S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Rhino Coat

Old 06-17-2005, 02:08 PM
Delzell
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Rhino Coat

Does anybody know where I can purchase Rhino Coat?

Old 06-17-2005, 06:51 PM
harleystud69
New User
go with line-x. it has nationwide lifetime warranty for as long as you own the truck. the competitors only warranty at the store you get it at and if they go out of business you are SOL. go to line-x.com or golinex.com and get more information.

cya

Old 06-17-2005, 09:40 PM
watersurgeon
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's my two cents. Forget Rhino and Line-x. I have been researching this for the last couple of months and every person I have talked to that actually uses there truck bed for hauling stuff has complained about Rhino and Line-x. Also what they don't tell you until you get in there is there is no UV protectant in the either of these products and if you want UV protection its an extra $50.00 - $100.00. They spray a clear coat on top of the finish. Oh, and then they try and sell you the finish spray in a bottle to keep it looking shiny, because in a couple of months the stuff fades to a dull finish.

Line-x warranty does not cover scrapes and guages. Repairs are made by just shooting the area that was damaged, so you get a fresh patch job on your old worn lining.

So far the best product I found is Turbo Liner. I stumbled on it by accident last year and did a lot of research on it. The product goes on under high pressure and high temperature. Its dry in about an hour because its catylist based product. Its a polyurea product designed to handle temperatures up to 350 degrees. Its my understanding that Rhino and Line-x use a polyurethane that breaks down at around 120 degrees. They use this stuff to line all kinds of stuff, pools, ponds, sound proofing etc...

The stuff goes on thick and has almost a cushin rubber texture to it.

I am actually having my truck shot in the next couple of weeks. There going to color match the bed to my truck, and thats a F350 long bed for around $350.00 out the door. (We got the wrong color codes so there waiting for me to get them the right ones for the Sonic Blue on my truck. They have there own chemists that color match at the main factory and then ship it to the dealer)

Line-x and Rhino can't even come close to that price. I went to three different franchises for both those companies, (six total) and got quotes from 600-800. (Fnnn Rip-off)

Don't take my word for it, do your own research. The web is turboliner.com The guy I am going through is in Riverside. Buds Service Center. If you go in there tell Bud you saw my post. Like I said go check the product out yourself. They actually sprayed the enterior of there show room/waiting area with this stuff. Its pretty cool looking. There are a couple of more you can get there listing from the web sight.

Old 06-19-2005, 01:06 PM
harleystud69
New User
I think you need to do some more research or better research on the Line-x product.
Everybody has an opinion though.

Old 06-19-2005, 10:22 PM
watersurgeon
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by harleystud69
I think you need to do some more research or better research on the Line-x product.
Everybody has an opinion though.
I gave each product Rhino and Line-x an open mind, because I was looking at using either one of these. For about six months every truck that I saw that had a liner sprayed in it that was being used in construction, I asked the owners some basic questions. What it was, how long they had it in, what they paid, and were they happy with its performance. The majority said they were unhappy with the finish, (dull black, paper thin in places, did'nt maintain the texture that it had when it was first sprayed) and the cost for what they thought they were getting. Many complained about the finish scrapping off when heavy loads were put in or off loaded, or chipping. Tools being thrown in the back, or dragged out would scrap out the finish, etc....

Frankly I thought I did some pretty good research.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:37 AM
blu77
New User
Talking How's this holding up?

Originally Posted by watersurgeon
Here's my two cents. Forget Rhino and Line-x. I have been researching this for the last couple of months and every person I have talked to that actually uses there truck bed for hauling stuff has complained about Rhino and Line-x. Also what they don't tell you until you get in there is there is no UV protectant in the either of these products and if you want UV protection its an extra $50.00 - $100.00. They spray a clear coat on top of the finish. Oh, and then they try and sell you the finish spray in a bottle to keep it looking shiny, because in a couple of months the stuff fades to a dull finish.

Line-x warranty does not cover scrapes and guages. Repairs are made by just shooting the area that was damaged, so you get a fresh patch job on your old worn lining.

So far the best product I found is Turbo Liner. I stumbled on it by accident last year and did a lot of research on it. The product goes on under high pressure and high temperature. Its dry in about an hour because its catylist based product. Its a polyurea product designed to handle temperatures up to 350 degrees. Its my understanding that Rhino and Line-x use a polyurethane that breaks down at around 120 degrees. They use this stuff to line all kinds of stuff, pools, ponds, sound proofing etc...

The stuff goes on thick and has almost a cushin rubber texture to it.

I am actually having my truck shot in the next couple of weeks. There going to color match the bed to my truck, and thats a F350 long bed for around $350.00 out the door. (We got the wrong color codes so there waiting for me to get them the right ones for the Sonic Blue on my truck. They have there own chemists that color match at the main factory and then ship it to the dealer)

Line-x and Rhino can't even come close to that price. I went to three different franchises for both those companies, (six total) and got quotes from 600-800. (Fnnn Rip-off)

Don't take my word for it, do your own research. The web is turboliner.com The guy I am going through is in Riverside. Buds Service Center. If you go in there tell Bud you saw my post. Like I said go check the product out yourself. They actually sprayed the enterior of there show room/waiting area with this stuff. Its pretty cool looking. There are a couple of more you can get there listing from the web sight.
How is this coating holding up after 2 years? I've been looking at Rhino for my 77 Bronco and stumbled on this post.

Thanks!

Blu