1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

FTE Member Endorsements

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 08:10 PM
merten
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FTE Member Endorsements

If anyone should ask me what is the most valuable tool that I have used in my '53 F100 project, I would have to say it is this web site and especially the 1948-1960 Forum. Were else can you get answers about these old rigs? I had the opportunity over the weekend to meet fellow FTE member raerjim. Jim sold me at a very low price some extra running boards and front end tin that I need to move my project along. He even brought them to within a 45 min. drive of my house. Another accommodating member is minger who took the time to to box up and send me a good used gas tank at a great price. Florida is a very bad place to find any parts for these trucks. Just reading the posts on this forum will help to keep you inspired.

Chris

Old 07-10-2007, 08:36 PM
raerjim
Fleet Mechanic
Thanks for the kind words Chris, and it was a pleasure meeting you as well. I've only been a member for about 15 months, and you are the first FTE'er I've met, but we are all like minded here, kinda like a club. Any time I can offer any of my meager help to whoever needs it, I'm there. As an example, I just received lots of reciepts for the 239 Y-block I have wherein the PO spent over 3000$ in parts and labor for a TOTAL rebuild in 2000 and drove it very little till the truck was squashed by a tree in hurricane Charley in '04. I will post it in our classified section tommorrow to offer it my compatriates here first, tho it would bring much more on U-PAY.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:57 PM
55 f350
Post Fiend
amen i second that motion . what a great wealth of info alway's available to get you the help and answers needed not to mention one he-- of a nice group of people !!!!!!!

Old 07-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Randy Jack
Postmaster

Ditto. This place is the best. And any chance to hook up with FTE'ers in person is always a treat. I love to put faces with names. I have met and gabbed with around a dozen personally over the 4 years I have been a member and all of them were swell folks.

I also have helped a few with parts and had the favor returned. I think this forum IS the best tool I have found.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:50 PM
ksmith203
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would still just be looking at my wrecker if it were not for the people on this site! Now I'm driving it about every other day! Love the looks of people staring at my truck!

Old 07-10-2007, 09:58 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
It's hard to go a day without stopping in to see what's happening here.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:04 PM
irondragon79
Posting Guru
Yeah, I too have had the chance to meet a couple of members since I've been on this site (in fact one has been a major parts supplier =) Plus I've had many that I have dealt with for parts swapping. This really is a great group and I am proud to be a part of it.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:12 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
I too think this site has been a good tool in deciding which direction to take with my truck. I have met several members so far. Only thing I have bad to say about the site, IT IS ADDICTIVE!!!!!! If I would stay off of here, I might get some work done.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:26 PM
RUSTY50F1
Posting Guru
I feel the same way all you fellas feel. If it wasn't for the folks on this site keeping me going and inspired I don't think I'd have half what I've got done. Great people and a great site. My thanks to all of you. But your right mechmagcn it is very ADDICTIVE. But I enjoy every minute of it. ...................RUSTY

Old 07-11-2007, 04:59 AM
merten
Laughing Gas
I forgot to mention the FTE member frankcowan who I first had a phone conversation with and who set me up with a really good and reasonably priced transporter to get my '53 from MN to FL. I have had nothing but good experiences with every contact that I have had on this site.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:30 AM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 726 Likes on 259 Posts
Some of you guys are new or reasonably new and some of us have commas in our post counts and lots of little green boxes in the upper right hand corner of our posts. What you new guys are witnessing has been the standard here for a very long time.

I've been hanging around FTE since back in the email list days. Back before Gates was a billionaire. This collection of builders, collectors, shade tree mechanics, rookies, pro's, time killers, re-doers, nare-do-wells, cootie-bobs and philosophers is without a doubt the finest group of individuals I have had contact with in what will be 60 years this 31 July.

They have helped me with countless truck problems, found me solutions, laughed at my stupid mistakes and kidded me unmercifully. Used me as a bad example, bragged on me when I didn't deserve it and made fun of me when I fell down. (they're all just jealous of my cow-cooker)

But, they have also shored me up during difficult emotional times, helped me financially when things were stretched a little too tight and prayed untiringly for me and my family when we needed a boat load of prayer.

The majority of this came from the 48-60 forum members, 'cause they know me here and 99% of my FTE time is spent here... but the owner and management/herders of the FTE gaggle are some of the best in the bunch and I'm honored to call them friends.

If you never turn another wrench on your truck you would do well to hang around here if for no other reason than to be reminded of how humans should treat other humans. It's getting harder and harder to find this kind of example in the world. Enjoy this experience and add to it. We'll all be the better for it.

soapbox kicked back under the workbench

later
John

Old 07-11-2007, 10:09 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Well said John

Old 07-11-2007, 10:50 AM
Okiedokie
Fleet Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Me too. This site and you guys are super. Daily visits are medicinal. Joe

Old 07-11-2007, 03:18 PM
CIAF
Posting Guru
Built my truck BECAUSE of the site and This forum in particular. Have sent out parts as well as gotten some sent to me. Have used ideas and advise of many and have enjoyed all the ribbing that John gets.
John, I like your reply and think it would be really interesting to run a poll just to see what some of us would classify ourselves as. As for me: I would be a Time-Killer or a Re-Doer.
Jon

Old 07-11-2007, 06:10 PM
dennisb56
Laughing Gas
Received 48 Likes on 25 Posts
Me too, if it wasn't for the help from everyone on this site my 52 would still me sitting in the PO's garage raising mice. Instead with the help I have gotten its on the road and I'm deeper in debt. But loving every minute of it.