. A buddy of mine supplied the carbon fiber and fiberglass to build it. I LOVED the movie I was a die hard Transformers fan when i was a kid and actually cried (yeah make fun of me i was young) when Optimus prime died in the cartoon movie back in the 80's

Didn't OP get colon cancer or sumpin' bizzare????

(BTW, I thought the movie was fun and I want a push bar for our Mustang!!)

Old 07-24-2007, 10:45 AM
BigDaddy6969
Senior User
Great movie. Man I would kill to find a way to get a hold of the original cartoon. I hate that god damn Megatron in the old one.

Old 07-24-2007, 07:38 PM
Brian12281
New User
Originally Posted by DOHCmarauder
Didn't OP get colon cancer or sumpin' bizzare????

(BTW, I thought the movie was fun and I want a push bar for our Mustang!!)

Too funny. Yeah the oruginal megatron is a Walther pistol. I couldnt imagine a gun playing that part may be kinda weird. You can see a bunch of transformer videos on you tube abd i tthink amazon has the original movie.