1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

1965 wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 07:16 AM
EricJ
Cargo Master
Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts
1965 wiring diagram

Anyone have a decent wiring diagram for the 65, the one I have is a POS.

Old 07-14-2007, 08:07 AM
ddavidv
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If it's the multi-page one that has the big trucks included that they repro, I think that's all there is.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:42 PM
daggerNC
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Eric - I have the '66 wiring diagram "booklet". Can't say for sure if identical to the '65, but tell me what model and diagram view you need and I can email you something.

daggerNC

Old 07-18-2007, 04:45 PM
EricJ
Cargo Master
Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by daggerNC
Eric - I have the '66 wiring diagram "booklet". Can't say for sure if identical to the '65, but tell me what model and diagram view you need and I can email you something.

daggerNC
Thank you sir, you've got mail. :-)

Old 07-19-2007, 10:33 PM
daggerNC
Tuned
Eric - I didn't receive any mail yet? Try sending me a PM first....

Old 08-07-2007, 11:47 AM
trucksforlife29
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi I am new here as well and I am in need of a good wiring diagram for my truck also I have a 66 F100 short bed and I would love to get a diagram for it the wiring is crap on my truck too and I have been unable to find one on the net for free I figure if any of you might possibly have one that you could share that would be great if you could reply I will send you my email address. Thanks

Old 08-14-2007, 06:03 PM
rbs_bowties
New User
Wiring Diagram for 1966 F100

Any chance that I could get a copy of the wiring diagrams / schemtaics for the 1966 F100 long box?
I am looking to re-wire the truck but have been un-successful in finding a company making a new harness for the truck. Both Painless and Ron Francis start with the 1967 F100, so I would really appreciate a diagram to work from when creating my own.
Thanks,
Rob

Originally Posted by daggerNC

daggerNC

Old 08-14-2007, 06:44 PM
daveengelson
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Have a 65 F100 and have not found anyone who repro's the dash harness. Disassembled the harness and replaced bad wires and connectors, then reassembled using wire wrap harness tape, not the sticky stuff. Came out better than expected, this was several years ago, no dash fires as yet. Been couple years since last checked, but Mr. Mustang, Inc., use to repro's the Ford F100 truck wiring harness for 64-67, have to call them, no online listing for their harnesses. Pleased with quality, actually purchased an extra set for another 65. Same wire color codes and connectors, matter of unplugging the old and plug in the new. If intend adding some trick electrical circuits then imagine aftermarket may be way to go, am basically lazy and wanted to keep it simple.

dave

Old 08-14-2007, 09:20 PM
ol yeller
Elder User
I've got a wiring book for the 66. If possible I will scan it and send anyone who needs info. Also just pulled off awiring harness that is the headlights and horn. Just what's under the hood. Got a classified posted.

Old 04-12-2009, 06:05 PM
tommyrs33
Junior User
Can anyone send me this diagram? I swapped a 460 into my 65 and have one heck of a wiring issue. I traced power from the bettery across the front of the truck, into the voltage regulator, into the cab, then into the steering column and that's it. Everything worked when I pulled the truck in to the garage. I'm lost. I have no ignition, headlights, anything. I don't know enough about electrical. It has to be something simple. On the otherside of things the battery goes to the starter solenoid and that's all. No power comes out of any of the terminals. Shouldn't one of these be hot? I mean I can do the old cross the solenoid out and it turns over. I can make the truck run by running a jumper to the distributor. Just cannot figure out why I have no power in the cab anymore. I have redone all my grounds. Even ran extra grounds from the cab to the frame and the front clip to the frame. Sorry to bring up an old post but I have searched and found nothing and I'm ready to just put the things up for sale and take whatever I can get. Please help. Thanks

Old 04-12-2009, 07:35 PM
F250GH
Tuned

Originally Posted by tommyrs33
Can anyone send me this diagram? I swapped a 460 into my 65 and have one heck of a wiring issue. I traced power from the bettery across the front of the truck, into the voltage regulator, into the cab, then into the steering column and that's it. Everything worked when I pulled the truck in to the garage. I'm lost. I have no ignition, headlights, anything. I don't know enough about electrical. It has to be something simple. On the otherside of things the battery goes to the starter solenoid and that's all. No power comes out of any of the terminals. Shouldn't one of these be hot? I mean I can do the old cross the solenoid out and it turns over. I can make the truck run by running a jumper to the distributor. Just cannot figure out why I have no power in the cab anymore. I have redone all my grounds. Even ran extra grounds from the cab to the frame and the front clip to the frame. Sorry to bring up an old post but I have searched and found nothing and I'm ready to just put the things up for sale and take whatever I can get. Please help. Thanks
At the main engine harness plug under the hood, check for voltage at the top right connector, (Black w/Yellow Stripe). This is the power feed from battery to ignition switch. Do you have the engine to firewall ground strap connected? The best way to do this is with a digital voltmeter. Of course your headlights are wired to the other harness which runs through the fuse box, so checking power at the fuse box would be a good starting point for troubleshooting lights, horn, and accessory problems.
Try looking at the connectors on both main harness plugs under the hood on the firewall. These are always corroded, or may just not be making a good connection.

Ken

Old 04-13-2009, 12:04 PM
kwlowe
New User
ol yeller,
would love to have wiring diagram for my 1965 f100. how do we connect. please excuse my ignorance (new user) in forums

Old 04-13-2009, 05:20 PM
F250GH
Tuned

You can buy them on Ebay or any parts dealer for $8 - $10. They are limited in details though,(not as detailed as say the Mustang wiring diagrams).

Ken

Old 04-13-2009, 05:40 PM
63beater
Junior User
This is my first day here and believe it or not here is what you are looking for.
Copy and paste this to your browser.
1964 F100 - F750 Wiring Diagrams - The Old Car Manual Project

Old 04-13-2009, 05:42 PM
camperspecial65
Postmaster
I do have the cats meow for 65 truck wiring diagrams...name your series...Ive got em all..from E series all the way to T series...email me with your needs...the book you always see everywhere I have and its sorta kinda close to the actual trucks wiring...but Ive got parts harnesses Ive compared the pamphlet to as well as my book...a FoMoCo published book btw...the Ford book its dead nuts on correct...

- cs65

Quick Reply: 1965 wiring diagram