N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Hi dee ho y'all

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 01:15 AM
fyre82
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Hi dee ho y'all

Hi all, I haven't fallen off of the earth although it feels like it sometimes.

I've survived shoulder surgery, been in school 20 days in May at Humboldt State studying for my next promotion. Most of June working 60-70 hours a week and trying to keep things in order in between.

Looks like the project truck is progressing, good to see, it's been a while since Oldfords, myself and the rest of the junkyard dogs pulled that engine. Geez when was that anyway?

I have gotten some stuff done to my Ranger and even went four wheeling a few weeks back in the High Lakes area. Great spring day in the high country, green meadows filled with wild flowers and some cool rock hopping.

I put a Tornado intake into my Focus and fabbed a straight intake for the Ranger, pics are in my cardomain for that. Haven't gotten to posting Focus pages yet though as it's my new DD. The Focus investment saved me over 100$ on the gas bill for June and has allowed some time to tinker with the 4x4.

I would love to get over to Dan's to bang on the project truck but I'm on a scheduled 50 hour week now and never know if I will have days off or not with lightning and stafffing at the job. Just know I'm there in spirit, so if the BFH falls on your toe it was probably me thinking about helping.

I sincerely hope that everyone is doing well and I hope to find more time to post and visit here.

Rich

Old 07-14-2007, 02:21 AM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great to hear from ya Rich!

Did you ever get the headlight for your car?

Old 07-15-2007, 01:02 AM
fyre82
Senior User
I haven't yet found a driving light for that Suby for less that a c note and none at the junkers. But I haven't had a bunch of time to look lately either LOL.

I guess when it cools down I'll have to go to Sac and the Pick n pulls to see what I can find.

Old 07-15-2007, 03:02 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad to hear your surgery was a success Rich. I just got home from a road trip to Oregon Coast. On the way out of California, I think I may have passed by your stomping ground, but was unsure how to contanct you. Went up Hwy 395 to Susanville, then to Hwy 44, to Hwy 89, then up I-5 out of Mount Shasta. Not too sure where you live but I think I remember that you were in that area somewhere.

On the way home, we passed by Clear Lake. I was once again kicking myself in the ars when I realized where I was, as I was in Tiger Dan's neck of the woods and didn't have his number either.

Oh yeah, we also passed by Humboldt State University. You picked a beautiful place to go to school Rich.

Stay safe, and keep one foot in the burn my friend, Tim

Old 07-15-2007, 11:46 PM
fyre82
Senior User
A slight senic detour and 12 miles out of your way woulda brought you to my door step. Oh well I know how it goes . . .

Glad to see that someone gets to go off and enjoy the summer, if my boss had her way I would work 24- 7. I did get out a couple of weeks ago and go into the edge of the High lakes area close to here, fun day, with 4 wheelin, green meadows and wild flowers galore. Course, me in all my wisdom didn't take a camera 'sept the cell phone one and that one suks.

There's a couple of poser pics of me foolin' around this last weekend on my car domain. haven't taken the minute to put them here yet. They suck too cause of the phone camera . . .

Take care

Rich