prodigy snafu

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 05:58 PM
rjent
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
prodigy snafu

Guys,
I have a 2005 F150 Lariat super crew PU with a prodigy brake controller I had the dealer install when I bought it new in 2005. It has worked perfectly, as good as the old hydralic units.

I just moved the controller over to my E450 V-10 based Winnebago motor home. I found the plug for the controller pluged it in and ....

The right turn signal lights (dash and outside) turn on solid and there is no display on the prodigy.

Prodigy says that there are two connectors, but I can only find the one...

Got any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Old 07-20-2007, 05:48 AM
Toyman
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
None of the RV manufacturers use the trailer wire harness from the factory. You will have to hard wire everything yourself. Don't forget to put a breaker in line for the brake feed and the battery charge feed.

Toyman

Old 07-20-2007, 07:22 AM
Powerstroker_18
Senior User
If your turn signals aren't working that isn't a prodigy related problem, I'd check your grounds, bulbs, and fuses. If that doesn't turn anything up check the turn signal switch.

All the motorhomes I've installed a brake controller in I 've had to hard wire them myself.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:57 AM
rjent
Senior User
Originally Posted by Toyman
None of the RV manufacturers use the trailer wire harness from the factory. You will have to hard wire everything yourself. Don't forget to put a breaker in line for the brake feed and the battery charge feed.

Toyman
Originally Posted by Powerstroker_18
If your turn signals aren't working that isn't a prodigy related problem, I'd check your grounds, bulbs, and fuses. If that doesn't turn anything up check the turn signal switch.

All the motorhomes I've installed a brake controller in I 've had to hard wire them myself.
Hard wire it myself it is!

Used to do that for a living so, piece of cake!

Thanks for the reply!